• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing God

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You're right. Me claiming that I have experienced God means nothing. The fact is I experience God, whether or not I make the claim.

Or, the fact is that you're delusional, whether or not you make the claim. Since I have no reason whatsoever to think that God exists, nobody has been able to produce a shred of objective evidence whatsoever, I also have no reason to take your claims of an experience with God seriously. You also can't show why you take your own claims seriously. That makes your entire claimed experience suspect.

AllanV

There is a way to experience God as an energizing spirit but it takes a little time.
The person has to be assessed if they are a good candidate. Because not every one will come back balanced because the shock could be too much.
You have to be balanced in the first place and not harbor any difficult personality traits that can't be lived with when returning.
The assessment is done by God usually and a person is drawn to Him. But this could be by passed.

Last edited:

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
There is a way to experience God as an energizing spirit but it takes a little time.
The person has to be assessed if they are a good candidate. Because not every one will come back balanced because the shock could be too much.
You have to be balanced in the first place and not harbor any difficult personality traits that can't be lived with when they return.
The assessment is done by God usually and a person is drawn to Him. But this could be by passed.

Sorry, you're just spouting nonsense.

AllanV

Sorry, you're just spouting nonsense.
Have you ever met someone with a genetic hormonal problem who thinks he is Jesus. I knew a young man and after his stay in a psychiatric hospital he lived at my place.
Many years later I realized something. If the Bible is followed this is what happens.

To do the whole thing properly the hormones need to be shifted. It is difficult and a little frightening because it affects the mind. But it cleans the mind and self with all the nasty bits taken away. No more conflict.
It is troublesome coming back but it was done safely according to me.

Sonofason

Or, the fact is that you're delusional, whether or not you make the claim. Since I have no reason whatsoever to think that God exists, nobody has been able to produce a shred of objective evidence whatsoever, I also have no reason to take your claims of an experience with God seriously. You also can't show why you take your own claims seriously. That makes your entire claimed experience suspect.
Indeed, don't take my claims seriously. There's far too many people going to heaven as it is. Please, by all means, don't believe me.

serp777

Indeed, don't take my claims seriously. There's far too many people going to heaven as it is. Please, by all means, don't believe me.
Far too many people going to heaven? What does it get full? Do you need to make reservations? Are there seating and bedding arrangements too? Also I find it hilarious that you think his doubts over your questionable anecdotes determines his eligibility for heaven. Shouldn't being a good person who helps others and is selfless be the criteria? And furthermore, on what authority do you claim to be able to tell people that they are going to heaven or not? Your interpretations of some documents written about 1900-2000 years ago by iron age workers are almost certainly not the same as God intended. God probably resents you for making claims for him; you're probably insulting God and hurting your chances for getting into heaven by making such preposterous assertions for God.

serp777

You're right. Me claiming that I have experienced God means nothing. The fact is I experience God, whether or not I make the claim.
The fact is you only think you experience God. I don't know how you would know it is God as opposed to Brahman or Allah, or Zeus, but maybe he's giving you a special hotline. What do you usually talk about? The fact that religious schizophrenic frauds are making the same claims as you, which make you seem less credible?

How do you know your experience is actually God? Maybe its the devil tricking you to spread false propositions about God.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Have you ever met someone with a genetic hormonal problem who thinks he is Jesus. I knew a young man and after his stay in a psychiatric hospital he lived at my place.
Many years later I realized something. If the Bible is followed this is what happens.

To do the whole thing properly the hormones need to be shifted. It is difficult and a little frightening because it affects the mind. But it cleans the mind and self with all the nasty bits taken away. No more conflict.
It is troublesome coming back but it was done safely according to me.

There are all kinds of crazy people out there with delusions of godhood, but those delusions are physical, they aren't really gods. We need to recognize the actual causes behind these problems so these people get the help they need, we can't play into their delusions and pretend that the insane things they believe are actually true.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

That kind of absurd thinking is why nobody takes you seriously. By all means, continue to be laughable. :rolleyes:

AllanV

There are all kinds of crazy people out there with delusions of godhood, but those delusions are physical, they aren't really gods. We need to recognize the actual causes behind these problems so these people get the help they need, we can't play into their delusions and pretend that the insane things they believe are actually true.

People have disorders but it is possible to induce the same type of experience purposely and then recover. Therefore a person can experience joy and peacefulness in a new nature and then recover to their own miserable self.

To me this is interesting. A real experience occurs and if everyone did the same there would be no conflict leading to war.
My friends younger brother was put through the system when he didn't pose a threat to any one and it crushed him and he died young. He was committed by his atheistic parent. I didn't find him that difficult.
Apparently normal people argue and strive are full of pride and cannot step back from conflict when they cannot get their own way.
We are on the brink of a devastating world war now. Russia say there will be conflict if NATO doesn't back off and the USA say they are ready to deploy missiles in one hour any where in the world. These are what we hear there is plenty going on that we don't but you would want evidence and it will come.

Sonofason

Far too many people going to heaven? What does it get full? Do you need to make reservations? Are there seating and bedding arrangements too? Also I find it hilarious that you think his doubts over your questionable anecdotes determines his eligibility for heaven. Shouldn't being a good person who helps others and is selfless be the criteria? And furthermore, on what authority do you claim to be able to tell people that they are going to heaven or not? Your interpretations of some documents written about 1900-2000 years ago by iron age workers are almost certainly not the same as God intended. God probably resents you for making claims for him; you're probably insulting God and hurting your chances for getting into heaven by making such preposterous assertions for God.
I assure you the brain capacity of those 2,000 year old iron age workers is greater than mine, and it was greater than yours. The amount of grey matter in the human brain is shrinking, and our brains are getting smaller. It is likely that you are indeed not as intelligent as one of those 2,000 year old iron age workers. No, we got lucky and made a few great discoveries. They were discoveries that could just as easily have happened 2,000 years ago. Your bigotry regarding our ancestors is astonishing. If you want to know if you're going to heaven just look at these two verses of scripture. It will be quite clear.

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
(John 3:17-18)

Do you believe in God's Son? Are you obeying God's Word?
God doesn't resent me at all. God loves me, because I tell the truth, and because I believe in Him, and because I believe in His Son, and because I obey Him, and because I trust Him.

Trolle

Just Be
I had a spiritual wakining 2 years ago but have only told my wife about. I don't tell anyone because I now see the world in a different way than most people and I don't believe others will be able to relate to me. Spiritual experiences are also personal and hard to explain. I tell my wife it's like trying to describe the color blue.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I had a spiritual wakining 2 years ago but have only told my wife about. I don't tell anyone because I now see the world in a different way than most people and I don't believe others will be able to relate to me. Spiritual experiences are also personal and hard to explain. I tell my wife it's like trying to describe the color blue.

I believe it is difficult to relate. Jesus had to liken the spirit to the wind since it is difficult to describe on its own terms.

I believe it wouldn't hurt to share. You might find more in common than you think.

PS: blue is like purple a little in my mind.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Life is about the experience.

If I examine and try to objectify the experience, it begins to lose some quality.

I fairly certain that if one believes in something enough the mind is capable of providing the experience.

Whether anything exists outside, incidental to what is experienced, I'm not sure it is important.