• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes, false Christians love their claims, I claim nothing, I speak The Truth and The Truth is never claimed - The Truth IS.
More pretentious, hyperbolic malarkey.
smiley_facepalm.gif

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
And what makes you think that everything had a beginning?
Oh so now you have something eternal! It sounds more and more like God I think.. haha
Nope. It is inductive reasoning based on empirical evidence. Might be wrong, but it is more rational than postulating beings we have never seen nor heard.
Yep. It is circular. Natural from natural. It is not more rational to think that complexity comes about through luck. That is not intelligent thinking, or even realistic.
Why do stop there? Where would that atom come from?
Your answer does not fit that train of thought, however, atoms come from the BB and from the multiverse and then higher consciousness and then ultimately, the One, the Origin of all things.
Whose intelligence? :)

And is it "luck and magic" or "luck or magic". If you have magic you do not necessarily require luck. And the other way round.

Ciao

- viole
The intelligence of God. That is the consciousness that makes up all things. If there is no intelligence it is luck magic chance etc. All those things are used, all from chaos somehow forming itself into non-randomness through processes that come about through pure luck. That is not realistic. It is blind reasoning to think that it will.

Robert.Evans

What makes you hink that there is a first natural thing?

And even if there were, what makes you think that it must originate from osmething else?

Ciao

- viole
If you are using the term ''supernatural'' and you don't believe in that, what else is there?

Robert.Evans

They would have come from somewhere if you were able to show any evidence of the existence of soul.It is a good trick to make God and soul metaphysical and then escape the responsibility of providing any evidence. Allah of Mohammad is the only truth.
Sacred Scripture says he is, not me/. So it is not a trick. If you don't belive that, then there is no argument .

Your title says you're an atheist, then You say that Allah is the only God. How so?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
You don't believe in yourself then? :confused: I find that hard to beleive

So you don't believe in evolution then or the big bang. Interesting. So what do you believe in? Nothing it seems, otherwise you would be gullible... haha. Do you believe you have just read this post I wonder??

Oh, now we have a ''except''

And one has to believe one's own mind and believe what we see
No belief involved, "believe what we see" is a singularity stupid construct that unimaginative and defeated religionists invariably retreat into, as I earlier predicted you would. Does that make me a prophet, or just a guy with a good understanding of probability?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
you often seem to change the argument once it gets long enough to do so.
Not really, I answer your question, or demonstrate the foolishness of it and try (in your case vainly) to bring the discussion back to the the OP. If you want a thread on the various clutching at straws that you keep going for, start your own threads and stop inappropriately hijacking other peoples just because they are not going the way you'd like them to.

Robert.Evans

No belief involved, "believe what we see" is a singularity stupid construct that unimaginative and defeated religionists invariably retreat into, as I earlier predicted you would. Does that make me a prophet, or just a guy with a good understanding of probability?
You still have to beleive a bus will turn up. You do not know it will till it does. That is fact. That is how things work. And even knowledge that we have, we have to believe is true. Even what science tells us we have to believe is right. We cannot check every detail any more than they can. Belief is necessary and you hold it. You must believe you speak to people on this forum and that it is not a staged computer game just for your benefit... or then again, perhaps you don't. Good luck with your buses, ''knowing'' they will turn up.

Robert.Evans

Not really, I answer your question, or demonstrate the foolishness of it and try (in your case vainly) to bring the discussion back to the the OP. If you want a thread on the various clutching at straws that you keep going for, start your own threads and stop inappropriately hijacking other peoples just because they are not going the way you'd like them to.
Haha...personal insults suggest that you have no answer. So you have turned it again to try and show me up by saying I am highjacking a post. I answer what is on the screen. Don't want the answer, don't put the statement or question.

That by the way was the reason you mention the OP earlier, so you did not have to answer

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
It is irrational to think that anything but HIV causes AIDS ... unless you have new data that the NIH is unaware of.

This statement makes anything else you say relating to science spurious and suspicious. You need to keep up with scientific research. How do you account for the thousands of individuals who have been diagnosed as having AIDS yet they don't have HIV. In the science world it is common knowledge. Why don't you know that?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So what did then?
Which part of "I do not know" is hard to grasp?
I am confident that the Truth about where it all came from is beyond our current ability to understand. Using words like natural and supernatural as though they encompassed every possibility doesn't mean that they do.
Much of the history of human thought and advancement is finding out true things that couldn't have been imagined until somebody actually found out.

Tom

nazz

Doubting Thomas
This statement makes anything else you say relating to science spurious and suspicious. You need to keep up with scientific research. How do you account for the thousands of individuals who have been diagnosed as having AIDS yet they don't have HIV. In the science world it is common knowledge. Why don't you know that?
Common knowledge to whom? Readers of the National Enquirer?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
You still have to beleive a bus will turn up. You do not know it will till it does. That is fact. That is how things work. And even knowledge that we have, we have to believe is true. Even what science tells us we have to believe is right. We cannot check every detail any more than they can. Belief is necessary and you hold it. You must believe you speak to people on this forum and that it is not a staged computer game just for your benefit... or then again, perhaps you don't. Good luck with your buses, ''knowing'' they will turn up.
That paragraph is a genuine non sequitur, I don't know if I've been agreed with in a backhanded fashion or insulted. In any case, if you require belief to make it through the day that's your limitation, don't try to put it on those of us who don't. When you grow up you will hopefully come to see that the universe is probabilistic and really does not care what your child-like beliefs are. Then you will be ready to take real responsibility for your own actions, but you will lose the ability to place the blame on others, real and supernatural.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Haha...personal insults suggest that you have no answer. So you have turned it again to try and show me up by saying I am highjacking a post. I answer what is on the screen. Don't want the answer, don't put the statement or question.

That by the way was the reason you mention the OP earlier, so you did not have to answer
Well ... could it be that you are hijacking the post? Naw ... that's too rational. You will note that I have been bringing it back to that for some time. Why? Because your side lost this one badly and I enjoy watching you try to squirm out of the the fact that you have failed miserably to make a case for the claim that "Faith in Christ is Completely Logical."

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
That's pretty pointless since you can't prove there is such a plan in the first place, you just make the claim and expect others to take it seriously. Why would we bother trying to disprove something you have yet to make any rational attempt to prove in the first place?

As I said in my initial post, I have spent many years trying to disprove so your statement here is a falsehood. It makes no difference whether the plan is proved or not the idea of the thread is to find discrepancies in a plan. That you cannot makes that plan plausible and rational. Thank you

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I know that there are a few cases (nowhere near "thousands") in which an AIDS like condition has been detected and the conventional tests for the HIV have been negative. These are interesting cases and indicate that there is more work to be done, but this hardly falsifies the hypothesis that AIDS is caused by HIV, it just indicates that there may, in rare cases, be other possible causes. I don't know what Science World you live in, but here are the findings from the real one: The Evidence That HIV Causes AIDS

Last edited: