• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frustrated athiest asks why do you believe in God?

F1fan

Veteran Member
No, he's following his God given conscience. Otherwise you can just make up your own morality, which can be anything or nothing.
Sociopaths are born with a brain defect and have no conscience. About 1 in every 24 people are sociopaths.

And please demonstrate a God exists outside of your imagination since you are referring to one as if it's real.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, he's following his God given conscience. Otherwise you can just make up your own morality, which can be anything or nothing.
That is true. Morality is established by society and not by God. God (Abrahamic religions) said that homosexuality is an abomination. In most countries, it is accepted as part of life. India even pays for sex change operations for those who need it and do not have resources. It is considered equivalent to any other medical help.
The point is that atheists have no reason to be moral... just what ever benefits them. I don't care if they actually act like monks, their beliefs have no basis for objective morality.
There is a reason but not an injunction by any God. Atheists live in their societies. They follow the rules of their society and that of the government of their country. There is no objective morality, it depends on the laws of a society or the country. Abortion is illegal in some countries, that is not so in many other countries.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
And let me ask you this:

Do you think the Southern Baptists of the Confederate States of America were following their God given conscience when they fought to keep slaves?

Do you think the 9-11 hijackers were following their God given conscience when they flew planes with passengers into buildings?

Do you think every theist is following their God given conscience all the time?

Do you think atheists have no conscience at all, and this is only the case because they don't believe in any idea of God?

F1fan

Veteran Member
No, hardly. My point is merely that man's inhumanity to man is not a product of a set of beliefs but rather his perverse willingness to go along with whatever status quo has been forced on him or that he willingly accepted.
So, Catholicism, Baptists, Islam, Methodists, etc?

I sure feel the love when I disagree with those who believe in science.
So you don't believe the computer you're using works?

F1fan

Veteran Member
What you or I "figure" isn't the point. The point is that people differ in how they think they ought to move through the world. Conflict is inevitable. This is not the fault of religion, nor of people choosing to have faith in a God. It is simply part of the human condition. It shows up in our religions, our philosophies, or governments, our commerce and our culture in general. And we can either agree to compromise when we conflict, or we can fight, to try and dominate.
So could it be your impulse to believe in God is largely due to you being a human that evolved with a trait to conform to group norms and beliefs?

F1fan

Veteran Member
All the more reason people need a higher power to give them rules.
According to your way of thinking the higher power made sociopaths unable to feel empathy.

But that's OK because you haven't shown us your higher power exists outside of your imagination. So we look to science, facts, and reason for answers instead.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
And let me ask you this:

Do you think the Southern Baptists of the Confederate States of America were following their God given conscience when they fought to keep slaves?

Do you think the 9-11 hijackers were following their God given conscience when they flew planes with passengers into buildings?

Do you think every theist is following their God given conscience all the time?

Do you think atheists have no conscience at all, and this is only the case because they don't believe in any idea of God?
No to all. You aren't getting the point.
Most people have a conscience, which God gives them. We also all have free will. And selfishness.
The question here is what basis there is for taking moral actions if there's no higher authority than yourself?
There is none...that doesn't mean a non believer can't choose to do good anyway. But his belief system should be survival of the fittest if he is consistent with what he claims the world to be.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
My human spiritual conscious innocent born a baby said I don't believe in religious dogma.

I will impose my own experience.

A scientist the liar himself believed evil burnt cooled objects gave him a consciousness yet it hadn't. It gave him the method science.

So unconditional loving spirit was my topic research about by self.

Humans not expressing unconditional love. Observed. We are all humans. Science conditions stating God terms itself converting thought was the furthest away.

Science preached God falsely was love.

A natural human said the eternal being that had created gods release was unconditional love.

Burnt god became evil but evolved.

So humans religiously taught unconditional love was our heritage but behaviour by human choice contradicted it's teaching.

I realised science interferred with original natural consciousness and introduced subliminal psyche causes.

Science prides its intellect on being correct yet natural owns it first. Natural human first not the theist.

Yet a natural human theories. Mother father babies life for a lived memory were spiritual humans till star fall introduced science mind recall.

So I state phooey on you brother scientist.

Bahuallah said he realised by incoming star fall that the mind scientist became imbalanced on gain falling star.... shroud evidence real to era.....as it was the man self not woman self who chose science status.

Why men forthright in God science says it's my own. Owned.

He warned the star gas burning radiating caused man in science to think irrational self destructive thesis about stars. In his mind inheritance only biology.

