• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Feminine" or Emotional Men

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Being 'emotional' isn't a feminine trait, that has been a cultural narrative however for a long time. Men should be able to express their emotions of sadness, anger, etc...and not be judged as being 'feminine.' The definition of femininity isn't that women are wilting little flowers, either. That too needs to change.
Is not half the problem nowadays that men (and women) are showing their emotion of anger? And feminine has always been seen as more pliable and weaker. I don't see a problem with that myself. A man will be weaker than another man. That is life. If women become like men, then where then are the real women?

Deidre

Is not half the problem nowadays that men (and women) are showing their emotion of anger? And feminine has always been seen as more pliable and weaker. I don't see a problem with that myself. A man will be weaker than another man. That is life. If women become like men, then where then are the real women?

You see being feminine as synonymous with weakness? :oops:

Robert.Evans

You see being feminine as synonymous with weakness? :oops:
Weakness is the wrong word really. But women's bodies are more supple than men's but not as strong and rigid. Women don't tend to slap you on your back when they say hello. You might take weakness and even the word "woman" as an insult now. If so, that is a shame. It would seem to indicate you judge yourself with men, which would be wrong. there is nothing wrong with being a woman, weaker or not.

EDIT:
Not you specific

Last edited:

Deidre

Weakness is the wrong word really. But women's bodies are more supple than men's but not as strong and rigid. Women don't tend to slap you on your back when they say hello. You might take weakness and even the word "woman" as an insult now. If so, that is a shame. It would seem to indicate you judge yourself with men, which would be wrong. there is nothing wrong with being a woman, weaker or not.

why don't you just own what you posted, and not insult me? I didn't say any of this. You are putting words into my mouth. I don't try to judge myself with men. But, I'm not weak. Perhaps, you should stop insulting people.

Robert.Evans

why don't you just own what you posted, and not insult me? I didn't say any of this. You are putting words into my mouth. I don't try to judge myself with men. But, I'm not weak. Perhaps, you should stop insulting people.
When saying "you" I didn't mean YOU specific. It is ambigous.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Same place they always were? If some women act butch, that doesn't mean hyperfeminine ladies somehow poof out of existence.
He seems to believe that if a woman works outside of the home, not home raising children and keeping house, especially if she works in a male dominated field, she has somehow lost her "femininity" and become "men". He's told me I've lost my "femininity" because I was in the military. I don't really know what that means to him, but I'm pretty sure he's wrong. ;)

Robert.Evans

He seems to believe that if a woman works outside of the home, not home raising children and keeping house, especially if she works in a male dominated field, she has somehow lost her "femininity" and become "men". He's told me I've lost my "femininity" because I was in the military. I don't really know what that means to him, but I'm pretty sure he's wrong. ;)
So what did you do, paint flowers on the bombs? :p
Shame that some women can't be happy with who you are. Why do they insist on trying to prove that they can do what a man can do? Why not prove they can do what a woman can do? Which apparenly you don't understand.... 'archery'!

Robert.Evans

He's insulting to all women, personally and in general. He doesn't think highly of women. You get use to it. Never approve of it, but use to it.
No, I have a high opinion of women that are truly women.Not that high opinion of women that want to be men, however.....which is probably what you mean. But yours sells better I guess.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There are in my opinion at least two issues here. First, whether you should as a man be in touch with your own feelings, and second whether you should share those feelings with others.

Robert.Evans

You know, I have read this a few times, and I haven't got a clue what you're talking about and it's annoying the heck out of me. So why don't you start again and tell me what the problem is and then I'll explain how you have misunderstood. It's like you're talking to someone else.

And by the way, I thought you were staff.

Robert.Evans

There are in my opinion at least two issues here. First, whether you should as a man be in touch with your own feelings, and second whether you should share those feelings with others.
It is likely that if you do, men AND women, WILL ridicule you for it at some point, even if behind your back. What man wants another man crying on his shoulder and what women does. She wants a man to listen to her, not her to listen to him.