• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Intelligent design is not a theory - I told you that a few posts ago. there is no theory of intelligent design, not even a testable hypothesis. There is no theory for me to refute.

Why would I need to refute a theory that does not actually exist - other than as an unsubstantiated claim?
That depneds on how you define theory... now you know that, come on!

Robert.Evans

Intellignet design/creation is not a theory in the scientific use of the word.
This is where it seems that dishonesty is being used.

Now with the number of times the difference between scientific theory and layman theory has been explained, at what point does repeating the same false information becomes flat out lying?
There is nothing wrong with asking what there answer is if they think it is not another.

Robert.Evans

Intelligent Design is not a scientific theory.
It does not even cut it as a hypothesis.
You have not observed creation, at all, ever.
Alternative?
You mean like Abiogenesis?
You are also fine with a giant gap.
In fact, you love giant gaps simply because it gives you a place to stuff your god.
Until such time as you present something to refute...
I understand you think your ID "theory" is something grand, but it is nothing but you saying "goddidit".
And if goddidnotdoit, then naturaldidit. Or is it with you, I don't know, but you speak as one who knows..hmmm

Robert.Evans

Are you going to present something or not?

let me help you out.
You should start out with a claim.
Then after the claim you should present support for the claim.

Now please understand that bold empty claims, claims of belief, and wishful thinking are not considered support for a claim.

Care to give it a try?
Now you know the argument better than that, as I have given it you. So why ignore the answer. Just because you don't see the argument, others do.