• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank's journal of whatever

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I just wanted a place to share various things going on my life, or achievements I'm making. I don't know how regularly I'll update this.

So I'm currently in an adult high school diploma program and just get done with the first month of it. It was two classes, fitness for life (basically physical health) and financial math. I fell behind for a couple of weeks as the middle to end of July was extremely hard for me, with my dog getting more and more sick and dying. I didn't log in or do my work for a couple of weeks due to circumstances and depression.

Well, I went from 1 assignment completed in financial math to all assignments complete in just one day. I ended up getting an A in that. I can't remember the last thing I got an A for anything, but especially math, which I've long struggled with. I think what helped me is my years of being a cashier, and so now I'm a little better at handling numbers. But I'm really proud of myself for that.

As for the fitness for life class, I managed to get all the assignments done except for about 6 or 7, so I ended up with a B- minus all together. Not spectacular but that was due to circumstances, so I can't be mad at myself over it. I'm proud that was I was able to get as much work as possible done in a few days, when the courses were over a month.

So one credit down (half credits for each class). 8.5 left. Now I'm in a comprehensive health class, including sex ed, which I think is a bit funny at my age. The other class is a child health and development class, which involves child development and such. It's interesting.

I'm glad I can do this and that it's easier than I thought but would be. Now if life could stop knocking me down for a little bit...

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I'm pretty sure I had a nervous breakdown this week. :(

I'm about to go to the plasma place but I don't even know if it's worth it as my vitals are probably crap and I'll be deferred. Last time I almost couldn't donate because I've lost so much weight from stress, depression and starving that it flagged me. I lost something like 7 pounds in one week and they said 20 pounds since June and I had to say why. I expect that my weight will be even lower now. I can't afford food and go to the plasma place so I can eat at all. So if I'm deferred today, no food for me. I'm kind of wasting away.

I also have been hardly sleeping the past few days and am exhausted. That alone would make your vitals suck.

People say to go to a pantry. If you've ever gotten food from a pantry, you would understand why I hesitate.

Most food you get from a pantry is not very good or useful. They basically dump a ton of potatoes, peanut butter, maybe jelly (but often no bread!), boxes of cereal (maybe you'll get some shelf stable milk if you're lucky), pasta and that's pretty much it. Rarely you might get a little package of chicken. They don't really give you meat, fruits or vegetables. Everytime I got food from the pantry, a lot of it would end up wasted because I couldn't use it. (What the hell am I supposed to do with like 30 pounds of potatoes? They'll go bad before I could ever use all of that.) I also don't have a car and pantries are in a wait-list. If I get a new caseworker, I guess I'll have them take care of that and they can drop it off at my place.

Then the nurse gets my hopes up by saying they're hiring and they prefer hiring donors. It all sounds great until she asks if I have a record. I have a felony I plead guilty to last year (from something years ago that basically just ended up putting me in debt to the government and on probation but it's something most people could understand if I could explain it). So that's dashed. I feel like my life is ruined because of this. Like why try at all?

I guess I'll go back to the vocational services place I went to multiple times before and never got anywhere with. Because it's obvious I need professional help with my job search. I can't do physical labor, can't drive and have a felony. That severely limits my options. I definitely need anothet caseworker. I cannot do this all by myself. I will have to formally request a new caseworker since I technically have one but she turned out to be abusive and said a lot of hurtful things, so I basically ended that in May. I can never trust her again and she may have broken confidentiality agreements, too. (Bringing up personal issues of mine during a meeting.)

I did manage to get my power bill taken care of and I'm on a program. I only have to pay $12 a month.

But then I went to pick up my meds from the pharmacy and they overcharged me.

So not much good to say.

A friend got some info from her probate lawyer and I'll probably call them next week. It's like $500 an hour for their services, but it would be paid from the pension money. I hope I only need to speak to her for an hour, if that. I just need to get my mom's death certificate. That's like $21. I really hope I can get the filing fees waived to file the paperwork. (I was supposed to have the money for that already but I needed to use it for other things.) I'll ask the lawyer about that.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Nevermind. I'm not going to make it to the plasma place today. I missed the bus, get out of bed late because I didn't get much sleep (I literally spent hours last night tossing and turning) and only have a $1 for bus fare. Honestly I don't want to go, anyway. I really hate that place. The staff is often rude (with some exceptions and the people are often rude and trashy, too, with the security guards not doing a thing about it).

Can't even go to the library to pick up my holds. I guess I'll just put them on hold again. I wish I could just go to sleep. Forever. I cleaned myself up and got dressed for nothing. That's not something I do everyday. Now I don't have deodorant. Lol.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Maybe I should just go to the mental hospital. OSU's main hospital is like a mile away. I can literally see it from my back porch. I could just walk there. But my cat will be all alone, and I wouldn't be let out for days.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I forgot to mention another stupid thing that happened this month. So a few days after I paid my phone bill, my SIM decides to stop working. That was at the beginning of the month. So I go to customer service and they said they'll send me a new SIM card. Great, right? But then she didn't tell me that I needed to send mine in first, so I waited like an idiot for about a week until I notice an email from them with instructions to mail it to them. So I mailed it to them by UPS 2 and a half weeks ago, to Tennessee, and haven't heard a thing since. It damn sure would be there by now as that state isn't far from Ohio. No email saying they've sent a replacement to me or anything.

