• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a person

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'm just a fly on a wall here, but I gotta ask.
If God knew these babies would turn out to be God hating beings as well, would it be just to kill them as babies or as adults a like, or whenever he wanted to? Logically speaking?

I thought in this magical world of supersition we're exploring here, we're supposed to have free will, no?

Either way, no, it's not just to kill anyone, baby or adult, because they don't worship you or don't believe you exist.

I'm an atheist. My 11-year old daughter is trying to figure out what she believes. Would it be just for you to kill her?

Numinous

Philosopher
I'm an atheist. My 11-year old daughter is trying to figure out what she believes. Would it be just for you to kill her?
Are you asking me if I would kill your daughter? I am not sure how that is relevant to any of the discussion. I am not "said God", and I never asserted that those "searching" would be killed on grounds of "searching".
What I did say, rather question about, is if God knew a group of people were going to turn out to hate God, what does it matter if he kills them now or later.
Mind you, I also said that is jest somewhat, as I don't really know what I believe, but was commenting on the current discussion you were engaged with.

In spite of all of that, I believe you did answer my query, and you feel God would have no right to at least it would not be just to kill a group whom he knew would turn out to hate him. Thank you.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Are you asking me if I would kill your daughter?
I thought I was pretty clear. I asked whether it would be just for you to do so.
I am not sure how that is relevant to any of the discussion.
You're right, but that's not what I asked.
I am not "said God",
So there's a different standard for God?
and I never asserted that those "searching" would be killed on grounds of "searching".
The issue is that her mother does not worship YHWH. Like the Amalekits.
What I did say, rather question about, is if God knew a group of people were going to turn out to hate God, what does it matter if he kills them now or later.
I'd say this illustrates the problems with believing in mythical beings. Because of course, God doesn't do the killing Himself; He orders His followers to kill the babies for Him. Not unlike, say, the 9/11 terrorists.
Mind you, I also said that is jest somewhat, as I don't really know what I believe, but was commenting on the current discussion you were engaged with.
Believe me, actual Christians have made similar points.

In spite of all of that, I believe you did answer my query, and you feel God would have no right to at least it would not be just to kill a group whom he knew would turn out to hate him. Thank you.
Of course not. Is it just for you to kill someone because they hate you?

ellenjanuary

Yesterday, I watched these programs on the Sumerians and the Annunaki; it seems to me that the only way "god is a person" can make sense is if we have been genetically engineered by the denizens of Naibiru. And that doesn't really make sense. I consider that having witnessed "god as person" in my mind was either cultural adaptation or agenda; and when I did witness such, god was also the entire background. I have come to prefer certain expressions: all things come from god, all things return to god; because they not only work for me, they allow everyone the ability to define god on their own terms, including god is not.

So, while I am a theist; evangelical, it seems, I am not.