• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those claiming to be Christians who don't believe that Jesus is G-d...

Christians who don't believe Jesus is G-d..

• I believe Jesus is metaphorical, follow the teachings only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe Jesus is an angel incarnate, worship Him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McNap

This is good, and true and I had a similar thought today. The direction or a person's life does not change with any of the different beliefs about who Jesus is. The direction of a person's life surely DOES change with the obedience to all his words! It is much more important to listen, learn and act by his words than it is to form a picture of who he might be.

How is a person's life suppose to change whether Jesus is God, an angel or the son of God? I vote none of the above because son of God isn't on the list.

I didnt vote because I do believe that Jesus is god.
But I think you’re right. Its easier to just see him as the son of god, so we may unite our conscience in this view.
I can follow you as long as you think the words comming out of the mouth of Jesus were gods words. Even if you believe Jesus is not god.
So it is for his works. They are gods work.
No man gave him the idea to do this. It came from heaven.
Thats for sure.

Paul said even the weakness of god is stronger than the people (1 cor. 1:25).
I believe Jesus is that weakness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didnt vote because I do believe that Jesus is god.
But I think you’re right. Its easier to just see him as the son of god, so we may unite our conscience in this view.
I can follow you as long as you think the words comming out of the mouth of Jesus were gods words. Even if you believe Jesus is not god.
So it is for his works. They are gods work.
No man gave him the idea to do this. It came from heaven.
Thats for sure.

Paul said even the weakness of god is stronger than the people (1 cor. 1:25).
I believe Jesus is that weakness.

:yes:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I appreciate your sense of responsibility.
Im very interested in anybody elses interpretation myself.

I'm not sure responsibility has anything to do with it. I assumed people would care about how many deities they're worshipping etc., that's all. Not a big deal.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Do you worship Jesus? Isn't that polytheism, if you do?

If you don't worship Jesus, is that really Xianity?

I worship Jesus and I'm a Trinitarian. I'm not polytheistic.

I don't consider those who don't acknowledge Christ as Savior to be Christian.

I worship Jesus and I'm a Trinitarian. I'm not polytheistic.

I don't consider those who don't acknowledge Christ as Savior to be Christian.

And not recognizing Jesus as savior has what to do with people believing he's G-d or not? Keep in mind that JWs, Non-Trinitarian deity of Christ believers, and Socinian Unitarians (like the Christadelphians) believe that Christ is Savior. the JWs and the Socinians don't however believe he's G-d. the Oneness Pentecostals believe He's G-d, but don't believe G-d is a Trinity of Persons.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
And not recognizing Jesus as savior has what to do with people believing he's G-d or not? Keep in mind that JWs, Non-Trinitarian deity of Christ believers, and Socinian Unitarians (like the Christadelphians) believe that Christ is Savior. the JWs and the Socinians don't however believe he's G-d. the Oneness Pentecostals believe He's G-d, but don't believe G-d is a Trinity of Persons.

I am a Trinitarian and am Christian. I've made no claim that one who rejects the Trinity can't be Christian. I've never talked down to another Christian for rejecting the Trinity. I have however, been criticized by those of other Abrahamic faiths for embracing the Trinity, which is tiresome, particularly, when those throwing daggers misunderstand and misrepresent my beliefs.

Again, I personally do not consider one who rejects Christ as Savior to be Christian. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

I am a Trinitarian and am Christian. I've made no claim that one who rejects the Trinity can't be Christian. I've never talked down to another Christian for rejecting the Trinity. I have however, been criticized by those of other Abrahamic faiths for embracing the Trinity, which is tiresome, particularly, when those throwing daggers misunderstand and misrepresent my beliefs.

Again, I personally do not consider one who rejects Christ as Savior to be Christian. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

again, what does "rejecting Christ as Savior" have ANYTHING to do with others rejecting him as G-d? You do realzie that you can do the latter and NOT do the former right? And the question. And yes, people of other Abrahamic religions (like Judaism and Islam) are going to criticize your acceptance of the Trinity, it makes sense, they are NON-TRINITARIAN faiths BY DEFINITION. The issue in this thread is about CHRISTIAN groups who BELIEVE Yeshua is Messiah and a savior but reject him as G-d.

roger1440

I do stuff
Of the four canonical Gospels, it’s only in the Gospel of John that Jesus said he was God. Most Christians view Jesus through the lens of John's Gospel.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Of the four canonical Gospels, it’s only in the Gospel of John that Jesus said he was God. Most Christians view Jesus through the lens of John's Gospel.
I'm not sure. In my discussions with 'Xians' I've come across quit a bit of 'son of god', seems to be separate from G-d type theology. The literal 'Jesus is G-d' belief that I espouse is at most only partly agreed on. Now, this is a forum setting, so who knows. That's just my limited interactional observances.