• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
So are you saying it's possible that some items, forms, organisms, stay in the same form more or less for billions of years without evolving (or mutating) into another form? Bonobos came from (evolved?) from a relative ancestor, didn't they? And then so do evolutionists believe that humans came from (evolved) from another ancestral origin. But bacteria and viruses -- ?? stay in those formats...is that right?
What is a form? How is it defined? Bonobos, chimpanzees and humans are forms of ape.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So please explain what the origin of viruses is. Also, and more importantly, I think, would be the branch of the tree supposedly that viruses are in. And what else that branch holds. Or maybe, perhaps, viruses came about somehow and evolved only into another type of virus? Maybe they didn't 'become' anything else but -- a virus.
You haven't even taken even the briefest of looks at the phylogenetic tree that I keep posting for you, have you?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Only for human societies. And I'm not convinced about the 'intelligent' part there.
Re-reading your post there, I have two things to say: one is that humans were endowed by God to have a modicum of intelligence.
And two is what one Bible writer said, aptly enough, and pretty much in agreement with what you are saying:
"I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course." (Jeremiah 10:23)
The inability of mankind (including the governments) to solve so many of their own problems. If you can do the job, you're God. :)

YoursTrue

You haven't even taken even the briefest of looks at the phylogenetic tree that I keep posting for you, have you?
Yes. That proves nothing. I have looked at it. It proves man's thinking. And so often, in evolutionary science, they change their ideas. As you may have noted from my own experience, I accepted everything as true that they taught me about evolution when I was in school. I had no reason to not believe it.
Notice this:
"Some scientists have proposed that abiogenesis occurred more than once. In one example of this hypothetical scenario, different types of life arose, each with distinct biochemical architectures reflecting the nature of the abiogenic materials from which they developed." abiogenesis | Definition & Theory
So now -- separate trees stemming from different unicells, or branches from one single ancestor? All "hypothetical" examples of how life evolved from -- one or more than one root.

Astrophile

So please explain what the origin of viruses is. Also, and more importantly, I think, would be the branch of the tree supposedly that viruses are in. And what else that branch holds. Or maybe, perhaps, viruses came about somehow and evolved only into another type of virus? Maybe they didn't 'become' anything else but -- a virus.

So are you saying it's possible that some items, forms, organisms, stay in the same form more or less for billions of years without evolving (or mutating) into another form? Bonobos came from (evolved?) from a relative ancestor, didn't they? And then so do evolutionists believe that humans came from (evolved) from another ancestral origin. But bacteria and viruses -- ?? stay in those formats...is that right?

Saying that viruses are still viruses and that bacteria are still bacteria, therefore they have stayed in the same form for billions of years without evolving, is like saying that we are still primates, mammals, vertebrates and eukaryotes, therefore we have stayed in the same form for tens or hundreds of millions of years without evolving.

YoursTrue

Saying that viruses are still viruses and that bacteria are still bacteria, therefore they have stayed in the same form for billions of years without evolving, is like saying that we are still primates, mammals, vertebrates and eukaryotes, therefore we have stayed in the same form for tens or hundreds of millions of years without evolving.
Not really. Because everything is supposed to have come from (evolved) from bacteria. But so far these little forms stay as bacteria. Even when "evolving" to another form of ... bacteria. Now here's where it's necessary for some to say, "well, we haven't lived long enough to see it."

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really. Because everything is supposed to have come from (evolved) from bacteria. But so far these little forms stay as bacteria. Even when "evolving" to another form of ... bacteria. Now here's where it's necessary for some to say, "well, we haven't lived long enough to see it."
Is it that you think that if bugs, birds, buffaloes evolved from bacteria, there should be no bacteria? Is that it? Do you think bacteria one day, poof, chimpanzees the next day?

Astrophile

I am not a biologist, still less a bacteriologist, so I shouldn't say anything about the evolution of bacteria into other forms of life. However, you may be interested in reading about symbiogenesis - Symbiogenesis - Wikipedia - which is described as 'an evolutionary theory of the origin of eukaryotic cells from prokaryotic organisms'; it was 'advanced and substantiated with microbiological evidence by Lynn Margulis in 1967.'

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Bacteria stayed as bacteria for well over a billion years before getting the symbiosis that made eucaryotic (complex) cells. Why would you expect to see them change in a couple of human lifetimes?

If you know anyone who has lived a billion years, let me know.

YoursTrue

Bacteria stayed as bacteria for well over a billion years before getting the symbiosis that made eucaryotic (complex) cells. Why would you expect to see them change in a couple of human lifetimes?

That's what I thought you would say.

YoursTrue

I am not a biologist, still less a bacteriologist, so I shouldn't say anything about the evolution of bacteria into other forms of life. However, you may be interested in reading about symbiogenesis - Symbiogenesis - Wikipedia - which is described as 'an evolutionary theory of the origin of eukaryotic cells from prokaryotic organisms'; it was 'advanced and substantiated with microbiological evidence by Lynn Margulis in 1967.'
Sorry,but it is not settled among scientists about that "tree" of evolutionary life. I remember from my reading that scientists think maybe more than one unicell came up. Who's to say they all proceeded in the same direction? The more I think about it, the less likely it happened as posited. Furthermore, looking at nature and the marvelous qualities of animals and plants makes me think it didn't happen by "blind" force, however one might imagine it.

Like you or ANYONE ELSE outside of heaven knows.

Bear Wild

Prove that He was not with the millions of people who preserved a record, and later as a nation had a written that record He was? What we dismiss all things but your biased hunches now??

Did you create that timeline yourself or are there more like you out there in your imaginary world?
Thankfully the timeline demonstrates how little you know and how big your imagination is. With this type of illogic I can demonstrate how Ymir created the world long before your timeline begins.

Bear Wild

Like you or ANYONE ELSE outside of heaven knows.

Yes like anyone living on Earth that takes the time to learn the evidence would know. Even you can learn to know if you want to. The evidence is all their for anyone. Bacteria are still hear because the environmental niche still exists. The genetic changes to form more complex organisms allowed for the expansion into new and different niches in the environment. As organisms change the environment even newer niches develop and can be exploited by genetic changes. If you take the time to learn ecology and evolution principles it will all become clearer. These two studies go hand in hand to understand how live developed slowly with episodes of more rapid changes over time. You cannot however compare a bacteria to a complex organism such a human without looking at all the changes that preceded. It is hard for humans who live such a short time with respect to the age of the earth to understand the amount of time for evolution to occur.