• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Trinity

Avoice

Jesus didn't leave us with a book he left us with 12 apostles and the churches they established
St Thomas of India
Eastern orthodox
Ethiopian apostolic church
Orential churches; Coptic
Eastern right catholic churches
Roman catholic

They all have very similar doctrine even though they had great separation through geographical challenges they can all recognize each other as valid apostolic churches with minor differences such as Matt 16:18 being infallible or the first among equals

And the Hebrew scriptures and the letters the Apostles wrote about Jesus and what he taught, True?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I've looked through the surrounding verses and the Greek Jesus uses to say I am is the same as any other person in the surrounding verses uses. He's definitely not saying his name is "I AM".

I believe It is the context that dtermines the meaning.

I believe the earliest texts are in Greek but Jesus may have used Hebrew when talking to Pharisees.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Bible says holy spirit is Jehovah's/God the Father's.

I believe that, as all His children who create things, God/Jehovah is what He creates and is above over and beyond all his creations. Thus my wording: God is Jesus. Some have twisted this into Jesus, the created, being God and that does not agree with the picture or my understanding of the Bible.

edited for punctuation.

I don't believe i have found any scripture that supports this concept.

I don't believe there is any evidence to support this concept.

However I believe Jesus is more than created being but is also the Spirit of God within. It is the spirit within that identifies Him as God not the body which returns to dust.

Avoice

I don't believe there is any evidence to support this concept.

However I believe Jesus is more than created being but is also the Spirit of God within. It is the spirit within that identifies Him as God not the body which returns to dust.

How then is Jesus the first-born of Creation?

Here are a few verses that cause me to believe the way I do:

In the following illustration Jesus is the Son the Vineyard holder is God the Father.

NWT said:
(Luke 20:12-16) 12 Yet again he sent a third; this one also they wounded and threw out. 13 At this the owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my son the beloved. Likely they will respect this one.’ 14 When the cultivators caught sight of him they went reasoning with one another, saying, ‘This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may become ours.’ 15 With that they threw him outside the vineyard and killed him. What, therefore, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16 He will come and destroy these cultivators and will give the vineyard to others.”. . .

NWT said:
(Mark 12:1-11) 12 Also, he started to speak to them with illustrations: “A man planted a vineyard, and put a fence around it, and dug a vat for the winepress and erected a tower, and let it out to cultivators, and traveled abroad. 2 Now in due season he sent forth a slave to the cultivators, that he might get some of the fruits of the vineyard from the cultivators. 3 But they took him, beat him up and sent him away empty. 4 And again he sent forth another slave to them; and that one they struck on the head and dishonored. 5 And he sent forth another, and that one they killed; and many others, some of whom they beat up and some of whom they killed. 6 One more he had, a beloved son. He sent him forth last to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 7 But those cultivators said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’ 8 So they took him and killed him, and threw him outside the vineyard. 9 What will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the cultivators, and will give the vineyard to others. 10 Did YOU never read this scripture, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. 11 From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’?”

NWT said:
(Hebrews 10:5-10) 5 Hence when he comes into the world he says: “‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me. 6 You did not approve of whole burnt offerings and sin [offering].’ 7 Then I said, ‘Look! I am come (in the roll of the book it is written about me) to do your will, O God.’” 8 After first saying: “You did not want nor did you approve of sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin [offering]”—[sacrifices] that are offered according to the Law— 9 then he actually says: “Look! I am come to do your will.” He does away with what is first that he may establish what is second. 10 By the said “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.

NWT said:
(Ephesians 5:1, 2) 5 Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, 2 and go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved YOU and delivered himself up for YOU as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling odor.

Avoice

What then, to these mean:

Scriptures of God's holy spirit Greek Scriptures only

Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
1Co_2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co_2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co_3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co_6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
1Co_7:40 But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
1Co_7:40 But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
2Co_3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If you need Hebrew scriptures to pull these into context, I can pull them also.

kjw47

I've looked through the surrounding verses and the Greek Jesus uses to say I am is the same as any other person in the surrounding verses uses. He's definitely not saying his name is "I AM".

You are right, Jesus was not saying he was the i am--he was answering the pharisees as to whether he existed before Abraham-- no more-no less. The trinity religions( 2 cor 11:12-15) have it all twisted.