• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George W. Bush, war criminal

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

ninerbuff

godless wonder
These people have infiltrated the U.S. and are prepared to strike at any moment. You think these people will befriend you when they take over the U.S. No they will give you an ultimatum.... bow before allah or die. sharia law executes people like you and me bub
We have militants that are US citizens that will do the same. Sounds to me that you're kinda anti Muslim.

Danmac

Where's Bin Laden?

Illegal immoral insane activities like torture, extraordinary rendition and civilian death are doing more to confirm the US as oppressor, bogeyman and enemy of humanity than any of their opponents could dream of.

Seems to me that US policy is the #1 recruiter for enemies against itself.

(Given history I suppose it shouldn't be but...) It's bizarre that large portions of a safe rich country stand behind civilian death, mistreatment, oppression and misery in a farcical defence of their own 'freedom'.

Some people are so set on their ideologies that one cannot reason with them. The only thing they understand is force. Brute force.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Some people are so set on their ideologies that one cannot reason with them. The only thing they understand is force. Brute force.

*sigh*

So much for Christianity huh?

I find views such as the one expressed here indistinguishable from those of Bin Laden.

This view is as completely barking mad as that of those you perceive as your enemy.

Brute force means lots of dead people.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Danmac your kind of thinking can justify any evil. Just what evils do you think we should go to in order to prevent a scenario that's hyperbole at best?

A

angellous_evangellous

1.2 million people are dead due to the American invasion and occupation in Iraq. It has been proven without a doubt that the Bush administration created a war machine in the intelligence community that produced a phoney cause for war. The American military murdered 100k civilians in the name of this cause, and very few if any were used as human sheilds, because there was nothing for Saddam to protect.

I do agree that force is needed sometimes, but in this case it was idiotic and wreckless, all but ruining our military (and our ability to make war on actual threats), our stature in foreign relations, and our integrity.

On top of all this, Bush had to go and brag about torturing people.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I find views such as the one expressed here indistinguishable from those of Bin Laden.

This view is as completely barking mad as that of those you perceive as your enemy.

Brute force means lots of dead people.
I agree.
And ten when you add the fact that all GWBush did with his Iran/Iraq fiasco is strengthen the Taliban...

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And you think they would have stopped with the twin towers had we not done something to break up their little gang of thugs?

Like invading Iraq looking for non-existent WMD's?
Was that worth the lives of 4,500 American soldiers?
Was it worth the lives of 109,032 Iraqis, 98,170 of which were civilians?
But hey...
Mission Accomplished.

Rainbow Mage

You see this is what becomes of a society that glories in war, and this isn't the last attrocity on our path to ruin if we keep going the way we're going.

Danmac

1.2 million people are dead due to the American invasion and occupation in Iraq. It has been proven without a doubt that the Bush administration created a war machine in the intelligence community that produced a phoney cause for war. The American military murdered 100k civilians in the name of this cause, and very few if any were used as human sheilds, because there was nothing for Saddam to protect.

I do agree that force is needed sometimes, but in this case it was idiotic and wreckless, all but ruining our military (and our ability to make war on actual threats), our stature in foreign relations, and our integrity.

On top of all this, Bush had to go and brag about torturing people.

I don't agree with the Iraq thing either, but the people of Iraq were certainly glad we were there in the beginning. They just wanted us to liberate them and then scoot.

kai

ragamuffin
yep lets let some country put GW on trial! but hang on? why stop there? lets try the United states of America the whole country as a political entity after all GW wasn't a dictator or anything he didnt do all theses crimes on his own, lets get the lot of em, president, vice president ,congressmen, senators ,generals ,CIA ,every one involved lets do this properly leave no stone unturned.

Then when we have done that we will start on the "coalition of the willing" in alphabetical order.

Rainbow Mage

yep lets let some country put GW on trial! but hang on? why stop there? lets try the United states of America the whole country as a political entity after all GW wasn't a dictator or anything he didnt do all theses crimes on his own, lets get the lot of em, president, vice president ,congressmen, senators ,generals ,CIA ,every one involved.

Hey, I'd have no bones about that

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
These people have infiltrated the U.S. and are prepared to strike at any moment. You think these people will befriend you when they take over the U.S. No they will give you an ultimatum.... bow before allah or die. sharia law executes people like you and me bub
It's not that I don't think terrorism is a threat at all; it's that I recognize that a government that engages in extra-judicial detention and torture is a threat as well. And given an objective assessment of the size of each threat, I'd say there's more to fear from that government than there is from terrorism.

Danmac

Like invading Iraq looking for non-existent WMD's?
Was that worth the lives of 4,500 American soldiers?
Was it worth the lives of 109,032 Iraqis, 98,170 of which were civilians?
But hey...
Mission Accomplished.

Obama hasn't exactly brought all the troops home. In fact he has increased our military presence in wars that Bush started, like in Afghanistan for example. You condemn Bush for starting wars, but what about Obama breaking all of his promises to bring the boys home, and close Gitmo btw.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I raed about a plane crashing into the ocean while eating my breakfast. I went about my day as usual. I learned that a dear loved one was on the plane and I lost my appetite for lunch. I suppose Angellous would have a different view had all of his or her family members been in the twin towers on 9/11

You are still not answering my question. Would he have any reason to feel differently?

Danmac

It's not that I don't think terrorism is a threat at all; it's that I recognize that a government that engages in extra-judicial detention and torture is a threat as well. And given an objective assessment of the size of each threat, I'd say there's more to fear from that government than there is from terrorism.

In a monarchy maybe, but we have a system of checks and balances.

Rainbow Mage

Our government won't stop the war now they have to keep it going to make the corporations money. Because in our country that's who matters most