• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing God

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Life is about the experience.

If I examine and try to objectify the experience, it begins to lose some quality.

I fairly certain that if one believes in something enough the mind is capable of providing the experience.

Whether anything exists outside, incidental to what is experienced, I'm not sure it is important.

And the tree makes a sound when it falls, whether anyone was there to hear it....
or not.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In my way of thinking, there is only what is, call that god, or whatever, we experience this life through our senses, and that is all we can ever know. This experience is within god, for there is nothing other than god, if there was, he wouldn't be god. .

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In my way of thinking, there is only what is, call that god, or whatever, we experience this life through our senses, and that is all we can ever know. This experience is within god, for there is nothing other than god, if there was, he wouldn't be god. .

Then God is Spirit?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Too bad for you.
You see no meaning......not my fault or problem.

It means no more to me than if I threatened you with Naraka. You find no reason to believe it's real, therefore it doesn't bother you. I find no reason to take your ridiculous netherworld seriously, therefore it's laughable that you try to threaten me with it. The fact that you keep doubling down on your asinine threats is even more laughable.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It means no more to me than if I threatened you with Naraka. You find no reason to believe it's real, therefore it doesn't bother you. I find no reason to take your ridiculous netherworld seriously, therefore it's laughable that you try to threaten me with it. The fact that you keep doubling down on your asinine threats is even more laughable.

I have reason to believe in God.
It's called cause and effect.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Then you should have no problem drawing a direct and demonstrable causal relationship from absolutely anything to God.

Go ahead.

Science takes to the point of singularity.
Choose.

Spirit first?...or substance?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That isn't a demonstrable causal link. That's an unsupported assertion. Do try again.

Ever occur to you?......God isn't proving Himself to you.
It's suppose to be the other way around.

Take away cause and effect.....all of science is a fail.

Choose.

Spirit first?.....or substance?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Ever occur to you?......God isn't proving Himself to you.
It's suppose to be the other way around.

Take away cause and effect.....all of science is a fail.

Choose.

Spirit first?.....or substance?

In other words, you've got nothing, as I predicted, and you're now trying to worm your way around your utter failure to pretend you have anything worth saying at all. It's okay, we all knew it was a sham all along. :rolleyes:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In other words, you've got nothing, as I predicted, and you're now trying to worm your way around your utter failure to pretend you have anything worth saying at all. It's okay, we all knew it was a sham all along. :rolleyes:

And you will never consider that 'point' of creation and admit.....substance is not 'self' starting.

As we stand at the 'point' of creation.....you must choose.
Substance first?....or Spirit.

The rest of your cognitive 'self' is then completely a chemical dependency........or......
there is a chance your spirit will continue after your chemistry fails.

oh! that's right!....the existence of a Creator might bring consideration.....you might have to deal with Something......
greater than your chemically dependent 'self'.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How do you know that?
Science!

It was taught in grade school and declared a FIRM notion.....
nothing moves without 'something' to move it.
nothing just happens.....for all things there is a cause.

Take away these basic notions and all of science.....fails.
(you cannot associate the result of an experiment to the experiment without 'cause and effect')

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
And you will never consider that 'point' of creation and admit.....substance is not 'self' starting.

As we stand at the 'point' of creation.....you must choose.
Substance first?....or Spirit.

The rest of your cognitive 'self' is then completely a chemical dependency........or......
there is a chance your spirit will continue after your chemistry fails.

oh! that's right!....the existence of a Creator might bring consideration.....you might have to deal with Something......
greater than your chemically dependent 'self'.

But you are not showing that such a creator, if there even is such a thing, is your God. That's the point. You're just asserting it.

Just give up, you're only digging yourself in deeper.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But you are not showing that such a creator, if there even is such a thing, is your God. That's the point. You're just asserting it.

Just give up, you're only digging yourself in deeper.

oh so now He must be MY God, that I speak of Him?

Not so.
He would be God whether I make the declaration or not.

He did it for Himself a long time ago.......I AM!
which I reckon much the same as .....Let there be light!