• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution is illogical and idolatry

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
OP must be a thinly veiled troll, no one can possibly be that ignorant as to what the definition of "idolatry" is.

This entire thread is bloody insane.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I

My point here is that evolution is a human quality placed upon nature and this is the definition of idolatry.

To put man into creation as opposed to God.

The illogical aspects of evolution are because God is infallible, and perfect logic and therefore any human element inappropriately applied to nature will be illogical.

Evolution ain't the anthropomorphic one. It seems you have your own religion confused with it. Your belief is that the world was created for humanity (nonsense really) by a thing that created people in it's own image (unbelievable). Evolution is perfectly biocentric - meaning this wasn't about humans or what they think or the crazy things they worship. Humans are a product, their gods are a product of them.

If there ever was or is a god, you have projected your own image into it - that is classic idolatry. You haven't asked any thing logical. You have only misused logic in hopes it will save you. Logic is not your god. Man is not god. And you don't know evolution.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
No, they worship themselves when they say the world is like them and not as God made it.

Humans progress, and compete with one another, not nature, it is a perfectly crafted machine that has no choice or selectivity.
But there are many Christians who also believe in evolution. There are many Christians who worship God, yet believe in evolution. Thus, you're wrong.

Walkntune

I have two threads asking important logical questions that are in the evolution forum. But the responses given back to me by evolutionists are childish ad hominems.

The issues of evolution's illogical nature is presented there (for my perspectives) and center around the progressive nature of evolutionary theory.

My point here is that evolution is a human quality placed upon nature and this is the definition of idolatry.

The illogical aspects of evolution are because God is infallible, and perfect logic and therefore any human element inappropriately applied to nature will be illogical.

I'm waiting for evolutionists to explain the logical attributes of evolution but if they can't then we can easily argue evolution is idolatrous.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ons-evolutions-applied-logic.html#post2692604

Have we become accustomed to evolutionists being unable to properly defend their beliefs?
Science in nature is kind of the same principal as the laws in music theory. It makes sense in theory but still doesn't ring true.

lunamoth

Will to love
There is so much wrong with that OP I can't even think where to begin.

I don't usually make posts like this, so kudos to the OP for being so completely over the top it provoked me to post out of character. :rainbow1:

Photonic

Ad astra!
Science in nature is kind of the same principal as the laws in music theory. It makes sense in theory but still doesn't ring true.

Actually it's more like the innate properties of reality.

You can tell yourself that all you want but in the end you'll still go splat if you jump off a building.

Walkntune

Actually it's more like the innate properties of reality.

You can tell yourself that all you want but in the end you'll still go splat if you jump off a building.
The prolblem is when people live their life like a mountain climber who got blinded at night and fell and was hanging on at the end of his rope. He has to take an intuitive step forward and let go of the rope but instead he holds on for dear life and freezes to death during the night . Its a shame when he was only two feet off the ground.

Photonic

Ad astra!
The prolblem is when people live their life like a mountain climber who got blinded at night and fell and was hanging on at the end of his rope. He has to take an intuitive step forward and let go of the rope but instead he holds on for dear life and freezes to death during the night . Its a shame when he was only two feet off the ground.

Lol, tell that to Einstein, master of the thought experiment.

not nom

why would one need to let observations about reality go? for what?

outhouse

Atheistically
I have two threads asking important logical questions that are in the evolution forum. But the responses given back to me by evolutionists are childish ad hominems.

The issues of evolution's illogical nature is presented there (for my perspectives) and center around the progressive nature of evolutionary theory.

I'm waiting for evolutionists to explain the logical attributes of evolution but if they can't then we can easily argue evolution is idolatrous.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ons-evolutions-applied-logic.html#post2692604

Have we become accustomed to evolutionists being unable to properly defend their beliefs?

The sooner you realize evolution is fact and theory the sooner you can move on with your life.

There is no debate about evolution and it is taught in every major university around the world as higher learning while the creation myth is outlwaed from poisoning our childrens minds.

If you battle theism against science, theism looses every time. Sad fact it is you causing the battle with post like these.

Walkntune

Well, let us know how that works. If you can.
Well for me it has been great in the music department especially since some guy out in a cottonfield produced music that broke all man made theories but still rings truth to that in nature. As far as the theory of evolution is concerned and science in nature, well I think where we are going is so much more important than where we think we came from. No need to hold on to that is there?

shawn001

"
Because reality is a persistant illusion that is better examined when one is not trying to hold on to it."

This actually sounds like quantum mechanics.

not nom

As far as the theory of evolution is concerned and science in nature, well I think where we are going is so much more important than where we think we came from. No need to hold on to that is there?

actually, I find that vitally important.

George Orwell said:
If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?

if I told you that yesterday you promised to be my slave forever in exchange for an apple, but that you simply forgot (because after that a snake gave you an orange of forgetfulness, which also completely changed the nature of space and time and everything) -- wouldn't you rather want to focus on the future, as my slave, instead of trying to prove me wrong, which is impossible?