• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's opposition to homosexuality. Why?

tarekabdo12

Blah, blah, blah - all you people are the same. You hate homosexuals because you find it yucky. It has nothing to do with god, or what's right and wrong. Just frickin own it for once.
If this is your way of thinking, you like homo as you find it not yucky so u can't blame a drug addict 4 being so as he doesn't find ot yucky. If the dialogue is suppposed 2 persist this way so i'd better save my time

tarekabdo12

if there is a genetic susceptibility 4 smoking or addiction or stealing so u think that all criminals can't be blamed 4 perpetuating their crimes

gzusfrk

Christian
The following are "typical interpretations by religious conservatives" as presented by Religioustolerance.org.
Genesis 19 Condemns all same-sex sexual behavior, whether by two men, two women, within a loving committed relationship or a "one-night stand."

Leviticus 18:22 Condemns all same-sex sexual behavior.

Leviticus 20:13 Condemns all same-sex sexual behavior.

Romans 1:26-27 Condemns all homosexual behavior as unnatural.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Sexually active homosexuals will go to Hell, not Heaven, at death. Once truly saved, homosexuals will become heterosexuals.

1 Timothy 1:9-10 Condemns all same-sex sexual behavior.

Jude 1:7 Sexually active homosexuals will go to Hell, not Heaven, at death.
source

If one accepts the passages cited as those inspired of god, and their interpretation in accordance with conservative Christian understanding, can anyone explain why the Christian god finds homosexuality "detestable" and worthy of "punishment of eternal fire"?

I know I'm asking people here to second guess god and his reasoning, but because so many Christians are keen to speak for him on numerous issues I figure some here would have a good insight into his thinking. So, Just what is it about showing sexual affection toward someone of the same sex that turns off god? Is it just some eeeeew factor, or does it go deeper than this?
Yes it does go deeper, man was created in the image of God, woman was created in the image of man from the rib of man, together they can make one, He said "and the two shall become one". two men or two women cannot become one. It is also an indulgent of the flesh, many books of the new testament say we are to act as tho we are not married, set our minds on things above not the things on earth, We are to let Christ dwell in our hearts thru faith, which in turn will allow us to crucify the flesh of its passions and desires. Not indulge them.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If this is your way of thinking, you like homo as you find it not yucky so u can't blame a drug addict 4 being so as he doesn't find ot yucky. If the dialogue is suppposed 2 persist this way so i'd better save my time

I don't think any dialogue was ever meant to persist this way. I mean, not the kind meant to make any kind of sense, anyway.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes it does go deeper, man was created in the image of God, woman was created in the image of man from the rib of man, together they can make one, He said "and the two shall become one". two men or two women cannot become one.
So what? Why should a homosexual relationship, wherein one does not "become one," be any worse than someone who remains single? I don't recall god coming down on single people like he does homosexuals.

It is also an indulgent of the flesh,
You don't think heterosexuals indulge the flesh? Of course they do, and to extreme lengths. So why single out homosexuals?

many books of the new testament say we are to act as tho we are not married, set our minds on things above not the things on earth,
And how often do heterosexuals adhere to this directive? I bet they're no better or worse than homosexuals.

We are to let Christ dwell in our hearts thru faith, which in turn will allow us to crucify the flesh of its passions and desires. Not indulge them.
And homosexuals can't do this as well as heterosexuals? If you think so, I've got news for you.

tarekabdo12

I don't think any dialogue was ever meant to persist this way. I mean, not the kind meant to make any kind of sense, anyway.

ًwhat does this connote?

parisnajd.com-4-5-3.jpg

idav

Being
Premium Member
if there is a genetic susceptibility 4 smoking or addiction or stealing so u think that all criminals can't be blamed 4 perpetuating their crimes
It really depends on the situation there really is no absolute to go by. I figure if your not hurting yourself or someone else your good to go however if you are hurting yourself that is your own business (to an extent). Really even sodomy is debateable on being more harmful as any sex can be harmful especially if your not monogamous and don't use protection. Also just about anything can be harmful just like having too much iron in your blood is harmful. There are too many factors to judge and sense we suck at knowing peoples hearts you might as well leave that for god.

tarekabdo12

I have a few problems with your post here:

4) Have you ever considered that your God and his morality is wrong and/or inappropriate for the modern world? Lets face it, religious texts aren't exactly "up to date" with current discoveries and as hard as scholars try to twist the meaning of these texts, they're rather ambiguous at best.

You can just consider these links if you are interested>>>>>>

The Medical Miracles of the Holy Quran
Embryology and human creation between Quran and science

you can consider a relation between religion and science.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I just don't understand the fascination of having sex with someone of the same gender. I imagine it would be revolting.

IMO, if you even a little bit (teeny tiny bit) enjoy receiving oral sex, then I actually have tough time understanding how you can't relate to the idea that same gender sex wouldn't be as good, if not better. I think average male knows male body better than average female. And average female (even below average female) knows female body better than average male (even above average male).

So, if you had blindfold on, and were looking to get your rocks off via oral sex. I bet everyone reading this, who enjoys receiving oral sex, would feel much more satisfied by someone who, let's just say, knows there way around and knows the little things to provide added stimulation.

In fact, I'll bet a dollar. Any takers? Btw, I won't be providing the oral sex, just observing the results and collecting a dollar from you after your mind blowing orgasm.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
1- God didn't create homosexuals, God created people and gave them the ability to choose and they chose to be homosexuals.

Oh so now God gives them a choice and if they choose wrongly they are condemned forever. What a sadist your God is.

2-3 sure it's a disease, if it was not a disease so why is homosexuality flourishing in the western community and not in the eastern one. Sure the genetic susceptibility will reach both sides.Even if there was genetic susceptibility so you can see that those susceptible individuals are living a great homosexual life without a problem so genetically susceptible individuals are perfect heterosexuals in the western community but not in the eastern side.

Because in the west we don't execute homosexuals :facepalm: The west is liberal and tolerant. The east is the dark ages where homosexuality is a crime. There are homosexuals everywhere, some are just quieter than others in fear of their lives.

4- explain, these are mere assumptions

I'm merely questioning your God's motives. Sure he makes the rules, but what makes his rules any better than any other rules?

Nobody is in a position to make claims like that.