• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVOLUTION, what a lie.

LittleNipper

doppelgänger;1515791 said:
There are at least half a dozen category errors underlying your questions. And no, I'm not going to bother explaining them to you, so don't ask.

Questions do not have category errors. Those without an explanation use such as an excuse not to be painted into an obvious corner of their own design.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What are you specifically referring to when you say evolution? Evolution of what exactly? You tell me that and I will not be confused.

I am referring to a theory, a specific theory in the scientific field of Biology, the Theory of Evolution. Are you familiar with it? Do you know what it explains and how?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'm against science being placed in a secular box and called "being Constitutional."

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. Science takes no position on the existence of God. There is no science, Biological or otherwise, that asserts there is no God. There is no scientific theory that God does not exist. The existence of God is compatible with every scientific theory, including ToE. What the constitution requires is that we don't take religion and call it science. Do you have a problem with that?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And how long did it take life on a dead planet to originate?
Start a thread; it's irrelevant to this one.
After that, how long did it take that life to become you?
Around 3.56 billion years, or so they tell me.
That equals approximately how many changes a year to accomplish that feat? (Note my sense of humor) One must assume that math is a more exact science than biology, perhaps?
No, I don't see the humor. I'm not a biologist, but in fact scientists did this exact math a hundred years ago and figured out it would need at least a billion years. Then it turned out that's what we have. Do you think they're stupid?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I think I know what your problem is, LIttleNipper--you've been reading Creationists, haven't you? What you need to know is that Creationists, and by that I mean true Young Earth Creationists (YEC) like Ken Hamm only have two kinds of statements, gibberish and lies. If you read them, you will become progressively more confused and ignorant, which is what I think has happened in your case.

btw, don't take my word for it. Point me to any Creationist website you like, and I'll find gibberish and lies on the first page with content on it.

Do you realize how stupid you sound, rejecting a theory when you don't even know what it is?

How old are you?

MysticPhD

Is it possible that God exists? Yes.
Is it rational to attack science because it doesn't account for the supernatural? No. Mankind has established science to deal only with the natural world we live in.
Why must God be supernatural . . . some silly definitions or absurd descriptions by religionists? Who says you should NOT be dealing with the natural world?

Last edited:

themadhair

Why must God be supernatural . . . some silly definitions or absurd descriptions by religionists? Who says you should NOT dealing with the natural world?
Why bother to define your god? Why allow yourself to be constrained by making it possible to understand what you are advocating?