• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who believe that only Christians go to heaven...

HoldemDB9

Its obvious that not all get an equal chance to become a Christian. For example, a child born in India (where 80% of the population is Hindu) does not have the same chance of becoming Christian as a child born in the USA (where I think 70%+ are Christian?).

I don't know why, but for some reason many Christians seem to think that you will be held accountable for not following, once you have simply "heard" of the Bible. Hearing of the Bible does not make everything all equal.

Obviously this is not at all fair. So does God either let non-Christians into heaven or does he give some a MUCH better chance than others? I don't see any other way around it :confused:.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Its obvious that not all get an equal chance to become a Christian. For example, a child born in India (where 80% of the population is Hindu) does not have the same chance of becoming Christian as a child born in the USA (where I think 70%+ are Christian?).

I don't know why, but for some reason many Christians seem to think that you will be held accountable for not following, once you have simply "heard" of the Bible. Hearing of the Bible does not make everything all equal.

Obviously this is not at all fair. So does God either let non-Christians into heaven or does he give some a MUCH better chance than others? I don't see any other way around it :confused:.
Maybe God has a "complaint department" that handles this sort of thing. ;)
Even to the most learned scholar most answers to your question would just be speculation on their part. God's ways aren't our ways, and I admit you do have a good point to ponder.....

Dezzie

This is one thing I have always had an issue over. I do not think these other people will go to Hell because they do not believe/worship Jesus or the Christian Faith... therefore, I do not think anyone at all with a different believe than that will go to Hell. I think that as long as you are a good person, all is well. I really do not think it is fair that someone from India with the Hindu Faith gets punished for it. They have done nothing wrong.

HoldemDB9

Even to the most learned scholar most answers to your question would just be speculation on their part. God's ways aren't our ways, and I admit you do have a good point to ponder.....

So you do believe that these people will go to hell, but you also believe that you don't know what will happen to them? :confused:

This is one thing I have always had an issue over. I do not think these other people will go to Hell because they do not believe/worship Jesus or the Christian Faith... therefore, I do not think anyone at all with a different believe than that will go to Hell. I think that as long as you are a good person, all is well. I really do not think it is fair that someone from India with the Hindu Faith gets punished for it. They have done nothing wrong.

I agree, they have done NOTHING wrong. No Christian has ever gave me an answer as to what they are doing wrong. Of course they may say, "they were wrong" or "they didn't accept Jesus" - but these are not answers. Also, about the being good thing, I'm pretty sure the Christians I'm talking about believe that nobody is good.

think about it this way we are like in the year 2000 and sientist figured out there were humans as far back as 10000 years ago thats 8000 straight years of people going to hell

Beaudreaux

Would this good point cause you to reevaluate your understanding of God, Heaven and Hell?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
think about it this way we are like in the year 2000 and sientist figured out there were humans as far back as 10000 years ago thats 8000 straight years of people going to hell
Well, there oughta be someone to talk to then...
I am most curious to see which belief system (if any) is right.
It will be rather amusing the faces of those who were so certain they were going one way, to find out they are going the other.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
So you do believe that these people will go to hell, but you also believe that you don't know what will happen to them? :confused:

I agree, they have done NOTHING wrong. No Christian has ever gave me an answer as to what they are doing wrong. Of course they may say, "they were wrong" or "they didn't accept Jesus" - but these are not answers. Also, about the being good thing, I'm pretty sure the Christians I'm talking about believe that nobody is good.
I didn't say how I believe, What I am saying according to the scriptures that speak of hell or the "Lake of Fire" it gives specifics as to who will have their part in this place. If people fit into one of the specific categories mentioned in that scripture most Christians would tend to believe that those people will not be in Heaven. I don't think it is judging an individual but taking literally what the scripture says.
I am saying that any scholar no matter how learned will be able to really say with total authority just what God's final word will be. It is only speculation or individual speculation as to anyone's destination. It is left to each person to interpret for themselves as to what they believe.
I know I personally would never presume to tell anyone their final destination. I'm not priviledged to that information........;)

