• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution is illogical and idolatry

Photonic

Ad astra!
Well for me it has been great in the music department especially since some guy out in a cottonfield produced music that broke all man made theories but still rings truth to that in nature. As far as the theory of evolution is concerned and science in nature, well I think where we are going is so much more important than where we think we came from. No need to hold on to that is there?

"No need to know history, it never repeats itself."

Walkntune

It stopped?
I personally think the universe is winding down.It is funny how they say because of the sun we are not a closed system.I think the Bble is probably correct and there is nothing new under the sun.
I don't think anything evolved from a state of nothing. All information came from a source of information.Even if it appears that something evolved with new information the information is already in existance in the universe.
All information was there from the beginning.

not nom

I personally think the universe is winding down.It is funny how they say because of the sun we are not a closed system.

I think the Bble is probably correct and there is nothing new under the sun.

those two statements directly contradict each other. if the universe winds down, that's new? actually, you could even say nothing ever happens twice ^^

I don't think anything evolved from a state of nothing. All information came from a source of information.Even if it appears that something evolved with new information the information is already in existance in the universe.

that doesn't mean evolution stopped... but it does mean that there is no free will, and that all religion is therefore bull. I didn't see that coming to be honest, frubals for you ^^

Alceste

Vagabond
Oh that must be it...if it's so easy to refute, then refute it!

Refute what? You're just making claims. Your arguments have nothing whatsoever to do with evolution. Why would anybody be interested in arguing for an interpretation of evolution that only exists in your own fevered imagination?

There's no point talking to you at all about evolutionary biology except to explain to you what it is and how it works, since you are obviously operating from a foundation of total ignorance. It's clear from the bewilderingly ironic arrogance of your posts you are not interested in that sort of response.

So if you give us no good reason to debate you and no opportunity to educate you, what is left for us to do but to mock you?

Photonic

Ad astra!
I personally think the universe is winding down.It is funny how they say because of the sun we are not a closed system.I think the Bble is probably correct and there is nothing new under the sun.

Ahh, the something from nothing argument.

Such amazing circular logic, tell us, if something has to come from something why would you assume God came from nothing? If not What created God?

freethinker44

I have two threads asking important logical questions that are in the evolution forum. But the responses given back to me by evolutionists are childish ad hominems.

The issues of evolution's illogical nature is presented there (for my perspectives) and center around the progressive nature of evolutionary theory.

My point here is that evolution is a human quality placed upon nature and this is the definition of idolatry.

To put man into creation as opposed to God.

The illogical aspects of evolution are because God is infallible, and perfect logic and therefore any human element inappropriately applied to nature will be illogical.

I'm waiting for evolutionists to explain the logical attributes of evolution but if they can't then we can easily argue evolution is idolatrous.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ons-evolutions-applied-logic.html#post2692604

Have we become accustomed to evolutionists being unable to properly defend their beliefs?

I was going to write a response about how evolution isn't illogical and that it is idolatry makes no sense at all, but then it occurred to me that it doesn't matter whether it is illogical or if people idolize it. It has been observed and proven in nature. Your question does nothing to support non-evolution beliefs and offers nothing to refute evolution. It is only a distraction at best.

So for the sake of argument, I will agree with your post completely. Now where does that put us? How does evolution being an idolatrous, illogical faith-based religion make it any less true? It is still observed fact. That it is illogical isn't evidence against it at all.

Walkntune

those two statements directly contradict each other. if the universe winds down, that's new? actually, you could even say nothing ever happens twice ^^

that doesn't mean evolution stopped... but it does mean that there is no free will, and that all religion is therefore bull. I didn't see that coming to be honest, frubals for you ^^
Free will exists to the extent that we can be in line with our supply of information or a resistance to it.
I would like you to give me the examples of evolution. For every one you think you can give me I can many more examples of things going the otherway towards extinction.Things are changing obviously but they are going from order to disorder and not the other way. Even the laws in science would back this up.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
I have two threads asking important logical questions that are in the evolution forum. But the responses given back to me by evolutionists are childish ad hominems.

