• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Among my all time faves are Karin, Ayasuri Sakon, FLCL, Bleach, Cowboy BeBob, and Trigun.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Did anyone watch Fooly Cooly much? I thought it was weird.

It is at first and maybe the second go around as well, yet its a nice kind of weird. You have to watch it about a Gazillion times before you actually get the gist of it. :D

Ilisrum

Berserk. The manga is a hundred times better than the anime though. The anime series leaves out too many key elements and characters that are central to the manga storyline.

Hellsing Ultimate is cool too.

xkatz

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, and DBZ. Those are pretty much the only ones I have watched religiously.

Last edited:

TJ73

Just like Iron chef, I used to watch what we called Japan-imation years ago. I would try to find someone to identify and no one was on board. I can't even remember the names of the shows. but now I wat5ch whatever is on adult swim and I like Ghost in the Shell particularly.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
I wanna talk about it. I've watched many anime way back, like Gakou no Kaidan, Fushigi Yuugi, Yu Gi Oh, Chrono Crusade, Tokyo Majin, Dragon ball Z to GT and so on.... Good memories!:D

Dragonball Z fan here. Loved it when i was in school..still do really! Watching the new Dragonball Kai atm. Only subtitled available so far.

Flankerl

Cool people like Astro Fighter Sunred :D
[youtube]N7bnr2_njfQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Astro Fighter Sunred 2 Opening [English Subs]

Or Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt :D
[youtube]EZRo8Z1Ser8[/youtube]
YouTube - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Opening HD

PlaneteS was also a really good anime
[youtube]CZ-OyT4ivkM[/youtube]
YouTube - Planetes OP

Oh and of course one of the best anime ever. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
[youtube]MAyAaJo8MYw[/youtube]
YouTube - FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood- Op. 1

And even though i wont sleep good when i even just think about it.... Paranoia Agent is also a good anime. But creepy like nothing else. I get goosebumps by just watching the intro again. Oh damn there is the ending as a suggestion on youtube... i wont watch it... which doesnt help since i already know whats in the video. :/ Oh damn...
[youtube]-anabfAg06U[/youtube]
YouTube - Paranoia Agent Opening

Oh oh oh and of course another one of the best anime and manga ever.
Hajime no Ippo, Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road, Hajime no Ippo: Kimura Vs. Mashiba and Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Even if you dont like boxing in any way you will just love it. It may look old but thats because the manga started in 1990 and is still ongoing. That alone is just awesome.
Dailymotion - Hajime No Ippo Opening 1 - une vidéo Sports & Extreme

Hioni

I have a Pen
Chrono Crusade, Hellsing, Hellsing OVA, Chobits, Bleach, Blood+, Pumkin Scissors and many others are what I'm currently stalking... I grew up on Yu-Yu-Hakusho, R. Kenshin, the Origional Yu-gi-oh and Zoids, DBZ Orrigional Pokemon and of course... Sailor moon...
oh, and the Tekken movie...haha
I tend to like the creepy anime or anime that end up having sadish happy endings... but I also like the occasional magical school girl or interesting highschool thing like Negima or Maburaho...
I'll watch just about anything... and I cosplay it too... Not very well I might add, but it's still fun.
Currently I cosplay Yachiru from Bleach and Kaito from Vocaloids...
The pink hair of Yachiru and I do Not get along... So I'm going to be doing Nanao Ise instead of walking around with pink hair and blind.
I adore Kuro****suji by the way... I nearly deafened our towns Anime club when I found out it was coming out in english... Black Butler~ ^__^

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I wanna talk about it. I've watched many anime way back, like Gakou no Kaidan, Fushigi Yuugi, Yu Gi Oh, Chrono Crusade, Tokyo Majin, Dragon ball Z to GT and so on.... Good memories!:D

Movies or shows?

As far as movies are concerned, an under-appreciated classic is Grave of the Fireflies.

As far as television: Ghost in the Shell, Big O, Wolf's Rain, Peach Girl (one of the few drama HS animes I like), Outlaw Star, Blue Gender, FLCL, Trigun, Gundam, and of course Dragonball (original series up to Cell saga. After that is crap).

One of the best and most unique animes, in my opinion, is Mushi-shi. Do check it out. It's... beautiful.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
(...)

And even though i wont sleep good when i even just think about it.... Paranoia Agent is also a good anime. But creepy like nothing else. I get goosebumps by just watching the intro again. Oh damn there is the ending as a suggestion on youtube... i wont watch it... which doesnt help since i already know whats in the video. :/ Oh damn...
[youtube]-anabfAg06U[/youtube]
YouTube - Paranoia Agent Opening

Thanks for making me aware of Paranoia Agent!

I have just finished it. But I don't see what would be creepy about it. Diferent strokes and all that.

I particularly like the apparent underlying philosophy of it. I will probably check Paprika or Perfect Blue sometime soon now.

It makes a good contrast to the "Saw" movies, in that it succeeds in talking about what people really need and want - something that those movies are often unfairly accused of trying to do. ;)