• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I've been watching toradora. Surprisingly good, I can't stop watching (It's Mirai Nikki all over again xD)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Love pretty much everything by Ghibli. Loved Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke especially. Nausicaa too was quite good, since I'm such a hippie! Origins Spirits of the Past was lovely too.

Series I've watched and liked/loved: Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Chobits, Claymore (why no more? T.T), Fairy Tail, Tsubasa, Noein, Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad...

I'm probably forgetting loads but does Avatar the Last Airbender count as anime? I loved it!

Btw, we have pretty much all of those above in our DVD/video games library. :3

9Westy9

Premium Member
Love pretty much everything by Ghibli. Loved Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke especially. Nausicaa too was quite good, since I'm such a hippie! Origins Spirits of the Past was lovely too.

Series I've watched and liked/loved: Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Chobits, Claymore (why no more? T.T), Fairy Tail, Tsubasa, Noein, Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad...

I'm probably forgetting loads but does Avatar the Last Airbender count as anime? I loved it!

Btw, we have pretty much all of those above in our DVD/video games library. :3

I got bored of the long shonen shows like naruto after a while. Clannad is good though (I'm about halfway through)

I think Avatar counts as an anime. If you liked that then you might like The legend of Korra

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I've been watching toradora. Surprisingly good, I can't stop watching (It's Mirai Nikki all over again xD)
I loved Toradora. :yes:

Clannad is good though (I'm about halfway through)
You will shed a manly tear. You must, or I'll look like a sissy. :p

[...]

[...]
Good choices; I like the majority of those, except I too get bored of long shonen.

Another one I'm watching is Monster. Good, if a bit dark, although it's very slow so I only watch one or two at a time.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'll only watch long shonens if the story and characters are gripping. I liked Naruto but Shippuuden is better. I feel like it should end soon, it's been going on for so long now.

For example, I don't like Bleach, find the characters annoying and now they're milking it when it was supposed to end. I stopped watching a long time ago but my husband continued and eventually it ended but then they decided to keep going. *Facepalm*

Things are much sweeter if they end and keep you wishing for more rather than to make you think "finally it's done".

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm irrationally a HUGE fan of Sailor Moon.

Otherwise I love all of the Miyazaki films I've seen, Death Note is freaking AMAZING, and I particularly love Rurouni Kenshin.

9Westy9

Premium Member
I particularly love Rurouni Kenshin.

The anime irritated me. I think it was the voice acting that prevented me from watching past the first episode. The manga is good though and I assume the anime follows the story more or less exactly.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Maybe I should start watching death note then :p

I hope you are doing so right now :p

Now? How about now?

You watching it yet?

And watch Fairy tail dammit! It´s good! the fact that there is a lot of it merely means more hours of fun :D

9Westy9

Premium Member
I hope you are doing so right now :p

Now? How about now?

You watching it yet?

And watch Fairy tail dammit! It´s good! the fact that there is a lot of it merely means more hours of fun :D

I'll add them to my list. Don't expect me to start watching fairy tail for a while though. I have 61 other anime to watch first :p

Riverwolf

Premium Member
The anime irritated me. I think it was the voice acting that prevented me from watching past the first episode. The manga is good though and I assume the anime follows the story more or less exactly.

Did you watch the dub?

no-body

Anything by Satoshi Kon is very good and very deep. The premise to Paranoia agent is incredibly ridiculous but somehow it works, you just have to pay attention.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
yeah. I can't remember if I tried the sub too

That explains it. While among the earliest animes to be accurately dubbed, the acting still left a lot to be desired, save for a few moments later on.

The original actors did a MUCH better job... though Kenshin has a very squeaky voice. (though I think that was deliberate, considering who he is.)