• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George W. Bush, war criminal

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

MissAlice

GWB made history as the worst President of the USA, implementing a number of policies which resulted in the collapse of the USA as a superpower, the implosion of our economy, the weakening of our military, and the severe limitations on liberty. Interesting that Republicans ***** and moan about big government when Bush seized more power than any other President in history and spent more money than all the Presidents before him. Combined.

Now GWB is unwelcome in countries around the world that take international law seriously. The UN Convention on Torture dictates that the 147 signees (including the USA) arrest Bush and try him for war crimes. THIS MONTH Bush had to cancel a trip to Switzerland for fear of being arrested. I'd bet a million bucks that this is the first time in history that an American ex-President was unwelcome to this magnitude, especially charges that place him on the level of war criminals who are far more notorious.

note: Bush's Swiss visit off after complaints on torture | Reuters

Good. It's just too bad our own country couldn't put him on trial. What he and Cheney did would've been criminal had they not been American.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And you think they would have stopped with the twin towers had we not done something to break up their little gang of thugs?
In one way, yes. The people who attacked the World Trade Centre died in the attack. People do tend to stop doing things when they die.

However, even if you're talking about Al Qaeda in general, the extra-judicial detentions and torture of inmates at GITMO did not do anything to "break up their little gang of thugs". If anything, it was useful to Al Qaeda as a piece of emotional propaganda and a recruitment tool.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
And you think they would have stopped with the twin towers had we not done something to break up their little gang of thugs?

Where's Bin Laden?

Illegal immoral insane activities like torture, extraordinary rendition and civilian death are doing more to confirm the US as oppressor, bogeyman and enemy of humanity than any of their opponents could dream of.

Seems to me that US policy is the #1 recruiter for enemies against itself.

(Given history I suppose it shouldn't be but...) It's bizarre that large portions of a safe rich country stand behind civilian death, mistreatment, oppression and misery in a farcical defence of their own 'freedom'.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well, so far it has in fact stopped at the Twin Towers and since we have not broken up the "little gang of thugs" that perpetrated 9/11 but in fact made them bigger and stronger, it seems you do not know what you are talking about.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

Danmac are you serious? Afghanistan was a poor third world country that couldn't have attacked us, that's why they had to steal planes, they didn't have any of their own. We could have handled this a better way. What has the last 10 years accomplished?

A

angellous_evangellous

I raed about a plane crashing into the ocean while eating my breakfast. I went about my day as usual. I learned that a dear loved one was on the plane and I lost my appetite for lunch. I suppose Angellous would have a different view had all of his or her family members been in the twin towers on 9/11

Well, did you lose a loved one in the twin towers on 9/11?

Either way, you'd probably have a different opinion about Bush's war crimes.

A

angellous_evangellous

No, but I don't criticize those who attempt to stop it from happening again, because then I might just be the next widower.

I'm not criticizing those who attempt the stopping of another attack.

Bush's war crimes didn't stop or prevent any attacks. He exploited 9/11 to the extreme to do whatever he wanted, which is the most disguisting thing a President will do in our lifetimes.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, but I don't criticize those who attempt to stop it from happening again, because then I might just be the next widower.
You also might just be the next person to be detained without trial, or the next person to be tortured by representatives of your government.

... so why do you criticize the people who want to stop these things?

Danmac

Danmac are you serious? Afghanistan was a poor third world country that couldn't have attacked us, that's why they had to steal planes, they didn't have any of their own. We could have handled this a better way. What has the last 10 years accomplished?

The taliban are using innocent people to shelter them. The problem is, those innocent people wont rise up like the Egyptians just did, and give the thugs up. Therefore there is going to be some unfortunate collateral damage. We have no prblem with the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc. We have a problem with the thugs they are allowing to hide on their home turf.

A

angellous_evangellous

The taliban are using innocent people to shelter them. The problem is, those innocent people wont rise up like the Egyptians just did, and give the thugs up. Therefore there is going to be some unfortunate collateral damage. We have no prblem with the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc. We have a problem with the thugs they are allowing to hide on their home turf.

Then why did we kill more than 100,000 of them?

Rainbow Mage

As long as they have no intentions or means to attack us that's really not our business. Our country has enough problems on the inside. Al Queda is originally who our government claimed to be combating and the main bulk of them isn't even stationed in the Middle East, but in southeast Asia. I know a farce when I see it. Iraq was a meaningless detour that served no purpose whatsoever. Saddam was no threat to us, Bush just wanted to settle his dad's old score.

Danmac

In one way, yes. The people who attacked the World Trade Centre died in the attack. People do tend to stop doing things when they die.
LMAO
However, even if you're talking about Al Qaeda in general, the extra-judicial detentions and torture of inmates at GITMO did not do anything to "break up their little gang of thugs". If anything, it was useful to Al Qaeda as a piece of emotional propaganda and a recruitment tool.

These people have infiltrated the U.S. and are prepared to strike at any moment. You think these people will befriend you when they take over the U.S. No they will give you an ultimatum.... bow before allah or die. sharia law executes people like you and me bub

Rainbow Mage

Oh my goodness Danmac. You actually believe what you're saying, that they're ready to take over the US at any moment?