• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who doubt the Ouija Board...

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
If you think the Ouija board is a joke, do you feel the same way about Tarot readings, Runes, Palm Readings, Ball Gazing, Dice, Tea Leaves, Pendulums, Astrology, any other form of Divination, or Fortune Telling?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If you think the Ouija board is a joke, do you feel the same way about Tarot readings, Runes, Palm Readings, Ball Gazing, Dice, Tea Leaves, Pendulums, Astrology, any other form of Divination, or Fortune Telling?
You forgot slinneanachd and my favorite, drimimancy. ;)
I remain skeptical- of the hundreds of methods of divination throughout history none are valid means of acquiring information not readily available.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
You forgot slinneanachd and my favorite, drimimancy. ;)
I remain skeptical- of the hundreds of methods of divination throughout history none are valid means of acquiring information not readily available.
Next you are gonna tell me I shouldn't bet on the lottery numbers they give me in my fortune, cookie, right? :confused:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I do believe in many forms of Divination. Certain forms may or may not work in the right hands. I do believe these things work through the Gods and Goddesses when they do work. That being said, what is to keep a God from seeing to it that the appropriate fortune cookie wound up in front of the appropriate person when a message needed to be conveyed?

Yes, I originally meant the fortune cookie to be a joke, but it is possible to get a divine message in one, nonetheless.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
could someone please tell me what Quija board is?
english_ouija_board.jpg

Two person's place their fingertips lightly on the pointer. A question is usually asked. The pointer moves to spell out or indicate the answer, if the spirits are working with you. Both that are resting their fingertips must be serious though. They are not supposed to influence the movement of the pointer in any way. They simply rest their fingertips on it and let it work.

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I agree, a fortune cookie could be a legitimate form of divination. Just about anything can. Remember how when we were kids we used to draw straws or decide something by tossing colored marbles?