• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Feminine" or Emotional Men

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It is likely that if you do, men AND women, WILL ridicule you for it at some point, even if behind your back. What man wants another man crying on his shoulder and what women does. She wants a man to listen to her, not her to listen to him.

What are you talking about, Evans? "It is likely that if you do..." Do what? Can you please use the Queen's English.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
What are you talking about, Evans? "It is likely that if you do..." Do what? Can you please use the Queen's English.
What I am taking about Mr Lion, is obvious if you look at what you wrote, least to anyone with half a brain. You just got up :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He seems to believe that if a woman works outside of the home, not home raising children and keeping house, especially if she works in a male dominated field, she has somehow lost her "femininity" and become "men". He's told me I've lost my "femininity" because I was in the military. I don't really know what that means to him, but I'm pretty sure he's wrong. ;)
He might be onto something.
I've yet to see you bat your eyes coquettishly at me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Shouldn't ask such stupid questions then should you if you are so easily distracted and not wanting to discuss. Now be a nice pussycat and go away.

But...but...Wobert! I wub you! I WUB You THIS MUCH:

:hugehug:

Oh, Wobert! You are bean so mean to me! I WUB You Wobert!

Robert.Evans

He might be onto something.
I've yet to see you bat your eyes coquettishly at me.
I think she might if if was with a baseball bat. ;)

I just watched some american TV. Husband leaves home as he alledges she attacked him with baseball bat and meat cleaver. Inside the house there was a drawing done by her of her husband that she throws darts at.
Ah....feminism. Ain't it just swell!
The guy has to leave his own house, can take his tools, but not the tv. They have to go to court to fight over that. Meantime, she throws his stuff out of the house.

I change my stance, feminine women live on....hoorah!

Robert.Evans

You are such a man, Wobert! I wook up to you to know what it beans to be a real man!

I wub you THIS MUCH, Wobert!
very funny. Is this what they call bullying? Or is it alright for staff?
You need to learn how to spell as well :p

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
very funny. Is this what they call bullying? Or is it alright for staff?
You need to learn how to spell as well :p

Now you calling me a bully, Wobert? You already implied that I'm stupid, half-brained, a pussycat, and a liar, among other things. And now I'm a bully too? But what does that make you, Wobert?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I don't mind emotional men and don't view them as feminine. All sorts of people (regardless of gender) cope differently with emotions. I think culture has an impact on that as well, some are more okay with sharing feelings and showing them, regardless of gender. Some cultures do not repress them or view them as "unmanly".

I feel it is unhealthy to repress because it's "feminine" and saying things like "man up". I think it's detrimental. Let people deal with how they feel in their own terms without looking down on them. I don't advocate to enforce behaviours either way, if a boy feels like crying and sharing their emotions, then he should. If that's not how he deals with his feelings, then let him deal with it in his own way (don't force him to share). Same thing with girls. It's not an either/or type of thing, we're individuals.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't mind emotional men and don't view them as feminine. All sorts of people (regardless of gender) cope differently with emotions. I think culture has an impact on that as well, some are more okay with sharing feelings and showing them, regardless of gender. Some cultures do not repress them or view them as "unmanly".

I feel it is unhealthy to repress because it's "feminine" and saying things like "man up". I think it's detrimental. Let people deal with how they feel in their own terms without looking down on them. I don't advocate to enforce behaviours either way, if a boy feels like crying and sharing their emotions, then he should. If that's not how he deals with his feelings, then let him deal with it in his own way (don't force him to share). Same thing with girls. It's not an either/or type of thing, we're individuals.

I pretty much agree with you. It seems to me notions like "a true woman" or "a real man" are somewhat outdated -- they have a whiff of the Middle Ages about them.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I pretty much agree with you. It seems to me notions like "a true woman" or "a real man" are somewhat outdated -- they have a whiff of the Middle Ages about them.

Outdated my hat. I still wipe my bottom with nettles and until I start using straw I AM a real man.

Deidre

You know, I have read this a few times, and I haven't got a clue what you're talking about and it's annoying the heck out of me. So why don't you start again and tell me what the problem is and then I'll explain how you have misunderstood. It's like you're talking to someone else.

And by the way, I thought you were staff.

In post #45, you indicate that I compare myself to men, and that I may even be insulted by the word ‘woman,’ at this point. I never remotely indicated such things, myself.

You then state that you meant ‘you’ in a general sense…which I doubt that, because you quoted me. It doesn’t make sense given the context that you meant to insult every woman here…but, maybe you did.

Either way, I answer to God, not you.

Re: being a mod, I decided I just wanted to remain a non-staff poster. :)

dust1n

Zindīq
I think she might if if was with a baseball bat. ;)

I just watched some american TV. Husband leaves home as he alledges she attacked him with baseball bat and meat cleaver. Inside the house there was a drawing done by her of her husband that she throws darts at.
Ah....feminism. Ain't it just swell!

It is swell, considering nothing about feminism encourages you to physically attack men for no particular reason.

dust1n

Zindīq
In post #45, you indicate that I compare myself to men, and that I may even be insulted by the word ‘woman,’ at this point. I never remotely indicated such things, myself.

You then state that you meant ‘you’ in a general sense…which I doubt that, because you quoted me. It doesn’t make sense given the context that you meant to insult every woman here…but, maybe you did.

Your post is unsatisfactory. I mean the general "your." Not actually "your" post per se, just posts very much having all the same traits as "yours."

I hope the joke is as obvious as I think it is.

Robert.Evans

It was poorly worded and meant women in general. I should always assume I have someone sensitive on the other end I guess who can't read between the lines :p
Either way, I answer to God, not you.
You certainly do. Now you have confessed it, you better make sure you live by it. Now, can you take that in the context that it was meant or are you going to take it as a threat. ;)
Re: being a mod, I decided I just wanted to remain a non-staff poster. :)
Good choice I think. Women should have a quiet and gentle spirit, to paraphrase the NT, which is difficult to do if you are in charge of others, in my most humble opinion.