• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida: We'll take your trans kids in other states

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Florida, in all of DeSantis' amd the Republican's fascism, is now wanting to take children from parents who get medical care for gender dysphoria even if the child lives in another state. Or even if the parent is trans.
I see DeSantis making a very similar remark to whoever it was in I think Iran saying they don't have homosexuals. Well, no, you kill them so no. The American Taliban's version will be Florida doesn't have any transkids. We'll, no, because they've egregiously violated human rights in regards to seeking medical care that they are violating the rights of other states (just like the CSA in regards to runaway slaves).
Florida courts could take 'emergency' custody of kids with trans parents or siblings — even if they live in another state
A proposed bill making its way through the Florida State Senate would allow the state "emergency jurisdiction" over children who receive or are "at risk of" receiving gender-affirming care — or if their parent receives it themselves.

Senate Bill 254, introduced Friday by State Senator Clay Yarborough, would grant the court authority to take emergency custody of kids under the same statute that protects them from domestic violence and abuse.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Florida, in all of DeSantis' amd the Republican's fascism, is now wanting to take children from parents who get medical care for gender dysphoria even if the child lives in another state. Or even if the parent is trans.
I see DeSantis making a very similar remark to whoever it was in I think Iran saying they don't have homosexuals. Well, no, you kill them so no. The American Taliban's version will be Florida doesn't have any transkids. We'll, no, because they've egregiously violated human rights in regards to seeking medical care that they are violating the rights of other states (just like the CSA in regards to runaway slaves).
Florida courts could take 'emergency' custody of kids with trans parents or siblings — even if they live in another state
Maybe other states should take Florida's trans kids to nurture them. Or maybe other states should try to persuade the families to move to other states if possible. What a mess.

syo

I believe gays are messed up. They are in reality straights who afraid rejection of the opposite sex.

BUT

Politicians should stick in politician matters and leave people alone. In anarchy there aren't politicians anyway.

Shadow Wolf

I believe gays are messed up. They are in reality straights who afraid rejection of the opposite sex.

BUT

Politicians should stick in politician matters and leave people alone. In anarchy there aren't politicians anyway.
This isn't even about gays, and that has to be the most sheltered and wrong view of gays I've ever seen.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't think homosexuals are afraid of rejection of the same sex just like every normal straight person has those same worries when asking someone out, or being in a relationship? Are you saying you're the exception to the rule in human relations?

Furthermore, while being afraid of rejection from someone you are attracted to causes all humans to feel uncomfortable, do you honestly think that them being gay doesn't mean far more rejection from society at large?

Social ostracisation, and ridicule, I would think is far more something for them to be afraid of, than the person you are attracted to possibly say no to you. This seems kind of common sense to me. If anything, that explains why some gay people try to live as heterosexuals when they are not. I think you have this completely backwards.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
well-take-your-trans-kids

One benefit of this kind of thing is in promoting the segregation of liberals and conservatives in America. Let red states become redder and blue states bluer. Let businesses recognize that they will be more stable opening in blue states as well. Let the Disney thing and the Atlanta all-star game moved to Denver in protest of Georgia oppressive voting laws be cautionary tales about doing business in states where governors are more into pandering and performative politics than governing.

And in the extreme, it prepares America for division into two countries. I realize that many would consider both of these undesirable - people who still hope for unity and reconciliation in America - but I don't see that happening. There comes a time when differences are irreconcilable, and "divorce," as Greene called, is preferable to more "marriage counseling." The Czechs and Slovakian seem to be happy as neighboring allies rather than sharing a government. How about the Bible belt outlawing just about everything it disapproves of like abortion, teaching black history, voting while black or brown, and LGTBQ support, and allowing people to have as many unregistered guns as they like in the hands of virtually anybody that wants one? That's how they want to live, so let them, but just not as neighbors or even fellow countrymen. From another country. What's the loss to the blue states? The gain is obvious and substantial.

vulcanlogician

I never liked Florida. But now it is becoming a literal fascist hell on earth to avoid. I hope this virus or contagion is contained.

Florida is a mixed bag. Plenty of reasonable people live in Florida and vote against such absurd policies. It's just that idiots tend to be ten times louder than reasonable folk.

When you find yourself in a room full of 40 people, the ten of them that are complete idiots are so loud they drown out the other 30 people who are quietly analyzing the issue. And your left thinking the whole room is full of idiots.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Florida is a mixed bag. Plenty of reasonable people live in Florida and vote against such absurd policies. It's just that idiots tend to be ten times louder than reasonable folk.

When you find yourself in a room full of 40 people, the ten of them that are complete idiots are so loud they drown out the other 30 people who are quietly analyzing the issue. And your left thinking the whole room is full of idiots.

The majority have voted for fascists like DeSantis.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So what?

You whine all the time about protecting kids.

It's kids here. Minors. Right?

They can wait until they are a proper age for these kind of decisions unless you advocate child abuse.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
One benefit of this kind of thing is in promoting the segregation of liberals and conservatives in America. Let red states become redder and blue states bluer. Let businesses recognize that they will be more stable opening in blue states as well. Let the Disney thing and the Atlanta all-star game moved to Denver in protest of Georgia oppressive voting laws be cautionary tales about doing business in states where governors are more into pandering and performative politics than governing.

And in the extreme, it prepares America for division into two countries. I realize that many would consider both of these undesirable - people who still hope for unity and reconciliation in America - but I don't see that happening. There comes a time when differences are irreconcilable, and "divorce," as Greene called, is preferable to more "marriage counseling." The Czechs and Slovakian seem to be happy as neighboring allies rather than sharing a government. How about the Bible belt outlawing just about everything it disapproves of like abortion, teaching black history, voting while black or brown, and LGTBQ support, and allowing people to have as many unregistered guns as they like in the hands of virtually anybody that wants one? That's how they want to live, so let them, but just not as neighbors or even fellow countrymen. From another country. What's the loss to the blue states? The gain is obvious and substantial.

I'm a person who's stuck in a state that was once considered purple, but is getting redder by the day(Iowa). Its kinda scary.

Shadow Wolf

I've been saying for awhile the Union needs to end. Do a population exchange so everyone is where they want to be and then pull the plug so the Red States can't keep dragging down amd endangering the Blue States. It would also allow us to join the rest of the Western world and developed nations in the 21st Century. And Red States get their theocracy.

syo

You don't think homosexuals are afraid of rejection of the same sex just like every normal straight person has those same worries when asking someone out, or being in a relationship? Are you saying you're the exception to the rule in human relations?

Furthermore, while being afraid of rejection from someone you are attracted to causes all humans to feel uncomfortable, do you honestly think that them being gay doesn't mean far more rejection from society at large?

Social ostracisation, and ridicule, I would think is far more something for them to be afraid of, than the person you are attracted to possibly say no to you. This seems kind of common sense to me. If anything, that explains why some gay people try to live as heterosexuals when they are not. I think you have this completely backwards.
I've associated gays. The woman that a gay man has as a best friend, is the woman the gay man is in love. He acts gay because he is probably ugly to her standards and she rejects him. The man acts gay to be close to her as the gay friend. Trust me.