I have no way of knowing if that is true.

The issues of evolution's illogical nature is presented there (for my perspectives) and center around the progressive nature of evolutionary theory.

The theory of evolution (and all theories that explain details of evolution) do progress, and it is explaining more and more of exactly how evolution happened, answering that question in more and more detail.

Of course, the theory of how evolution happens is different than the theory of common descent. It is also different than the fact of which species is most related to humans or how birds evolved.

My point here is that evolution is a human quality placed upon nature and this is the definition of idolatry.

Evolution is not a human quality, it is simply a process, it is not "human" in any way. It is not placed on nature, it is how nature works.

To put man into creation as opposed to God.

Man did not make evolution happen. Man is only a product of evolution.

The illogical aspects of evolution are because God is infallible, and perfect logic and therefore any human element inappropriately applied to nature will be illogical.

What illogical aspects?

I'm waiting for evolutionists to explain the logical attributes of evolution but if they can't then we can easily argue evolution is idolatrous.

Basically it is the fact that over time creatures reproduce with variation and natural selection selects the good variation, and this will generally change a species as a whole slightly over several generations. Once you look at thousands of generations, you find that the final species becomes unrecognisable from the original. Sometimes two groups in the same species will become separated and will evolve in different directions, eventually becoming different species. Different species occupy different ecological niches, and evolution will allow species to adapt to their niches, and even adapt to new ones.

Obviously, species that have new organs and structures that are beneficial will survive better than their counterparts, so we should see new structures evolving. First evolution evolves a structure that does one simple thing, then takes a copy of that and uses it for another, adding a few components, and on and on until complex structures are produced. And first this structure at each stage does its new function poorly, but eventually it does it all right. Sometimes evolution takes a structure with one function, changes it a little and allows it to do its function even better. The species that first started evolving an organ did not need it as much as modern species which have become dependent on it.

We know that the earth is billions of years old. If we rewind the clock, we see fewer different species in ecological niches, fewer complex organs, until we go back to very simple organisms, that evolved from a common ancestor. That is evolution.
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ons-evolutions-applied-logic.html#post2692604

Have we become accustomed to evolutionists being unable to properly defend their beliefs?

When has this happened?

SCHIZO

A schizophrenic can defend their logic in their beliefs. That doesn't make it true.

A Schizophrenic can touch taste feel hear and see their delusions. The delusions are real. The mind is a reality. Everyone's mind is a reality, a part of reality. What my mind produces from delusion and hallucination is a part of reality. If reality is what comes into your senses then the delusions are real. Even delusion is part of reality. All experience is reality.

My beliefs can be focused on truth. That could possibly make them true. You should know something about Schizophrenia before you open your mouth. As if a Schizophrenic can't possibly produce truth. You don't know anything about Schizophrenia.

not nom

Free will exists to the extent that we can be in line with our supply of information or a resistance to it.

but you just said that everything how it is now, and how it will be, was in a way there already in the initial state of the universe. that kinda precludes free will.

Things are changing obviously but they are going from order to disorder and not the other way. Even the laws in science would back this up.

yeah, and, so, what? this has nothing to do with evolution. that's thermodynamics.

Photonic

Ad astra!
A Schizophrenic can touch taste feel hear and see their delusions. The delusions are real. The mind is a reality. Everyone's mind is a reality, a part of reality. What my mind produces from delusion and hallucination is a part of reality. If reality is what comes into your senses then the delusions are real. Even delusion is part of reality. All experience is reality.

My beliefs can be focused on truth. That could possibly make them true. You should know something about Schizophrenia before you open your mouth. As if a Schizophrenic can't possibly produce truth. You don't know anything about Schizophrenia.

Flew right over your head didn't it.

Perhaps you should be less quick to judge a comment before understanding it. Instead of having an emotional reaction to its content without reason. I don't appreciate it.