• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

priya

Naruto is my Favorite anime show.I like this show.It is an interesting show.I always watch this show.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I like Black Butler, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate (It does go along with the Manga for those who haven't seen it, but only the first four episodes are translated), Strait Jacket, Dragonball/DBZ, and recently I have started watching Trinity Blood and like it so far. I really wanted to like Star Ocean EX, but it got so far off from the game that I was disappointed, especially how it ends at the end of the first disc in a way that leaves it open for a second season.
Really though I'm not picky though. I'd prefer the sci-fi and horror themed anime, but I'll give just about any of them a chance.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not like most anime I've seen. I think manga is often better, and anime is often a kiddy-version. There are, however, some animes that I like a whole lot, and they are some of my favorite movies and shows. So for me it's often either a complete hit or a complete miss.

-Cowboy Bebop (show + movie)
-Samurai Champloo
-FLCL
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Miyazaki movies (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Valley of the Wind)
-Trigun
-Naruto and Bleach (the animes are ok, but I vastly prefer the manga instead so I don't watch the anime)

BlackBear94

Hermit
My favorite anime was Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Just a really really enticing plot with awesome character development and just a hint of subtle horror.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Ok, here we go: Vampire Hunter D, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood, Bleach, Naruto/Shippuden, Dragon Ball/Z (up to the Cell Saga), Inuyasha/Final Act. You can probably tell from my list what my favorite kinds of anime are. I haven't got to watch anime so much, so there's alot out there I still haven't seen, but I've been wanting to, for starters, anime's like: YuYu Hakusho, Shingu, Slayers, Blade of the Immortal, Darker than Black, Soul Eater, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Toaru Majutsu no Index and its spin-offs and sequels, FMA Brotherhood, Fractale, everything by Chiaki Konaka, and Lucky Star (guilty pleasure).

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
ga rei zero, Deadman wonderland, Canaan, darker than black and more

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I absolutely loved Spirited Away, and I recently just watched Howl's Moving Castle which was simply fascinating. But I haven't watched all that much anime. Anybody got any recommendations along those lines?

9Westy9

Premium Member
I absolutely loved Spirited Away, and I recently just watched Howl's Moving Castle which was simply fascinating. But I haven't watched all that much anime. Anybody got any recommendations along those lines?

anything by studio ghibli. Ponyo was quite good

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I haven't watched very much anime. When I do watch anime, I tend to really love it, or in some cases, really think it's terrible. There's little in-between for me. Due to the anime shows or movies I love, anime has been some of my favorite media, despite watching very little of it.

That being said, these are the ones I like:

Hayao Miyazaki Movies:
-Spirited Away
-Howl's Moving Castle
-The Castle in the Sky
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-Princess Mononoke (my favorite of the bunch)

Other Anime Movies I like:
-Cowboy Bebop, the movie (absolutely love it)
-Summer Wars (kind of silly but I liked it)

Favorite Anime Series:
-Cowboy Bebop (my favorite series)
-Samurai Champloo (same director as Bebop, also good)
-Trigun
-Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Bleach (I stopped watching the anime in favor of the manga. I love the manga, but not so much the anime.)
-Naruto (I read the manga instead, but I think the anime is good too)
-FLCL (only a six episode series, crazy plot, good music, totally random)

Ones I didn't like so much at all:
-Evangelion
-Elfen Lied
-Full Metal Panic

9Westy9

Premium Member
Watching it too. Nearing end.
I like it.

Am looking for some others to watch; SIL always wants to watch anime when she's round. Which is a lot. :D

I see :D. Have you seen accel world? It's on my list of anime to watch