• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCC wins........

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nah. An alternative will be forced to enter the arena. Elon Musk has already been developing a satellite constellation to provide internet at an alternative. Current launch date is estimated to be around 2019-2020.

Another way might be for the government to bring back the Office of Price Administration.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Corporations ARE the government.

The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The lobbyists own the politicians. And the CEOs own the lobbyists. The elimination of net neutrality in putting laws in place that favor the corporations is just another example of the corporations ARE the government. Money talks, everything else is just BS.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini
That's one way to see it.
And sometimes corporations are involved in governmental corruption.
But the solution here is to vote crony capitalists out of office, eg, Hillary,
and prosecute where corruption is found.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe the churches could start providing internet. Its an important resource. It would make sense.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It's pretty simple for me really, I don't use the Internet that much so if they want to charge more than I am willing to pay then I will cancel it and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am just knee-jerky because I don't trust corporations motivated by shareholder profit to make any sort of ethical decision.
Exactly, which is why I'm always hesitant to vote for a businessman/woman since they're paradigm is more of "the art of the deal", namely doing whatever to sell the product no matter how effect or defective it might be. Take a look at Trump's "ethics" as a case in point.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why would anyone who's truly concerned about "crony capitalism" vote for Trump?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's pretty simple for me really, I don't use the Internet that much so if they want to charge more than I am willing to pay then I will cancel it and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this.
Contrary to what many believe, net neutrality doesn't regulate
prices to the consumer. (Aye, I've had such conversations.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Exactly, which is why I'm always hesitant to vote for a businessman/woman since they're paradigm is more of "the art of the deal", namely doing whatever to sell the product no matter how effect or defective it might be. Take a look at Trump's "ethics" as a case in point.

Like lawyers have better "ethics". Lol

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like lawyers have better "ethics". Lol
Ever see the UofM Law School ethics exam?

One question......
Hypothetically, you're sitting at your desk, meeting with a new client.
The client hands you a crisp new $100 bill for an hour of your time.
(The question hasn't been adjusted for inflation.)
You discuss the issues, the hour has ended, & business is concluded.
The client is about to close your office door behind him, when you notice
that he accidentally had a 2nd $100 bill stuck underneath the intended
payment. You must address this error.
Question...
Do you inform your partner about the extra $100?

Old Revoltistanian maxim.....
Tis cheaper to be cheated by a business, than get good service from a lawyer.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Contrary to what many believe, net neutrality doesn't regulate
prices to the consumer. (Aye, I've had such conversations.)
With net neutrality the internet providers can set the prices based on the amount and speed of information, but not base on the content of the information. So yes, in that sense it does regulate the price. It regulates what the price can be based on.