• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is not a man

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Please explain to me, what is the image of God?
To say that man was made in the image of God means that man has the 'potential' to reflect certain attributes of God such as Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, Patient. Humans reflect these attributes of God to a greater of lesser degree, depending upon how spiritual they are.

Everything in creation is a reflection of the attributes of God.

"Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light. Methinks, but for the potency of that revelation, no being could ever exist. How resplendent the luminaries of knowledge that shine in an atom, and how vast the oceans of wisdom that surge within a drop! To a supreme degree is this true of man, who, among all created things, hath been invested with the robe of such gifts, and hath been singled out for the glory of such distinction. For in him are potentially revealed all the attributes and names of God to a degree that no other created being hath excelled or surpassed. All these names and attributes are applicable to him."

To say that man was made in the image of God means that man has the 'potential' to reflect certain attributes of God such as Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, Patient. Humans reflect these attributes of God to a greater of lesser degree, depending upon how spiritual they are.
When God created man and woman they had no knowledge of good and evil,
and they were not meant to have it.

This would render all this you said to be incorrect.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
To understand Righteousness and sin one has to study the Bible. When one understands that God is 100 percent righteous without sin one knows that he could not be a man. God can have no contact with sin. God had to Send his Son in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall. Romans 8:1 For God is a Spirit and those who worship God must worship him in Spirit. John 4:24
I see a lot of good in your post but would offer that Jesus was not a sinful man, but born of the Holy Spirit.

Remember God made man in His likeness and that likeness is our potential. Jesus was the perfect image of that potential.

That is why Jesus said we must be born again, born from the human spirit , with faith into the Holy Spirit which Jesus reveals unto us. So let's pick up the cross and worship God via Christ. (I am a Baha'i, and can appreciate that is life's purpose)

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When God created man and woman they had no knowledge of good and evil,
and they were not meant to have it.

This would render all this you said to be incorrect.
Even if the first man and woman had no knowledge of good and evil that does not render all of what I said to be incorrect.

Man was made in the image of God so that means that man has always had the 'potential' to reflect certain attributes of God such as Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, Patient. The fact that man did not use that potential, because they had no knowledge of good and evil, does not mean they did not have that potential.

I do not believe in evil spirits.
There are evil people in the world and they are people so do not reflect the attributes of God, even though they have the potential to do so.
How come you do not believe this which is written in your bible?

1 Samuel 16:23
And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul,
that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well,
and the evil spirit departed from him.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul,
and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

1 Samuel 16:15
And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now,
an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How do you know the parts you do not believe are not true?
I compare them to what it says in the Baha'i Writings and if it contradicts what the Baha'i Writings say I know it is not true.
Other than that, there is a lot of the Bible that I am unsure about, so I don't know if it is true or false.

How do you know the parts you believe are true?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God is not a man
paarsurrey said:
G-d never ever had a wife , so G-d never ever had a son, please, right?
Wrong. You do not have to have a wife to have a son.
Even Adam needed a wife, as per Bible, to have sons, right, please?
72:3
1726412314076.png

'And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord: He has taken neither a wife nor a son. The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation Yusuf Ali

Right?

Regards

God is not a man
paarsurrey said:
G-d never ever had a wife , so G-d never ever had a son, please, right?

Even Adam needed a wife, as per Bible, to have sons, right, please?
To begin with you cannot compare Adam to God, as far as
their capability to do the impossible. And to physically have a son,
God would not need to marry the woman for her to have His Son.
Therefore God would not need a wife.