• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face of Jesus

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Apparently you are only attacking 'mainstream' Christians on this one.

You keep forgetting that some LDS people believe in the wife of God.;)

Yes, its the traditional point of view of the bible, its hard to keep up on new religions with a different prespective... Its amazing how many more religions are based on the same book. On top of that what you read is not what is always practiced. Even worshippers themselves have a different perspective and passages as I have seen from experience. But you have to admit, the bible is very chauvanistic.... Importance to father's and sons primarily.

Is your founder still alive. I would want to challenge him on his communication with his god?

ProfLogic

Becky....

Did I miss your response on if you made an idol and called it the self proclaimed god of the bible as a token of your admiration for it, does this break the false god commandment? Whats the LDS perspective on this?

logician

The Catholic adoration of Mary does seem a bit over-the-top. How many times have we heard somewhere where somebody has had a vision of the "holy" mother of the supposed god.

ProfLogic

JamesThePersian said:
The compilation of the canon did not come from a group of monks at all.

And as for King James (and his version has no weight whatsoever with me), he didn't translate anything - not one word.
James

So in other words the group of people that developed the compiled bible are still practicing the pleasures of the flesh as yopu explained.....

King James supervised the translation so in other words you are saying he never looked at the translation and gave his influence to possibly change a single word. Were you there that you know all of this things? As I said your arrogance is your downfall. I believe you like attacking people if they believe differently than you... The main point was some Catholics practice praying to statues, taught or not taught by their church. They see the statue as a symbol of their saints and their god and when a Catholic says they did feel that you attacked the one who has taught them. On top of that you attack my opinion, are you a typical believer or just a person who is into himself and no other opinion is welcomed?

ProfLogic

wanderer085 said:
The Catholic adoration of Mary does seem a bit over-the-top. How many times have we heard somewhere where somebody has had a vision of the "holy" mother of the supposed god.

This is a point and why so many figures of saints and mary all over the church and their houses, if creating an idol is wrong? Why create images of the cross with a man who probably did not even have any features of the claimed son of god? As religions have shown..... It is written but others practice differently, because they are humans and they had decided to be that way.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Is your founder still alive. I would want to challenge him on his communication with his god?

Do you research --- Joseph Smith was murdered by a mob that included over 200 men in 1844.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Becky....

Did I miss your response on if you made an idol and called it the self proclaimed god of the bible as a token of your admiration for it, does this break the false god commandment? Whats the LDS perspective on this?

I wouldn't make an idol - idols and statues are two different things.

Adoration and worship are two different things

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:

So are you saying creating a statue then parying to it is acceptable as long as you refer to it as the bible god?

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Do you research --- Joseph Smith was murdered by a mob that included over 200 men in 1844.

Is there any one else (that is alive of course) that claims that the were in communication with your god in your LDS community?

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
So are you saying creating a statue then parying to it is acceptable as long as you refer to it as the bible god?

No...are you trying to manipulate my words?

Not at all.....the Catholics do not pray to the statue - they pray to God. The statues are their for rememberance, reminder and adoration.

It's very differnent. How about, instead of assuming what you think you know, you actually research the facts and doctrine.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Is there any one else (that is alive of course) that claims that the were in communication with your god in your LDS community?

Apparently you aren't very well read.

Our 'community' is 12 million strong -our current Prophet and President is President Gordon B. Hinckley.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Apparently you aren't very well read.

Our 'community' is 12 million strong -our current Prophet and President is President Gordon B. Hinckley.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Does Mr Hinkley claim that he is still in contact with the self procalimed god.. and how might I get a hold of this person, do you interact with him?

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
No...are you trying to manipulate my words?

Not at all.....the Catholics do not pray to the statue - they pray to God. The statues are their for rememberance, reminder and adoration.

It's very differnent. How about, instead of assuming what you think you know, you actually research the facts and doctrine.

Lets see..... the churches are full of statues.. you can pray to their self proclaimed god by just looking up since people always claimed god is in heaven and people associate heaven as up..

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:

So are you saying its breaking a commandment, if I worship an idol but say its the self proclaimed god of the bible?