• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Christian apologizes to everyone

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So I like the Davinci Code..So what..

I like the "Lion the Witch amd the Wardrobe" and Harry Potter as well..

Im not "limited to that" though...in case you are worried.

I read true crime and memoirs..

I assume now the Zodiac killer is dead.

Love

Dallas

footprints

footprints: I'm just going to put you on ignore. Please don't bother addressing me; I'm not interested in conversing with you.

That is okay Auto, I do not mind a one sided conversation.

I do understand you couldn't answer without incriminating yourself.

footprints

Parents are to be parents. They need to supervise what their children are doing, and they need to be willing to answer their questions.

Parents are to parent first and foremost. They were never supposed to be the child's pal. This is what parental love is all about ---- to provide what the child needs and not just what the child wants, when he/she wants it.

Yes you are right LittleNipper, sonofskeptish and Sunstone agree with you.

footprints

You might want to start a thread to share your views on parenting; they're irrelevant to what the rest of us were talking about here.

Funny how you see what LittleNipper was talking about and make a post to them, but complety ignore sonofskeptish and Sunstone. LOL no it isn't, and it is what this whole thread has to deal with, Faith. Blind Faith.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Love

Dallas

I read True Crime too. I consider it to be my literary vice, kind of like potato chips. Most of them are so badly written. Don't you agree that it's essential it have the pictures in the middle?

Alceste

Vagabond

Love

Dallas

Harry Potter was awesome. Terry Pratchett, Alexander McCall Smith and Barbara Kingsolver are my top three writers these days. Fiction communicates insights into the human condition better than non-fiction. You can see that especially well with Pratchett.

LittleNipper

I third the motion.

Well see, there are some things we can agree on. Now, we just have to understand that there is a thread that weaves together problems and fears, and another that can bind our hopes. However, those two threads cannot be seen as one and the same. They are totally diverse.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Harry Potter was awesome. Terry Pratchett, Alexander McCall Smith and Barbara Kingsolver are my top three writers these days. Fiction communicates insights into the human condition better than non-fiction. You can see that especially well with Pratchett.

Wow, are we ever OT! Alexander McCall Smith is a genius, especially the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series. And the Portuguese Verbs. Hey, if you like him, you might enjoy Marriage Bureau for Rich People, by Farahad Zama. I used to love Barbara Kingsolver before she got all serious; now I can't read her.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Totally agree.

O.K., but the absolute best is True Crime that involves religion. Have you read Preacher's Girl, which is about this southern lady preacher's daughter who offs her husbands in rapid succession? I've read every Mormon murder True Crime ever, and it's embarrassing that I practically know the family trees of the LeBaron and Jeffs families, among others. Salamander Letter and stuff like that I just eat up.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I like them as well as Dean Koontz, Robin Cook, Laurell K Hamilton, Terry Goodkind, Jim Butcher, David Eddings, Piers Anthony....

Muffled

Jesus in me
Burning in white trash food for all of eternity. This is truly a horrific punishment.

Hell yeah! We certainly don't want culturally innappropriate torments, do we? So it will have to be curry sauce for sure.

I don't apologize for believing that people will go to Hell. It makes scientific sense and spiritual sense. However I can see why wishful thinking could lead a person to believe otherwise.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hell yeah! We certainly don't want culturally innappropriate torments, do we? So it will have to be curry sauce for sure.

I don't apologize for believing that people will go to Hell. It makes scientific sense and spiritual sense. However I can see why wishful thinking could lead a person to believe otherwise.
:biglaugh:

hell "makes scientific sense"

:biglaugh:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I'm so happy you can see why my wishful thinking leads me to believe you are grossly BSing me when you assert that hell makes scientific sense.

Wannabe Yogi

Ok I will bite, Please tell me how hell makes scientific sense. Bible verse's, your pastors sermons, and bad dreams, do not count as science.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It makes scientific sense and spiritual sense. However I can see why wishful thinking could lead a person to believe otherwise.
Scientific sense? How is this possible? There is no possible way to scientifically verify that people go to Heaven, Hell, Summerlands, Halls of Valhalla, obtain Nirvana, or just a general paradise when we die.

Smoke

Done here.
I sorry I can't reciprocate, but I can't even imagine what kind of thinking would lead anybody to believe that hell makes scientific sense -- or spiritual sense, for that matter.

johnhanks

I don't apologize for believing that people will go to Hell. It makes scientific sense...
Can I please join the queue of people waiting to see why this makes scientific sense? I kid you not, your answer is eagerly awaited.