• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's opposition to homosexuality. Why?

tarekabdo12

ah ha now i get it... are you bi sexual? did you chose to live as hetero
no , the human instinct guides people to be hetero and they derange this instinct. We-Muslims-were ordered not look even for the genitalia of the same sex as they genitals may be appealing towards sex of the same type. The derangement arises from conditions experienced through life not from the natural built.

waitasec

Veteran Member
no , the human instinct guides people to be hetero and they derange this instinct. We-Muslims-were ordered not look even for the genitalia of the same sex as they genitals may be appealing towards sex of the same type. The derangement arises from conditions experienced through life not from the natural built.

yes it is....
especially for bi-sexuals....
if it this is appealing on a broad scale, maybe it's a natural inclination...

oh yeah, that's right....women are to be covered from head to toe....wonder why they weren't born with a burqa on

McBell

Admiral Obvious
there's a vast difference between having a contradicting view-which can be accepted- and being impolite and deriding others.
I agree.
Now we just have to figure out why you are being impolite and deriding homosexuals.

I suspect that you think your god is just fine with it.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Either way, it's very convenient when one's particular version of god shares their same biases and prejudices. This way they can blame it on god, and feel perfectly justified in their self-righteous hate.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Make up your mind.

One wonders why Allah fears men looking at the genitalia of other men...
I mean, if there were any truth to 'humans instinct guides people to be heterosexual' then how does looking at the genitalia of the same sex make you gay?

Sounds to me like more straw grasping.

tarekabdo12

So homosexuality isn't chosen at all. It arises because of the various experiences the individual undergoes.

Many of these experiences are chosen and also the person can choose to change this pattern once more. I think also you can blame the society.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
excellent point
One that I am sure will be dismissed quickly...

and who's gonna argue with god....?
Well, IF god ever bothers to actually show up...
I will.

Until such time as god decides to stop hiding, I will have to merely deal with his followers.

skeptics and critical thinkers, that's who.
(i'd like to think i'm a apart of that crowd)
Oh, I imagine there are followers of different gods willing to argue with him.

tarekabdo12

I agree.
Now we just have to figure out why you are being impolite and deriding homosexuals.

I'm not deriding them personally, I'm contradicting an idea that seems to me devastating like contradicting smoking and addiction.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not deriding them personally, I'm contradicting an idea that seems to me devastating like contradicting smoking and addiction.
there's a vast difference between having a contradicting view-which can be accepted- and being impolite and deriding others.

So it is just fine to group them all together before you deride them because then you are not deriding them individually?

Split hairs much?

Last edited by a moderator:

tarekabdo12

Make up your mind.

One wonders why Allah fears men looking at the genitalia of other men...
I mean, if there were any truth to 'humans instinct guides people to be heterosexual' then how does looking at the genitalia of the same sex make you gay?

Sounds to me like more straw grasping.

Because humans have a sexual instinct that is aroused by the image of genitalia, it's more i relation to that of the other sex but it can be elicited by the view of the genitals of the same sex , as well. However, sex is not genitals, it's a great emotional relation & as I mentioned before homosexual wasn't found to carry real emotions at least for a long period as it is not the constructed right way. I also mentioned before that people may have a tendency for homosexuality as they have a tendency to addict drugs and nicotine so we should keep away from eliciting these ignoble whims and prevent them from abounding as they are not the right thing that matches our whole nature which is obvious from the studies posted previously.

tarekabdo12

So it is just fine to group them all together before you deride them because then you are not deriding them individually?

Split hairs much?

i mentioned studies not derision. Moreover, if some1 is doing something wrong and u admonished him this is not rendered as derision

Skwim

Veteran Member
Many of these experiences are chosen and also the person can choose to change this pattern once more. I think also you can blame the society.
So why would anyone choose an experience that would lead to homosexuality if one is instinctually predisposed to heterosexuality? It doesn't make sense. It would be like choosing to paint one's house blue when you prefer cream.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
i mentioned studies not derision.
You presented propaganda to support your derision.

Moreover, if some1 is doing something wrong and u admonished him this is not rendered as derision
You have as yet to demonstrate how homosexuality is wrong.

So basically what you are saying is that is is just fine for you to do the same thing as I am doing but I am wrong for what I am doing because.... you dislike it?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
i mentioned studies not derision. Moreover, if some1 is doing something wrong and u admonished him this is not rendered as derision

Blah, blah, blah - all you people are the same. You hate homosexuals because you find it yucky. It has nothing to do with god, or what's right and wrong. Just frickin own it for once.