• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear is your enemy

Does fear show a lack of faith?
We know there are things we have no control over. Are you afraid what will happen to you? When the worst does happen do you blame God? As long as you draw breath you can make a difference. If you chose to give your live for a cause it shows how little you think your live is worth. You can do nothing once you have passed this life.
If someone thinks they can help God by blowing up random targets they are mistaken. God does not need your help. If you are that far past the point of hope you should seriously explore your options

Popeyesays

"
"I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain."Bene Gesserit Fear Littany (Frank Herbert, Dune)

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
That wich is not love does not need to equal fear.
And fear comes out of love.

I disagree with you :p
A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing
and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

Then I say to you both, that you have not experienced a true love.
Fear holds close. Love holds dear

Fear is concerned with that which you have. Love knows there is nothing to lose.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I don't believe that God gave us the spirit of fear. When we fear something, it shows that we lack faith in the power of God and we aren't trusting his providence in our lives. God cautions against both fear and worrying in the Bible and reminds us that it pretty much is useless and having fear in our lives won't change anything. Easier said than done but when I make a conscious effort in doing this, things seem less complicated and I'm more at ease and accepting.

Popeyesays

I don't believe that God gave us the spirit of fear. When we fear something, it shows that we lack faith in the power of God and we aren't trusting his providence in our lives. God cautions against both fear and worrying in the Bible and reminds us that it pretty much is useless and having fear in our lives won't change anything. Easier said than done but when make a conscious effort in doing this, things seem less complicated and I'm more at ease and accepting.

Part of it is, of course, that the King James Bible likes to use "fear" in stand of "stand in aw". One can stand in awe of God without being afraid.

Regards,
Scott

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Part of it is, of course, that the King James Bible likes to use "fear" in stand of "stand in aw". One can stand in awe of God without being afraid.

I could go along with that. The spirit of fear that I'm talking about is on par with timidity and cowardice. As in:

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"

Francine

I'm not saying you just said something stupid, but for example, sometimes people say things that are so stupid my mouth turns into a big "O" as I stand in awe, and whatever is in my hand falls to the floor.

I disagree. If we fear something it is because we are afraid that it will do so and so(dpends what your scared of) to us. We live our whole life wondering and not making that leap, a lot do, but a lot don't either ;)

Somkid

Well, there is a such thing as healthy fear which is instinctive in humans it has kept us alive long enough to propagate our species however; since science and medicine have slowed down natural selection and there are Homo neanderthalensis (Neanderthals) among us we need to be fearful because most of them have drivers licenses.

Carol wis

I don't believe that God gave us the spirit of fear. When we fear something, it shows that we lack faith in the power of God and we aren't trusting his providence in our lives. God cautions against both fear and worrying in the Bible and reminds us that it pretty much is useless and having fear in our lives won't change anything. Easier said than done but when I make a conscious effort in doing this, things seem less complicated and I'm more at ease and accepting.

So true, did you know that the statement Be Not Afraid, is in the Bible 365 times. God must know how we think if He needs to remind us of this so many times. Hmm!.... this amount comes out to be every day in a year. Good or bad. I'm with you, Trust in God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So true, did you know that the statement Be Not Afraid, is in the Bible 365 times. God must know how we think if He needs to remind us of this so many times. Hmm!.... this amount comes out to be every day in a year. Good or bad. I'm with you, Trust in God.
Which version?
It is only in the King James Version 26 times
Modern King James only 3 times
Young's Literal Translation only 34 times
American Standard Version only 22 times
The 1965 Bible in Basic English Version 0 times
The Contemporary English Bible 0 times
The 1833 Webster Bible Bible only 26 times
Gods Word Bible 0 times
The 1889 Darby Bible only 25 times
The 1899 Douay-Reims Bible only 16 times
English Standard Version only 3 times
Good News Bible 0 times

kai

ragamuffin
The Bene Gesserit Littainy against Fear.
Pg 19 of Dune I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

PureX

Veteran Member
Does fear show a lack of faith?
We know there are things we have no control over. Are you afraid what will happen to you? When the worst does happen do you blame God? As long as you draw breath you can make a difference. If you chose to give your live for a cause it shows how little you think your live is worth. You can do nothing once you have passed this life.
If someone thinks they can help God by blowing up random targets they are mistaken. God does not need your help. If you are that far past the point of hope you should seriously explore your options
So what exactly are you trying to say? What are you suggesting that we do?