• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who believe that only Christians go to heaven...

Heneni

Miss Independent
If jesus is your lord then your going to heaven...if the hindu gods are your lord...then you have to believe what they say about where you are going. If you are your own god, then you have to believe yourself in regards to where you are going. If your not happy with where you are going, then you are unhappy with your god. Change gods then. If your god is a false god, you will end up somewhere you did not expect, even if that god is you.

Heneni

HoldemDB9

If jesus is your lord then your going to heaven...if the hindu gods are your lord...then you have to believe what they say about where you are going. If you are your own god, then you have to believe yourself in regards to where you are going. If your not happy with where you are going, then you are unhappy with your god. Change gods then. If your god is a false god, you will end up somewhere you did not expect, even if that god is you.

Heneni

So in other words, Hindus will go to hell if Christianity is true?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
This thread is closed by default of pure logic against pure ignorance of the subject. A new argument must be made before it can continue any further.
2d7ea0g.gif

You must have the Holy Spirit to know right from wrong for grievous sins and thus you must be a Christian to "know any better"; otherwise you are sent to Purgatory if you are traditionalist or you are preached to after death by Jesus Christ if you're scriptural but we don't know much about it; it's not for us to know once we know the Gospel that isn't what matters.
2d7ea0g.gif

Really? Because the Bible is straightforward prophecy and witness of it coming true; either it happened or it didn't. It's black and white...all that other mumbojumbo you said only exists if you yourself refuse Christ. If you understand Jesus is the Christ; then you understand the Bible is a simple equation 1+1=2 and there's no way around it.
2d7ea0g.gif

OMG!
I about peed my pants reading these three posts so close together....

Heneni

Miss Independent
So in other words, Hindus will go to hell if Christianity is true?

I am not the judge of mankind. I am a christian. There is no other way for me to the FATHER but by Jesus.

We do not choose god, god chooses us. And he chooses us for a particular reason.God makes whoever HE has chosen for a reason, into sons of god, and conforms them into the image of His son. Which is why it has been distorted more than any other religion I know of. There is no other religion that teaches conformity into the likeness of his Son. Not everybody have been chosen to conform into the image of his son. There will be a new heaven AND a new earth. The meek shall inherit the earth. That is WHOEVER is meek shall inherit the earth. Is there a meek Hindu. Probably. Is there a meek Muslim...probably. But heaven is reserved for his sons and daugthers. It is their home.

HoldemDB9

I am not the judge of mankind. I am a christian. There is no other way for me to the FATHER but by Jesus.

We do not choose god, god chooses us. And he chooses us for a particular reason.God makes whoever HE has chosen for a reason, into sons of god, and conforms them into the image of His son. Which is why it has been distorted more than any other religion I know of. There is no other religion that teaches conformity into the likeness of his Son. Not everybody have been chosen to conform into the image of his son. There will be a new heaven AND a new earth. The meek shall inherit the earth. That is WHOEVER is meek shall inherit the earth. Is there a meek Hindu. Probably. Is there a meek Muslim...probably. But heaven is reserved for his sons and daugthers. It is their home.

Ok, so you don't necessarily believe that they will go to hell, that's better than what a lot of Christians would say. But still, some people (born in the US) get a better chance at going to heaven than others (born in India), how is this fair and just?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Thats a subtle case of passive aggressiveness right there :D

What some call aggressive others call assertive. Would you prefer if I wasnt sure about my beliefs?

If religion is nothing more than thinking about what you like the most, what is the difference with fantasy then?

If you dont fancy being treated like paul, then your religion is a fantasy. Is there any reason to come up with lofty ideas, and to stick with them, when you know you WILL be persecuted for it? Its very easy to believe in loftly ideas...until you have to suffer for them.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Ok, so you don't necessarily believe that they will go to hell, that's better than what a lot of Christians would say. But still, some people (born in the US) get a better chance at going to heaven than others (born in India), how is this fair and just?

God is the one who defines just and fair. This universe including his home heaven, is his to do with as he wishes. But the bible says...that nobody that recieves a child of god, because they are a child of god, will loose their reward. And that means ANYBODY. The reward is not heaven. A son of gods' reward is not heaven, god is their reward. Heaven is their home, not their reward. To get to know god is a huge reward.

I believe in reincarnation, and therefore i can be sure that whoever was chosen to conform into the image of his son, will have the opportunity to do so. Even though christianity is a Major religion on this earth, only a small remnant of them will be the sons of god. It is also the 'religion' into which the bride will be born. But as in any kingdom there are citizens of the country, sons of the king, daughters of the king, and the bride of the Son of god and weddingguests.

Also...nobody is going to hell. We are all in it already. The idea is to get out of it. A king has the right to weed out of his kingdom the people who would disrupt the peace. Violent people, i.e. the sons of the devil will not be in heaven or the new earth.

Heneni

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What some call aggressive others call assertive. Would you prefer if I wasnt sure about my beliefs?
ROTFLMAO
as·ser·tive
adj.
Inclined to bold or confident assertion; aggressively self-assured.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

If you dont fancy being treated like paul, then your religion is a fantasy. Is there any reason to come up with lofty ideas, and to stick with them, when you know you WILL be persecuted for it? Its very easy to believe in loftly ideas...until you have to suffer for them.
Yes there is.
When you take said persecution as proof your beliefs are right.

Heneni

Miss Independent
A man has to preserve a sense of humor in order to survive the grotesque masquerades demonstrated by many in our societies!

A man you say.....

I have a different idea of a real man. Its not funny at all. It more about moral power, someone who knows what he wants and knows who he is...and does not need to laugh at others but rather laughs with them, or weeps with them.

Heneni

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You know what the grotesque thing about this?
here is a faith that raped every corner of the globe, the only persecution involved here is that of the poor ******** on the other side.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
A man you say.....

I have a different idea of a real man. Its not funny at all. It more about moral power, someone who knows what he wants and knows who he is...and does not need to laugh at others but rather laughs with them, or weeps with them.

Heneni

oohh thats very romantic. and simple minded.

Heneni

Miss Independent
ROTFLMAO
as·ser·tive
adj.
Inclined to bold or confident assertion; aggressively self-assured.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Yes there is.

Yes well, my dear mestemia...you are offended by the god of the universe. Where do you imagine a king will put those who cant stumach his presence? Somewhere you would like to put me perhaps?

Heneni

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You know what the grotesque thing about this?
here is a faith that raped every corner of the globe, the only persecution involved here is that of the poor ******** on the other side.
But you needs to see it from their perspective.
They see any question about their beliefs/faith as an attack on said beliefs/faith.
Some even go so far as to take "how are you" as a direct attack on their belief in God.

And I so wish I was making that up.

Heneni

Miss Independent
oohh thats very romantic. and simple minded.

Did someone mock your intelligence when you were a kid? You seem to be very determined to elivate yourself at the expense of others.

No matter...i have seen it all before. Your past is over and done with. Look at the future with hope. You are not what people say you are...you are god says you are.

heneni