• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution Vs. Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're new here, slowbreath, so you probably don't realise that "only a theory" comes up so regularly on every thread dealing with evolution that it elicits facepalms.

When we're talking about scientific theories we're not using the word in the colloquial sense of conjecture or speculation. In science a theory is a whole different thing. Germs causing disease, gravity and the Earth revolving around the sun are theories, but few would contend they were mere speculation.

you can think whatever you like, i really dont care either way, but i dont know where you get your information from concerning theory and science.

you can think whatever you like, i really dont care either way, but i dont know where you get your information from concerning theory and science.

facepalm.jpg

outhouse

Atheistically
It is missing pieces, so its not complete. At a time in the future, there is a possibility that we might find evidence that evolution wasnt right. The theory wont stay the same, it will change with the information we get.

it doesnt have to be complete

we see the beginning the middle and the end with many gaps filled.

it will not change with more discovery, it will only make the picture more clear.

this is not up for debate, it is observable facts.

to deny evolution in any part, is to blatantly admit your education is lacking in the proper field

outhouse

Atheistically
it might be helpful to remember that evolution is just a theory...the theory of evolution, it has never ever been a principle and the theory of evolution is not the same as darwinism.
the idea of the god of the bible creating everything doesnt have a shred of evedence either, its something that is simply believed to be true by some, and thats called faith, actually the theroy of evolution can be believed by faith too.

if one believes in evolution without knowing the facts then it is faith in science, you are right about that.

evolution is fact and theory.

it has been observed and there is no debate at all. There hasnt been one for a long long time.

as explained to you, theory is science is not a hypothysis. for scienec to label something theory it is based on observable facts or it will not be a theory.

mankind evolved, there is no debate.

Science is a tool to better understand the wonders of the universe, and to a small degree, the tools god uses to create it. Evolution is creation in motion. God is not resting.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
evidence?
There is no evidence. There is only acceptance of the natural workings of the universe, and faith that God is behind it.

There is nothing wrong with believing that a supreme being exists, as long as one does not ignore reality.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
it might be helpful to remember that evolution is just a theory...the theory of evolution, it has never ever been a principle and the theory of evolution is not the same as darwinism.
the idea of the god of the bible creating everything doesnt have a shred of evedence either, its something that is simply believed to be true by some, and thats called faith, actually the theroy of evolution can be believed by faith too.

Slowbreath, please don't confuse the colloquial use of the word theory with the scientific term.
It only highlights your ignorance.

dallas1125

Covert Operative
Agreed

But not all the gaps, our knowledge of it is not complete.

it will not change with more discovery, it will only make the picture more clear.
Yes

I dont even know what the point is of this discussion.

to deny evolution in any part, is to blatantly admit your education is lacking in the proper field
I dont understand you guys. I am not denying evolution in any way but the second I point out the theory does have gaps and we are missing links that are yet to be discovered, you attack me. You try to claim that I am uneducated on the subject. I am educated and I do understand it.

Im gonna side with Dellas on this here, Yes, the ToE has some gaps and yes, you cannot really argue with the ToE

but it CAN change with new discoverys and it IS up for debate aslong as the debate is rational.

lets compare it with Newtons laws,
they are considered correct but they are still open for debate.
one man that chalenged Newtons laws is Albert Einstein, he didn't say that newtons laws ware wrong, but that they did not account for the disruption in space-time.

So Einstein made a new theory that didn't replace Newton but it enhanced Newton's laws.

in the same way, Evolution may be inacurate and may one day be incorporated into a new theory.

Evolution should be discussed but it should be discussed rationally, scientificly and not with a religious agenda.

outhouse

Atheistically
I dont understand you guys.

you dont understand all of evolution either. atleast you follow the idea its real.

the theory does have gaps

this is your mistake right here

the theory does not have gaps, the theory is solid from observation of facts.

there are gaps in certain species due to lack of fossils but if they are found the theory remains identical as it is now.

do we know everything, no. But no added information will change anything in the theory.

this is like saying if we invent a machine to reverse gravity that it will change teh laws regarding the theory of gravity. it wont happen here or with evolution.

the theorys are solid or they would not be theory's

you attack me.

this is not an attack in any sense, im pointing out your mistakes and letting you know if you had the proper education in the fields the gray areas would magically disappear and you would not misstate science like below.

this was your personal opinion and is wrong.

we might find evidence that evolution wasnt right.

outhouse

Atheistically
Im gonna side with Dellas on this here, Yes, the ToE has some gaps and yes, you cannot really argue with the ToE

lets compare it with Newtons laws,
they are considered correct but they are still open for debate.
one man that chalenged Newtons laws is Albert Einstein, he didn't say that newtons laws ware wrong, but that they did not account for the disruption in space-time.

So Einstein made a new theory that didn't replace Newton but it enhanced Newton's laws.

in the same way, Evolution may be inacurate and may one day be incorporated into a new theory.

Evolution should be discussed but it should be discussed rationally, scientificly and not with a religious agenda.

I agree with most parts of this, read what I posted above for clarifications.

but it CAN change with new discoverys and it IS up for debate aslong as the debate is rational.

ToE is not up for debate vs creation,, every addition to the existing theory is however up for debate.

what some are missing here, not sure if you are is that ToE covers A to Z.. adding a few missing letter will not change ToE as a whole.

dallas1125

Covert Operative
you dont understand all of evolution either. atleast you follow the idea its real.
Yes

his is your mistake right here

the theory does not have gaps, the theory is solid from observation of facts.
there are gaps in certain species due to lack of fossils but if they are found the theory remains identical as it is now.
Sorry, you say it doesnt have gaps then say right after that there are gaps in certain species?

do we know everything, no. But no added information will change anything in the theory.
I disagree, any new observable evidence could change the theory we have right now.

this is like saying if we invent a machine to reverse gravity that it will change teh laws regarding the theory of gravity. it wont happen here or with evolution.
Not even close to what I am saying.

the theorys are solid or they would not be theory's
Solid in the sense that the evidence supports it. Any new evidence could change it though.

this is not an attack in any sense, im pointing out your mistakes and letting you know if you had the proper education in the fields the gray areas would magically disappear and you would not misstate science like below.

this was your personal opinion and is wrong.
Are you denying the possibility that we might find enough observable evidence in the future to change the TOE?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I wish people, both atheist and theist, would stop debating the existence of God in evolution threads. It only adds to ignorant people's confusion.

outhouse

Atheistically
Sorry, you say it doesnt have gaps then say right after that there are gaps in certain species?

your missing the point

there is ToE
and
there is evidence in support of evolution of different species

thses are two different areas.

Are you denying the possibility that we might find enough observable evidence in the future to change the TOE?

you dont understand ToE enough.

ToE explains How all things evolve. filling in gaps with new finds does not change ToE it changes what we know about a particular species

maybe i dont undrstand what your trying to say.

when you say "change" how do you think it will change?? you should be more definitive instead of using a blanket statement

Status
Not open for further replies.