HoldemDB9

I didn't say how I believe, What I am saying according to the scriptures that speak of hell or the "Lake of Fire" it gives specifics as to who will have their part in this place. If people fit into one of the specific categories mentioned in that scripture most Christians would tend to believe that those people will not be in Heaven. I don't think it is judging an individual but taking literally what the scripture says.
I am saying that any scholar no matter how learned will be able to really say with total authority just what God's final word will be. It is only speculation or individual speculation as to anyone's destination. It is left to each person to interpret for themselves as to what they believe.
I know I personally would never presume to tell anyone their final destination. I'm not priviledged to that information........;)

Obviously nobody can say for certain what will happen, I know its just beliefs. My point is that these beliefs are contradicting in a way. I mean, how can you believe that all Christians go to heaven and that all Muslims go to hell, no matter what. And at the same time accept the fact that most Muslims don't get the same chance that Christians get to believe in Jesus. Whilst also saying that God is just and all loving. Kind of contradictory don't you think?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

I call this the Foundational Problem, since it shows the foundation of Christianity-- the acceptance of Jesus as your Savior-- to be inherently unfair. It is the reason I could no longer be a Christian.

Hospitaller

Seminarian

im not going to pretend to know what God does but the how I see it is that judgment is easier for people who never learned about Christianity. the only way one can commit a grave sin is if one knows that what they are doing is grave sin. if you have never been taught what grave sin is, then you cant really be guilty of grave sin.

un-Christian people still have a consience, though, so if they listen to it through their lives, theyll probably go to Purgatory for a really long time for all those venial sins and then Heaven.

God wont be unmerciful if one never had a chance. again, i am talking about the people who never had a chance to learn about Christianity

HoldemDB9

im not going to pretend to know what God does but the how I see it is that judgment is easier for people who never learned about Christianity. the only way one can commit a grave sin is if one knows that what they are doing is grave sin. if you have never been taught what grave sin is, then you cant really be guilty of grave sin.

un-Christian people still have a consience, though, so if they listen to it through their lives, theyll probably go to Purgatory for a really long time for all those venial sins and then Heaven.

God wont be unmerciful if one never had a chance. again, i am talking about the people who never had a chance to learn about Christianity

I'm talking about the people who have had a chance, but the fact is that it is a much smaller chance than others.

You have to have heard the Gospel there's a difference.

This thread is closed by default of pure logic against pure ignorance of the subject. A new argument must be made before it can continue any further.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I call this the Foundational Problem, since it shows the foundation of Christianity-- the acceptance of Jesus as your Savior-- to be inherently unfair. It is the reason I could no longer be a Christian.
I think unfair is not the relevant definition, a person simply needs to admit the difference between myths, logic and reality.

kai

ragamuffin
hey , if if theres a Christians only sign, I'm out of there! what! thats religious discrimination , I'm not having any part of that polava

It wouldnt hurt you to come to terms with the fact that millions of individuals do not read the scriptures with dogmatic eyes, some do it with critical thinking, others for academic purposes, others for enriching their cultural identity.

Really? Because the Bible is straightforward prophecy and witness of it coming true; either it happened or it didn't. It's black and white...all that other mumbojumbo you said only exists if you yourself refuse Christ. If you understand Jesus is the Christ; then you understand the Bible is a simple equation 1+1=2 and there's no way around it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Really? Because the Bible is straightforward prophecy and witness of it coming true; either it happened or it didn't. It's black and white...all that other mumbojumbo you said only exists if you yourself refuse Christ. If you understand Jesus is the Christ; then you understand the Bible is a simple equation 1+1=2 and there's no way around it.
single dimension verbal masturbation. trust me its not like people here have not heard this rubbish before, and intelligent as most members on the forum are, they havent yet found any content in this simple minded peasantry.