• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Gay/trans panic' defense

Flappycat

Bennettresearch said:
Michel, Hi

Actually I am not down on gays. What my only issues are is when someone is so busy projecting their agenda and wearing it like a badge, they should respect the space and thoughts of others.
Agreed

I am insulted that some think that I am so stupid as to not know who I am talking to out there in the world. Believe me, if someone doesn't get in my face they won't have any problem from me. I truly practice live and let live. Let's be honest here, it is a social agenda and people are pro-active and defensive about it and if you say anything that disagrees with this it brings on all manner of lashing out.
Yeah, it's kinda lame for people to get in your face over things.

Which has been best demonstrated by Flappy's name calling.
Dude, I've been pretty much on your side for the past couple of posts, save for pointing out that you're preaching to the angels when deriding our "glittering and idealistic" ideas about the gay community (Don't try to tell a homosexual what homosexuals are really like because it's pretty much guaranteed they know more about the subject than you do). Just let me get away with being on your side. Please. Dude, I've been sitting here agreeing with you on the fanatical gay priders sometimes getting out of line. What namecalling are you talking about? Where is it? What more do you want?

turk179

I smell something....
corrupt_preist said:
i can agree with that

but also, if people do not speak out about issues, surely no social change will ever occur, and thus progression may not be achieved!

the agenda i have is to achieve some sort of equality between the rights of gay and straight people, i deny this not

but i have great respect for people who also speak out against this aswell, some of them are good debators and all have perfectly valid points

regarding you earlier post, you speak only of gay people who come out from gay bars

trust me, these are not representative of the entire gay population

the problem with these threads about sexuality is that people do tend to be very assertive of their views of not violating other peoples rights, and thats a fine view to have, but remember, blessed are the peace makers, for they are the sons of God ;)

C_P
C_P, that was truly an awesome post and as soon as my frubals work again you will be the recipient of a measly amount of frubals from me:banghead3 . Some day I will have more to give:D