• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Again, not my field. My understanding is that, just as mathematics has if's own rules about "proof," physics has some special rules about elevating things from hypothesis to theory based on computer simulation.
Theology is not your field, yet through ignorance you keep speaking... what's up? You bored.

Robert.Evans

The paper is not blank, it says that the burden of proof is on you and your entire hypothesis is, "if not God, then what?" That is a logical fallacy known as an argument from ignorance, as we've been trying to explain to you, it does not carry any weight, it does not need to be refuted, an alternative does not need to be offered. All that is required to have you carried off the field on your shield, is for your opponent to correctly identify the fact that all you are offering up is an argument from ignorance and for you to have nothing else to offer.

Them's the rules, I did not make them.

Presenting a better alternative is but one way of showing that something else is wrong, you can show that something is wrong without being required to present an alternative that is right.
We are not speaking of any everyday argument here. We are speaking of the origin of everything, you me, the universe etc. It is not outside the bounds of decency I think, to ask, If you do not think it is God, then what is the answer. To come up with no answer, merely shows you don't know. So why argue are point of view? I think it is spiritual and you have little choice, you are pruned out... Dead branches left on the floor to trip up others walking by

Robert.Evans

Could it be the illogic, stubbornness and aggression that we oft find in responses? This it the first time that I have seen any of the theists in this thread even consider that they might be in error about anything, including the everyday language of the world I spent my entire career in,
And when will we see you say you are in error? When Hell freezes over perhaps

Robert.Evans

Except that the bible instructs you very clearly that you MUST speak to others about your faith with kindness, patience and compassion. And FYI, you are usually the first aggressor.
Where? And it where does it say that of non-believers, that shouldn't even be in the land?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Could it be the illogic, stubbornness and aggression that we oft find in responses? This it the first time that I have seen any of the theists in this thread even consider that they might be in error about anything, including the everyday language of the world I spent my entire career in,

Have you considered that your own approach might influence the the responses you're getting?
@Sapiens I spoke to soon, and I humbly apologize.

I hope you and I can have a respectful debate soon. Probably not in this thread.

Robert.Evans

To you they are evidence. But your Bible tells you to go - shaking the dust from your foot, if they do not accept you, or your "evidence."

But we don't ask them in here, do we? I could quite happily shake the dust from me.... but that would be them wouldn't it... haha

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The response, though to you, was to atheists. It is a religious forum, not an atheist one... therefore it is our house.
No, it's not. Atheists are completely welcome here. They always have been. People who say things like that, otoh, don't last.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Robert has great ideas. That's superior to 'I don't know but I know you're wrong', any day.
I have yet to see any.

And even if every post was well written and insightful (where are those again?), he still wouldn't have the right to declare that atheists don't belong here. The founder of the forum is an atheist, for God's sake. If it's anyone's 'house,' it's his. Who do you people think you are to tell him and his guests to leave?

As for "I don't know, but you're wrong," I'm pretty sure I haven't said any such thing.

But I'd prefer someone capable of admitting ignorance and spotting total bs to those who spout the bs. Any day.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But I'd prefer someone capable of admitting ignorance and spotting total bs to those who spout the bs. Any day.
There are different 'levels' of "ignorance" here. What you can't do is assume total ignorance on others. If you understood why I ask some posters specific questions, you would already know that. I'm trying to figure out if the person claiming I'm 'wrong', has a basis to do so. So far, nada.