So I haven't had phone service for most of the month. I wasted my money paying for phone service I haven't been able to use and I also bought a cheap phone on the same network thinking that I could take the SIM card from that (and use the phone as a backup) but no. I can't even activate it on my account because it needs the original SIM! So I wasted money on that, too. I guess I can sell for like $20.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Is there anyone who can watch the cat?
No. I've calmed down. I was able to get some food. I was snapping from hunger.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to get a new phone and switch carriers since my phone company screwed up. I never got a new SIM card and one isn't coming. I've been trying to talk to a supervisor twice but the call keeps disconnecting and I can't get anywhere with it. The first supervisor said that the support ticket was completed but I never received anything. I sent the SIM in and ever got anything back. At this point, I gave up. They were telling me I needed to buy a new SIM card! I told them I not spending another penny on this phone service and if they can't help me, they've lost a customer. So I just don't have a phone now. This phone is useless as it's carrier locked. I'm about to just smash it to pieces with a hammer. I'm really pissed. I'm never buying a prepaid phone from Walmart again.

Wow, I just checked the government free phone service (Access Wireless, which I qualify for) and even they don't offer free phones anymore. How nice. :rolleyes:

Whatever. I'm not buying another damn phone right now. I hate phones. Yeah, it's important but oh, well.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
No. I've calmed down. I was able to get some food. I was snapping from hunger.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to get a new phone and switch carriers since my phone company screwed up. I never got a new SIM card and one isn't coming. I've been trying to talk to a supervisor twice but the call keeps disconnecting and I can't get anywhere with it. The first supervisor said that the support ticket was completed but I never received anything. I sent the SIM in and ever got anything back. At this point, I gave up. They were telling me I needed to buy a new SIM card! I told them I not spending another penny on this phone service and if they can't help me, they've lost a customer. So I just don't have a phone now. This phone is useless as it's carrier locked. I'm about to just smash it to pieces with a hammer. I'm really pissed. I'm never buying a prepaid phone from Walmart again.

Wow, I just checked the government free phone service (Access Wireless, which I qualify for) and even they don't offer free phones anymore. How nice. :rolleyes:

Whatever. I'm not buying a damn phone right now. I hate phones.
That surprises me! They had free government phones for a long time.

Yeah, phones suck. I've got an old flip phone. Its falling apart, but it kinda works. So long as I'm on the north wall of the house.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
That surprises me! They had free government phones for a long time.

Yeah, phones suck. I've got an old flip phone. Its falling apart, but it kinda works. So long as I'm on the north wall of the house.
Yes, they were called Obamaphones. I've had them before. The last one broke within a few minutes (screen just died abruptly). I called them to ask for a replacement and they had the nerve to say they don't offer free phones. Then how did I get that one??!! :rolleyes:

I want to go back to a landline. Or I'm thinking of it. Smartphones are one of the worst inventions in history. Sadly, I do like this phone. There's nothing wrong with it. It's the dumb *** phone company (Straight Talk - stay away from them).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, they were called Obamaphones. I've had them before. The last one broke within a few minutes (screen just died abruptly). I called them to ask for a replacement and they had the nerve to say they don't offer free phones. Then how did I get that one??!! :rolleyes:
My husband had an Obamaphone for a long time. :D

They were really hard to get any kind of customer service from, though the phone worked very well. It was pre-touch screen.
I want to go back to a landline. Or I'm thinking of it. Smartphones are one of the worst inventions in history. Sadly, I do like this phone. There's nothing wrong with it. It's the dumb *** phone company (Straight Talk - stay away from them).
Landlines are really expensive. I looked into it.

I have Consumer Cellular. I hate it. Like the phone, hate the service(it doesn't work anywhere).

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
My husband had an Obamaphone for a long time. :D

They were really hard to get any kind of customer service from, though the phone worked very well. It was pre-touch screen.

Landlines are really expensive. I looked into it.

I have Consumer Cellular. I hate it. Like the phone, hate the service(it doesn't work anywhere).
I have thought about Consumer Cellular. The prices were good. But the service is really crap???

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I have thought about Consumer Cellular. The prices were good. But the service is really crap???
Really crap. And there's often added fees.

The reception is terrible. And its not just my phone. My phone is cheap, but my husband's phone is really expensive, and his has the same struggle. If we're in stores, doens't work. In the house, doesn't work. In Marshaltown(an Iowan city an hour from here of a reasonable size), it doesn't work. Doesn't work in tiny towns. Doesn't work on the front steps.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Oh, great. I have to contact customer service at Straight Talk again to ask for my account number so I can transfer my number (whenever I can buy a new phone, which isn't now). I really never want to talk to them again. :rolleyes:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Really crap. And there's often added fees.

The reception is terrible. And its not just my phone. My phone is cheap, but my husband's phone is really expensive, and his has the same struggle. If we're in stores, doens't work. In the house, doesn't work. In Marshaltown(an Iowan city an hour from here of a reasonable size), it doesn't work. Doesn't work in tiny towns. Doesn't work on the front steps.
That's awful. Is the cell coverage decent where you live or is it just CC? It's sounding like a "get what you pay for" thing and that really sucks, because they mostly advertise that to seniors here. If it's that bad, they're ripping them off.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's awful. Is the cell coverage decent where you live or is it just CC? It's sounding like a "get what you pay for" thing and that really sucks, because they mostly advertise that to seniors here. If it's that bad, they're ripping them off.
I think its a 'you get what you pay for'. I live in a large for Iowa city, and there's no reason it should be so bad in such a crowded place.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I think its a 'you get what you pay for'. I live in a large for Iowa city, and there's no reason it should be so bad in such a crowded place.
Sounds like it. I just asked because I wasn't sure if you were in an urban or rural area. I guess I'll steer clear of them.

I got the info I needed from Straight Talk. I snapped at the customer service guy. Lol.