• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Warming | Fact or Fiction?

How do you feel about Global Warming?

• Global Warming is a myth and the climate will stabilize soon.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Global Warming is happening but Humanity has nothing to do with it.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Global Warming is happening and Humanity is partly to blame.

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Global Warming is happening and Humanity is mostly to blame.

Votes: 52 44.8%
  • Global Warming is happening and Humanity is the only cause.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Don’t know, don’t care.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If you decide to go commune let me know. I'd consider a commune with the right selection of people.
Wow thank you! :D

Unfortunately we aren't in a financial position yet to do anything but make some modest plans and study what practices we want to use.

Though, we are currently researching founding a non-profit to either establish a community cannery like this one in Virginia.
[youtube]leSLQGF3_1E[/youtube]
Community Cannery - YouTube
but we are really inspired by Will Allen of Growing Power and ultimately want to run a non-profit modeled after his.
[youtube]j1P6_M-VnGo[/youtube]
Growing Power 1 Million Pounds of Food on 3 Acres - YouTube
Growing Power

wa:do

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Assuming that the universe even knows we exist.

I don't see why that's necessary. If people continue to be the type of uncontrolled virus they are on earth throughout the rest of the universe, we may end up being a scourge which indiscriminately wipes out life on not only one planet, but hundreds, or thousands, or more.

Trey of Diamonds

I don't see why that's necessary. If people continue to be the type of uncontrolled virus they are on earth throughout the rest of the universe, we may end up being a scourge which indiscriminately wipes out life on not only one planet, but hundreds, or thousands, or more.

It's nice to have potential don't you think.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It's nice to have potential don't you think.

I suppose it depends on the possible results of the potential. It's good to have the potential to be a concert pianist, especially if you like playing the piano. It's probably not so good to have the potential to be a deranged serial killer.

What's your point?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You're welcome

There is a startup commune in New Hampshire.

Druids Refuge :: Communities Directory

There aren't any in Louisiana but I didn't expect there to be. Folks round here don't go for that kind of thing. :eek:
There are a few promising ones in our area of NH... we used to visit and work with DAcres and knew a couple people who founded an unlisted primitivist group near them.

We want to visit a few of the ones in our current area, see if we mesh with anyone. (not just starting ones but established ones that are welcoming new members) Some of the "Quaker based" groups in particular sound welcoming.
Unfortunately some of them require buy in that we currently can't afford... and I still have my dream of going on to get my PhD, which complicates issues.

Trey of Diamonds

There are a few promising ones in our area of NH... we used to visit and work with DAcres and knew a couple people who founded an unlisted primitivist group near them.

We want to visit a few of the ones in our current area, see if we mesh with anyone. (not just starting ones but established ones that are welcoming new members) Some of the "Quaker based" groups in particular sound welcoming.
Unfortunately some of them require buy in that we currently can't afford... and I still have my dream of going on to get my PhD, which complicates issues.

DAcres looks pretty cool and the Quakers sound interesting. I've only known one Quaker but he was a great guy.

Life does have a way of complicating things. ;)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
[youtube]HzI1SbSpBZc[/youtube]
No Maple Syrup by 2100? - YouTube

This is a discussion on the fate of one species over the next several decades. If current trends continue the Sugar Maple will be all but wiped out in the USA. Ending the multimillion dollar sugar industry in the North East.

OMEGA777

Global Warming is caused by the area of Space that our Solar System is travelling through.

Next event is the Coming Comet that will cause a Pole Shift and Create a New Heaven and Earth.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Python Imports Banned

Does the introduction of invasive species contribute to Global Warming?
Not generally... what it does is decimate local species and ravage ecological diversity.

Pythons in Florida are not only decimating endangered species but also hitting species that are supposed to be common so hard they are driving them toward endangerment. They also eat pets and it's only a matter of time before they get a human.

Trey of Diamonds

Not generally... what it does is decimate local species and ravage ecological diversity.

Pythons in Florida are not only decimating endangered species but also hitting species that are supposed to be common so hard they are driving them toward endangerment. They also eat pets and it's only a matter of time before they get a human.

What about plant species like Kudzu, do they have an impact beyond the local ecology?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
What about plant species like Kudzu, do they have an impact beyond the local ecology?
It looks like there is slight increase in Nitrogen Oxide in the local atmosphere... but how much of an impact this has on global warming I can't say.

The number of domestic cattle (and their diet) has much more of an impact.