• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F.B.I raids the office of Trump’s personal lawyer.

tytlyf

Not Religious
This is about the payment for Stormy Daniels and whether Trump knew about it or not. The lawyer may have lied.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not at all favorable to Trump, but I wonder where the attorney-client privilege has gone here.

Good question! That must be preserved above all else.

It is my understanding that Cohen is a criminal suspect. I doubt that any privilege is attached to his personal records.

I believe the cliche is that the attorney isn't obligated to reveal where the bodies are buried, but he's not allowed to help bury them.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I am not at all favorable to Trump, but I wonder where the attorney-client privilege has gone here.
Good question. It is my understanding that privileged records will be there in examined by a separate group. But if they find communication for the purpose of committing obstruction of justice, conspiracy or other crimes there is no privilege.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Not a good look. It appears Mueller is trying to get himself fired.

If this is about the hooker, why is it based on a referral from the special counsel?

If this is an end run on attorney-client privilege to get at communications between Trump and his lawyer, he absolutely deserves to be removed from his position.

idav

Being
Premium Member
If this is an end run on attorney-client privilege to get at communications between Trump and his lawyer, he absolutely deserves to be removed from his position.
If you say so but looks to me like either Cohen is a part of a criminal investigation and/or he got himself involved is something that can get him disbarred.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not a good look. It appears Mueller is trying to get himself fired.

If this is about the hooker, why is it based on a referral from the special counsel?

There is no hooker involved. But I can understand your confusion. Trump after all does have a predilection for hiring hookers.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you say so but looks to me like either Cohen is a part of a criminal investigation and/or he got himself involved is something that can get him disbarred.
Sounds like it to me too. If they find evidence of wrong doing by Trump, but none from the attorney that evidence would be excluded from any trialtrial, from my understanding.

David T

Premium Member
That is the $64,000 question right there. Obviously they think Cohen has done something criminal. You came to the conclusion it was about trump. Maybe not..