• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling Squashed

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I wake up about every half hour to piddle but I am normally able to go back to sleep until it is time to get up.
I normally only get about 6-7 hours of sleep on work days and 9-10 hours on my days off.
Sara typically gets less sleep than you do on workdays. She always has. Getting up at 4:30 is typical for her. We're like the odd couple that way. I sleep late in the day and wanted to when I went to work. They allowed to arrive at 9:00 a.m. in my last stint, whereas everybody else practically arrived at 8:00. We are also an odd couple just like in the Movie and TV series "The Odd Couple".

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We are also an odd couple just like in the Movie and TV series "The Odd Couple".
You cannot be much odder than me an Lewis. :rolleyes: He stays up all night and sleeps all day. That works for me because he is sleeping much of the time I am awake. It is especially good on my work days which will hopefully continue because it is so quiet when he is asleep, only the Easy Listening music on the TV, and the birds and other animal noises outside.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sara typically gets less sleep than you do on workdays. She always has. Getting up at 4:30 is typical for her. We're like the odd couple that way. I sleep late in the day and wanted to when I went to work. They allowed to arrive at 9:00 a.m. in my last stint, whereas everybody else practically arrived at 8:00. We are also an odd couple just like in the Movie and TV series "The Odd Couple".

My two older sons kind of remind me of Felix and Oscar...

Truthseeker

You cannot be much odder than me an Lewis. :rolleyes: He stays up all night and sleeps all day. That works for me because he is sleeping much of the time I am awake. It is especially good on my work days which will hopefully continue because it is so quiet when he is asleep, only the Easy Listening music on the TV, and the birds and other animal noises outside.
You should have seen my apartment when Sara came visiting me in San Antonio. A complete mess! She said "I want an explanation". Before that when I lived in the Dayton area a person named Sue Tower would helpfully clean up the mess periodically. I also had nothing on the walls of my apartment, it was bare of any decoration or ornaments. I didn't care how my apartment looked at all.

What would I do without Sara?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You should have seen my apartment when Sara came visiting me in San Antonio. A complete mess! She said "I want an explanation". Before that when I lived in the Dayton area a person named Sue Tower would helpfully clean up the mess periodically. I also had nothing on the walls of my apartment, it was bare of any decoration or ornaments. I didn't care how my apartment looked at all.

I used to care more for the looks of my house, now I care mostly for function...

Truthseeker

I used to care more for the looks of my house, now I care mostly for function...
When I worked the desk I worked on was covered with piles of paper. Since I also have attention deficit it was very hard to get things done at work. I would sit there looking at the piles. No wonder I was laid off in January 2001 at the age of 49 and have not worked since. I was on disability until I was 66, then officially became retired.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Funny thing..... You should have seen Lewis' trailer in La Mesa, CA where he lived before I showed up and we got married.:eek:
That was so long ago I forgot what he did about that trailer. We got married in El Cajon 3 weeks after we met in Redding and then he moved up to Redding where I lived in my own apartment.

What would Lewis do without me?

The so-called honeymoon was another story. :rolleyes:
With two cats and his motorcycle in the back of my VW bus, we headed up the coast on US 101 to Oregon and Washington to see my mother and brother. There is a lot more to the story, but it is way past my bedtime!