• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's conditional love

AppieB

Man, undeniably, has a spiritual dimension, that was the point.
...and thus, this spirit, which did not evolve from stardust and protoplasm, must have a spiritual source.
Your unwillingness to answer the question reveals you understand that your reasoning is flawed.

PearlSeeker

Why is God's love for us conditional on us believing in him and doing what he says?

If a person didn't believe in me and didn't do what I told them to then I wouldn't not love them because of that

It wouldn't even bother me yet God would send such people to Hell because of this

So why is it that way with God? Why is his love so conditional?
I don't now if it has been mentioned already:

"He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."​

DNB

Christian
Your unwillingness to answer the question reveals you understand that your reasoning is flawed.
The Judeo-Christian God exists.
Your, either unwillingness or inability, to ask the pertinent questions reveals that you're not grasping the implications of what I'm trying to say, ...for the upteenth time.
It's not about if Zeus, Hercules, Apollos, Shiva, Allah or any other of the pantheon of God exists, God has employed a required zeal to search Him out, but rather the fact that the mass majority of humans who have ever lived , have believed in the supernatural and spiritual realm. There's something within our constitution that allows this, whereas no other creature can.

AppieB

The Judeo-Christian God exists.
Your, either unwillingness or inability, to ask the pertinent questions reveals that you're not grasping the implications of what I'm trying to say, ...for the upteenth time.
It's not about if Zeus, Hercules, Apollos, Shiva, Allah or any other of the pantheon of God exists, God has employed a required zeal to search Him out, but rather the fact that the mass majority of humans who have ever lived , have believed in the supernatural and spiritual realm. There's something within our constitution that allows this, whereas no other creature can.
That is just a simple 'argumentum ad populum'. Just because many people believe(d) it, doesn't mean God really exists.
By the same fallacious reasoning I could argue that most people don't (didn't) believe in the Judeo-Christian God, therefore the Judeo-Christian God doesn't exist.

If you are going to repeat these fallacious arguments I don't see a reason to continue our coversation.

DNB

Christian
That is just a simple 'argumentum ad populum'. Just because many people believe(d) it, doesn't mean God really exists.
By the same fallacious reasoning I could argue that most people don't (didn't) believe in the Judeo-Christian God, therefore the Judeo-Christian God doesn't exist.

If you are going to repeat these fallacious arguments I don't see a reason to continue our coversation.
Oh man, I knew that it was a bad decision just to engage with you. Boy have you made me regret wasting my time to such a degree.

AppieB

Oh man, I knew that it was a bad decision just to engage with you. Boy have you made me regret wasting my time to such a degree.
I'm sorry I gave you the impression I was so gullible. Next time provide something of substance if you want to have a meaningful conversation. I hope you understand that this is all fallacious reasoning. If not, look into philosphy and fallacies.
Fallacy - Wikipedia
List of fallacies - Wikipedia