• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling Squashed

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm glad I don't care about my teeth specifically. They can have them all if they want them. Life is life.
I really like your attitude. I kind of feel the same way actually, and maybe that is why I had not been to the dentist since 2013! The clinic had shipped my chart to archives it was so long. I had no dental pain all these years, only a buildup of tartar, so I kept procrastinating and weeks became years.

My husband who is 10 years my senior has really bad teeth, and most of them have fallen out. The the dentist told him long ago that his remaining teeth should be pulled out and he should get dentures but he won't do it, not yet.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My kids used to blame the baby, lying in its crib. I felt like yelling, "Just how dumb do you think I am?"

At my old job, one of the nurses used to live with her granddaughter and her children. She was watching her great grandson one day during an election year, at a time when all the political ads were running. She came outside to find her white car had been covered in black sharpie.

She calmly asked the boy, who was about 4, if he knew who did that. He said he did, but he wasn't telling. He didn't want his Grandma to be mad. She told him she was going to be a lot more angry if he didn't tell her. He sighed and said, "alright, but don't be too mad." He paused. "It was Chuck Grassley." Home | U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa

She said it took everything in her not to laugh. She let him know he lost her vote.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I had a mild heart issue for awhile. They wanted to do surgery on it, but I objected. I said "this condition isn't harmful, right? Just annoying." Correct, they said. "No way, then! I don't have people to care for my kids for weeks while I heal up from something unnecessary." But! But! This could get worse! You'll have to take medication for the rest of your life!

I weaned myself off the meds because I wanted to get pregnant. I did that, though the doctor told me the problem would likely get worse. Instead, it went away completely, and I now don't have the problem at all.

They always look for the most invasive thing first...
You are right, they always want to do the most invasive thing first.

I am sure glad I decided to look at this thread. :) So far I have got good advice from two people, and here I thought I would be shamed and blamed for divulging my somewhat complacent attitude about my teeth!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I really like your attitude. I kind of feel the same way actually, and maybe that is why I had not been to the dentist since 2013! The clinic had shipped my chart to archives it was so long. I had no dental pain all these years, only a buildup of tartar, so I kept procrastinating and weeks became years.

My husband who is 10 years my senior has really bad teeth, and most of them have fallen out. The the dentist told him long ago that his remaining teeth should be pulled out and he should get dentures but he won't do it, not yet.

Pain does matter to me. If there is a way to avoid that, I will. That's why I got teeth pulled. Boss's tooth extraction has eliminated that for her. Temporary pain, long term gain.

Jeremiah Ames

I woke up feeling decent today. I got to sleep until I was ready to wake up, and I didn't have anything to immediately attend to, so that was relieving.

Put on a dress I hadn't worn in awhile. Wow! This doesn't look so bad on me. Felt good about that. Got the kids ready to go, and they gave me little argument. How often does that happen? I got my favorite pop, and we went out to do some errands, and I found I was feeling something I very rarely feel: enthusiasm.

Tried to start conversation in the van. Husband had a toothache, and he gave about as much commentary as this guy:

View attachment 54748

Hm. Well, we get to the store, and its a little bit of a downer... so many people, off in their own spheres..
View attachment 54749
I'm enthusiastic about the crafting items I'm getting so I can make some decorations for Navratri. Husband is agitated by the price. Its fine. But, another damper.

I try turning on some music in the van; Blink 182, because that's upbeat. But I find it does the opposite affect I was hoping for; it reminds me of being young and having people around to share stuff with. By this time, I find my enthusiasm is thoroughly squashed, and I'm just nostalgic, missing times when one could grab a guitar and some friends and play music in the park, or jump in a creek, or just lay around the house staring at the ceiling cracking stupid jokes. But everything is so quiet now...and everyone is so to themselves.

I get home, and decide the dress doesn't look so good on me anyways. The stuff I picked up for lunch that I was was so looking forward to seem bland, and I'm finding for once in my life, I'm not hungry. I poke at my husband a bit in hopes of conversation, but his mouth is still bothering him, and he excuses himself to go work on the rust spots on his car. Ares goes outside to play, and Yudhi sits there watching. I'm left with the noise of the aquariums and the occasional cat squabble.

Being an extrovert in an introvert's world really sucks.