Hence in late 1800s conscious healing biology revival once again evolved life's mind then the star fall approached earth.

Men were warned about its inherited conscious advised realisation as stated nuclear conditions were exact advised. By star history humans self destruction.

Why it had a message to teach against it.

Says father man origin conscious self not star fall affected. As the UFO phenomena causes proves it's fall sporadic. Wherever it falls life is changed.

So only some humans get brain changed others remain innocently oblivious.

How the scientist himself became by mind status the theist of science.

As his machine isn't the eternal that invented God that created all life by a reaction first. That string is just human thought. The eternal had released God. God burning took a long time to cool was reacting as the God body

O sealed earth God not reacting evolved.

Today science said my thesis science sound oscillation pulse heavens UFO release is better than the old God thesis from dust reaction nuclear.

A human evolution.

He says my thesis is evolved about earth.... is heavenly Phi fallout is God my theism holier.

You old scientists brothers are not aware I am lying.

The warning as a scientists mind develops he will believe his new thesis greater and better than the old.

Yet it arrives by the same status.

Why else was he murdered for challenging Muslims sciences star fall thesis? Who taught star saved life.

The moon stated a mother body god in womb O saved life stated earth science about God earth. The moon O God had been earths God baby saviour.

O planet terms only gods O.

Stars small mass considered an evolved reaction. Is incorrect line of worded thoughts first O as a huge sun reacting owned it.

How word use lies in thesis.

Man learnt the star is no different by form being converted by a hotter sun...as they moved by gas burning. Evolution space had stopped its movement.

Stars from sun hence were not holy advice anymore said science.

As the theist tried to place earth in conjunction equals to a hot converting sun gas of earth mass himself.

The mother of the heavens the moon behind head inferred symbolic gods son heavens spirit of O earth plus moon with fixed stars only was holy the origin saving.

As symbolism in paintings iconography.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
As long as you understand that most of them
are christians.

But aside from that, is that really really how
people think and behave in Japan?
Social conscience there puts America utterly to
shame and its not coz of religion.

China is less orderly than Japan but we are
not very religious, certainly not christian.

Do you actually think that I- we- just make up
and act out whatever rules we happen to feel like?

I sure hope you know better than that.
You aren't allowed to do much of anything in China as I understand it.
And Japan's religion of honor and such is very much the reason they have certain unwritten rules.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So, if his thinking were really that 'critical', he should be able to recognize that he has nothing to debate with. That, in fact, there is nothing to debate.
But any belief or opinion a person makes in a public forum can be assessed and commented on. Whether it is total faith-based nonsense or a claim that has facts and a coherent argument a critical thinker can offer a reasoned comment. That's what many of us do. Theists in debate tend to think their beliefs are to be accepted at face value, as they have adopted these ideas as true without facts or a reasoned conclusion. Their beliefs are just the TRUTH. Not to be questioned. But we do.

Faith is a personal, subjective choice based on the personal subjective results that one derives from having made that choice and lived with it a while. What is there to debate? What is there to rebut? Especially when the 'critic' has no similar experience of his own from which to enter what is an essentially subjective dialogue?
We ask questions all the time that aim to dig deeper than this superficial choice you present. Why do theists think they make these choices to believe a specific version of god exists? Why that version and not some other version? Science explains how religious thinking and rituals makes the reward center of the brain light up, so this explains why ritual can become a habit, and the euphoria of hormones in the blood feels good. I'm curious how believers feel about that, being caught in a cycle of think-reward. Do you as a theist have any interest in this physical phenomenon, and how it might explain why you have religious experiences that are likely just hormones?

And the amazing thing, to me, is that these "critical thinkers" never see this most obvious fault. And instead, they just bulldoze onward, insisting on evidence and facts and objective reasons and so on. Oblivious that they are not even within the realm of subject that they think they are rebutting.
It's that theists are shown the inner workings of how they think, but ignore the truth of it because the belief and the resulting condition feels good. I'm curious if a theist will ever stop and actually choose to examine why they believe at all instead of being content with the illusion they maintain, as "a personal, subjective choice".

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Of course. Coz being " christian" has little to,do with their morals.
Atheists are far less likely tobe in prison than people with so- called objective morality.
Yes because it's hard to be an atheist in prison. Those people need to believe in something outside of themselves.
Atheism is a movement comprised mostly of middle-to-upper-class white people also.
Poor people know they need God.