• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F.B.I raids the office of Trump’s personal lawyer.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Quite interesting! I wonder what they gave the judge who issued the warrant as a justifiable reason for the raid?
The judge is obviously part of the deep state and paid off by George Soros. Anyway, something something Hillary Clinton something!

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That is the $64,000 question right there. Obviously they think Cohen has done something criminal. You came to the conclusion it was about trump. Maybe not..
That is how it looks to me, It is Cohen that is the direct target here.

But it is not good news for Trump.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Why don't these investigations just hold off, until after Trump's presidency?!! Grief! Tackle the country's major problems together, unitedly (bipartisan**), then resume the investigations!

Doesn't anybody else agree??
The Nation's got business to do, and at the helm is a man hounded left and right by legal issues and worries!

I wouldn't want him doing my taxes, with the pressures he's facing!

No wonder hardly anything progressive ever gets accomplished in this country! (But that's really the System...4 or 8 years leaning one way, then 4 or 8 years attacking what was accomplished, tearing it down and going the other way. Just sideways action, hardly any forward momentum.)

**And this is another 'problem': whatever would get accomplished during Trump's Administration, he --or the Republicans-- would get the credit for...and the enemies just can't have that! Oh, brother!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Ooh a well poisoning AND an ad hom all in one! Cool double.
What well did I poison, what argument did I attempt to discredit? Also, poisoning the well is always an ad hominem.

What Trump ....erm Cohen paid Daniels for was to keep her quiet not for sex.
This has become diversionary. Being in the profession of getting paid for sexual acts isn't mutually exclusive with having sex without being paid.

To you ...
It is implied that I speak from my perspective.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why don't these investigations just hold off, until after Trump's presidency?!! Grief! Tackle the country's major problems together, unitedly (bipartisan**), then resume the investigations!

Doesn't anybody else agree??
The Nation's got business to do, and at the helm is a man hounded left and right by legal issues and worries!

I wouldn't want him doing my taxes, with the pressures he's facing!

No wonder hardly anything progressive ever gets accomplished in this country! (But that's really the System...4 or 8 years leaning one way, then 4 or 8 years attacking what was accomplished, tearing it down and going the other way. Just sideways action, hardly any forward momentum.)

**And this is another 'problem': whatever would get accomplished during Trump's Administration, he --or the Republicans-- would get the credit for...and the enemies just can't have that! Oh, brother!
If Trump is in someway compromised you need to know that. Same thing goes for Kushner or anyone else working in the White House

Skwim

Veteran Member
Not a good look. It appears Mueller is trying to get himself fired.

If this is about the hooker, why is it based on a referral from the special counsel?

If this is an end run on attorney-client privilege to get at communications between Trump and his lawyer, he absolutely deserves to be removed from his position.
"Monday’s raids were authorized by a United States attorney who was appointed by Mr. Sessions and is a former law partner of Rudolph W. Giuliani, a Trump supporter. They were not authorized by Mr. Mueller."
source

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif
(Please note the smile on my face.)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am home and here is a link to the article:

Trump attorney Cohen is being investigated for possible bank fraud, campaign finance violations

Please note Mueller could not do this on his own. This sort of raid requires an authorization by someone higher up:

"To serve a search warrant on a practicing attorney, federal prosecutors are required to obtain approval from top Justice Department officials. That means the acting U.S. attorney in Manhattan, Geoffrey S. Berman, who was appointed to his role by Sessions in January, as well as Justice Department officials in Washington, probably signed off."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It is implied that I speak from my perspective.
And not all perspectives are of equal worth. One that I particularly appreciate is ...

The Cohen raids required high-level authorization within the Justice Department. Under regulations governing the special counsel’s work, Mueller is required to consult with Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein if his team finds information worth investigating that does not fall under his mandate to examine Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Rosenstein, as the acting attorney general supervising Mueller’s work, has the responsibility of deciding whether to expand Mueller’s mandate to include the new topic or to refer it to a U.S. attorney’s office.

Since Cohen is a practicing attorney whose communications with clients are considered privileged, federal prosecutors would have been required to first consider a less intrusive investigative tactic than a search warrant before executing the raids.

“A search warrant for a law office is extremely rare,” said Stephen Gillers, a professor at the New York University School of Law. “Lawyers are given the courtesy of producing documents in response to a subpoena or a request unless the government believes a lawyer will destroy or conceal the objects of the search.”

To serve a search warrant on a practicing attorney, federal prosecutors are required to obtain approval from top Justice Department officials. That means the acting U.S. attorney in Manhattan, Geoffrey S. Berman, who was appointed to his role by Sessions in January, as well as Justice Department officials in Washington, probably signed off. [source]​

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing." - Sarah Sanders, Trump's Press Secretary

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
If Trump is in someway compromised you need to know that. Same thing goes for Kushner or anyone else working in the White House
People running and nominated for POTUS undergo the most intense scrutiny of anyone else in the world! Werent there any credible 'conflicts of interest' discovered beforehand? Surely, his assets in Russia should have raised flags! (If anyone owns substantial property in any foreign country and refuse to liquidate it, they should be disqualified from running; the property could be seized by that country, trying to force the president to favor them.)

For now, deal with the USA's problems at hand, not his.

There are procedures in place to handle outright treason immediately, not by using the taxpayer's money to dig up what could be possible wrongdoing!

Time for that, after his one-term presidency.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
People running and nominated for POTUS undergo the most intense scrutiny of anyone else in the world! Werent there any credible 'conflicts of interest' discovered beforehand? Surely, his assets in Russia should have raised flags! (If anyone owns substantial property in any foreign country and refuse to liquidate it, they should be disqualified from running; the property could be seized by that country, trying to force the president to favor them.)

For now, deal with the USA's problems at hand, not his.

There are procedures in place to handle outright treason immediately, not by using the taxpayer's money to dig up what could be possible wrongdoing!

Time for that, after his one-term presidency.
Watergate.