I have to agree it’s an introvert’s world, but many of us introverts try to be more social, when we can.
I have a granddaughter who is a hyper extrovert in a relatively introverted family, and this past year and a half has been really tough on her, but she still keeps plugging along finding people and activities to fill her needs. I can somewhat feel the anguish of hers, by observing her.
Looking nostalgicly at the past has always brought a degree of sadness to me.
Your story made me somewhat sad to hear.
I sure hope you can get some positive uplifting vibes in our life soon, JustGeorge.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I need to pass this along to my husband. :D

Personally, I see no point in putting stuff off. That's also Boss's take, and why she got the tooth pulled. If you have to get something don, just go do it. It's like paying bills, from the other thread. I just pay them. Putting it off until the end of the month won't make it go away. Besides, if it's something you want to do, putting it off may mean you never get it done. You're not saving any money or avoiding unnecessary pain. Just do it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I have to agree it’s an introvert’s world, but many of us introverts try to be more social, when we can.
I have a granddaughter who is a hyper extrovert in a relatively introverted family, and this past year and a half has been really tough on her, but she still keeps plugging along finding people and activities to fill her needs. I can somewhat feel the anguish of hers, by observing her.
Looking nostalgicly at the past has always brought a degree of sadness to me.
Your story made me somewhat sad to hear.
I sure hope you can get some positive uplifting vibes in our life soon, JustGeorge.

I'm sorry for your granddaughter. Its inspiring that she tries to keep an active social life, despite living amongst those opposite of her. I hope these activities manage to keep her afloat and happy.

I think tomorrow will be better. I think the trouble was, I did it backwards. Today I woke up feeling good. Normally, I am woken up because I have to be up, not because I'm well rested. So, tomorrow I'll get up unwillingly as normal and be grumpy about it for an hour or so. After that, I'll slowly pep up... Funny to think of it like that, but that's probably how it will be.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Personally, I see no point in putting stuff off. That's also Boss's take, and why she got the tooth pulled. If you have to get something don, just go do it. It's like paying bills, from the other thread. I just pay them. Putting it off until the end of the month won't make it go away. Besides, if it's something you want to do, putting it off may mean you never get it done. You're not saving any money or avoiding unnecessary pain. Just do it.
I agree that is true for bills and things we have to do. All my bills come out of my bank account automatically so I never have to write checks or pay online...

However, when it comes to medical and dental, I see no point of doing anything that is not necessary, especially something that cannot be reversed.

Something I want to do, what's that? I rarely do anything I want to do for myself, except go out on a walk.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I woke up feeling decent today. I got to sleep until I was ready to wake up, and I didn't have anything to immediately attend to, so that was relieving.

Put on a dress I hadn't worn in awhile. Wow! This doesn't look so bad on me. Felt good about that. Got the kids ready to go, and they gave me little argument. How often does that happen? I got my favorite pop, and we went out to do some errands, and I found I was feeling something I very rarely feel: enthusiasm.

Tried to start conversation in the van. Husband had a toothache, and he gave about as much commentary as this guy:

View attachment 54748

Hm. Well, we get to the store, and its a little bit of a downer... so many people, off in their own spheres..
View attachment 54749
I'm enthusiastic about the crafting items I'm getting so I can make some decorations for Navratri. Husband is agitated by the price. Its fine. But, another damper.

I try turning on some music in the van; Blink 182, because that's upbeat. But I find it does the opposite affect I was hoping for; it reminds me of being young and having people around to share stuff with. By this time, I find my enthusiasm is thoroughly squashed, and I'm just nostalgic, missing times when one could grab a guitar and some friends and play music in the park, or jump in a creek, or just lay around the house staring at the ceiling cracking stupid jokes. But everything is so quiet now...and everyone is so to themselves.

I get home, and decide the dress doesn't look so good on me anyways. The stuff I picked up for lunch that I was was so looking forward to seem bland, and I'm finding for once in my life, I'm not hungry. I poke at my husband a bit in hopes of conversation, but his mouth is still bothering him, and he excuses himself to go work on the rust spots on his car. Ares goes outside to play, and Yudhi sits there watching. I'm left with the noise of the aquariums and the occasional cat squabble.

Being an extrovert in an introvert's world really sucks.

What about having a get together with some folks? Call people together on a restaurant patio, order some drinks if that’s a thing you do.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What about having a get together with some folks? Call people together on a restaurant patio, order some drinks if that’s a thing you do.

Covid's a wreck here, so we usually just have people over rather than being out(we're in one of the 5 states with mandates against mask mandates). Thing is, there just isn't really anyone to invite. I've put the shout out to the one friend to come over, but she isn't biting(her mental health hasn't been good lately).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sure that is the reason because even when I sleep 10 hours I am still just as cranky for an hour or two after I wake up although I am cranky longer when I don't sleep enough, sometimes all day!

I find due to the fact I wake up frequently and sometimes struggle to go back to sleep, I need to plan for 9-10 hours of sleep.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I find due to the fact I wake up frequently and sometimes struggle to go back to sleep, I need to plan for 9-10 hours of sleep.
I wake up about every half hour to piddle but I am normally able to go back to sleep until it is time to get up.
I normally only get about 6-7 hours of sleep on work days and 9-10 hours on my days off.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I wake up about every half hour to piddle but I am normally able to go back to sleep until it is time to get up.
I normally only get about 6-7 hours of sleep on work days and 9-10 hours on my days off.

You piddle every half hour? No wonder you're tired...

If you were my cat, and you were piddling that much, I'd take you to the vet!