• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Trinity

loverOfTruth

Why?

What is this compulsion you feel to twist Xy into a Biblical religion. It isn't. The Bible is part of the Tradition of the religion, but the religion isn't based upon it. In fact, there were no Greek texts until years after Jesus was gone.

So? Should the religion not be "man made?" The religion is there for humanity's sake, not God's.

I didn't ignore it -- you just don't get it. God was running the show. I believe I said that. Don't you think that God is everywhere? God wasn't "just on earth."

No, I consider God to be One. God doesn't have "parts."

If God is One, how can God be "incomplete?"

Congratulation, you just agreed that Trinity is a man made concept and not divine. The religion is supposed to be for 'man' by 'God' - not the vice versa. So if the teachings in the Bible are not from God Almighty(i.e man made), why should anyone care to follow it for their salvation ? Anyone can come up with any man made religion - doesn't make it True. Obviously, Jesus is not here anymore - so what other sources of teaching should people follow to know the complete teaching of Jesus other than the Bible ?

And by the way, early christians didn't believe in the Trinity either. See it for yourself. I would ask you to listen to the following lecture by Dr. Jerald F. Dirks that shows even early christians had quite a different take on the divinity of Jesus(pbuh). Dr. Dirks has a Master of Divinity from Harvard Divinity School.
[youtube]2m4KW-dysKk[/youtube]
From Jesus to Muhammad: A History of Early Christianity - YouTube

And also, you cannot claim God is one - if some part (and not the entire God) of it had to come out to this world for some mission - then only 2 part remained in heaven. And if you claim that the whole of (one) God came as full human, then there was no one running the show when Jesus was living on earth (and then it would not make any sense that Jesus prayed to Father in Heaven who wasn't there). Remember, your eternal salvation depends on it - so you gotta decide before it is too late.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So why you do say that god died for your sins,so god didnt die.
did you see that you contradict yourself.

debating with you is a fun.
God died for our sins :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Look again. I never said "God died for our sins."

D'oh!
Facepalm right back at ya!:beach:

sojourner

God humanity died,so god is 2 now,not 3.
the humanity one jesus has died for our sins.
that is really funny :)
(very slowly, as if to a small child) And...what...do...we...have...to...do...in...order...to...be...resurrected?

That's right! We have to die, don't we, Punkin'?

Can you say "resurrection?" I think you can, because you're very special!

sojourner

Congratulation, you just agreed that Trinity is a man made concept and not divine. The religion is supposed to be for 'man' by 'God' - not the vice versa. So if the teachings in the Bible are not from God Almighty(i.e man made), why should anyone care to follow it for their salvation ? Anyone can come up with any man made religion - doesn't make it True. Obviously, Jesus is not here anymore - so what other sources of teaching should people follow to know the complete teaching of Jesus other than the Bible ?

And by the way, early christians didn't believe in the Trinity either. See it for yourself. I would ask you to listen to the following lecture by Dr. Jerald F. Dirks that shows even early christians had quite a different take on the divinity of Jesus(pbuh). Dr. Dirks has a Master of Divinity from Harvard Divinity School.
[youtube]2m4KW-dysKk[/youtube]

From Jesus to Muhammad: A History of Early Christianity - YouTube

And also, you cannot claim God is one - if some part (and not the entire God) of it had to come out to this world for some mission - then only 2 part remained in heaven. And if you claim that the whole of (one) God came as full human, then there was no one running the show when Jesus was living on earth (and then it would not make any sense that Jesus prayed to Father in Heaven who wasn't there). Remember, your eternal salvation depends on it - so you gotta decide before it is too late.
:biglaugh: All -- repeat -- all religious concepts are man made. Congratulations to you for stating the obvious!

I think it's hilarious that you presume to tell me what Xy is "supposed to be." It's by us, for us, to get us closer to God.

(Pssst: No one follows the Bible for salvation. We follow Jesus for salvation).

Jesus is here. His body is the Church. If you want to know Jesus and follow him, get to know the Church.

Of course the Trinity doctrine isn't biblical. I never said it was. But -- but -- the earliest Xtians did have some sort of concept of Jesus' Divine nature.
I couldn't care less who has an MDiv. I know lots of people who have MDiv's from all sorts of places, and I know lots of people who have Doctorates in Biblical studies and theology. They all say basically the same thing. Problem is, you're only listening to what you want to listen to.

Oh yes. I can claim -- and, in fact, I do claim -- that God is One. Once again, God doesn't have parts. I never claimed God did have parts. You make that claim. I fail to see why you make that claim, unless it's just to knock down the Trinity. You're never going to do that, though, making up false claims about it.

My "eternal salvation" depends upon God -- and I trust God to save. Since God is eternal, there is all the time in the world -- and beyond it.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
(very slowly, as if to a small child) And...what...do...we...have...to...do...in...order...to...be...resurrected?

That's right! We have to die, don't we, Punkin'?

Can you say "resurrection?" I think you can, because you're very special!

when you die jesus will resurrect you,
but when your jesus (your lord) die on the cross,then
i guess he should be back by magic.
what next.

sojourner

I was going to thread-hop onto this and go on about how it's like split personalities and make some joke, but this blew me away. Frubals for you!
It blows me away, too, but only because the post is a load of bunk in many respects.

sojourner

when you die jesus will resurrect you,
but when your jesus (your lord) die on the cross,then
i guess he should be back by magic.
what next.
Correction: When we die, God will resurrect us. When Jesus died, God resurrected him, too.

You call it magic. I call it resurrection theology.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Correction: When we die, God will resurrect us. When Jesus died, God resurrected him, too.

You call it magic. I call it resurrection theology.

Thats it,pray for god who resurrected jesus and who will resurrect me and you
as he did with jesus.

Thanks god that you understand that god the almighty had resurrected jesus.
i am very glad to hear that from you.

loverOfTruth

:biglaugh: All -- repeat -- all religious concepts are man made. Congratulations to you for stating the obvious!
I didn't state that - I just said that for Christianity based on your statements. I do not believe in any man made religion - I believe in Islam, which is sent via a messenger of God to humanity from God Almighty.

I think it's hilarious that you presume to tell me what Xy is "supposed to be." It's by us, for us, to get us closer to God.
So if God didn't tell us anything about Him, how do you know what is God and how to get to Him ? Then there's no reason to follow Jesus in particular, you can follow Buddhism or whatever you wish.

(Pssst: No one follows the Bible for salvation. We follow Jesus for salvation).
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And how do you follow Jesus without the Bible ? How do you know what Jesus wants you to do (without the Bible - that is the only source of Information you have about Jesus) ? Do you get special room service revelation sent to you regarding how to follow Jesus ?

Jesus is here. His body is the Church. If you want to know Jesus and follow him, get to know the Church.
And what do you do with the Church without the Bible ?

Of course the Trinity doctrine isn't biblical. I never said it was. But -- but -- the earliest Xtians did have some sort of concept of Jesus' Divine nature.

And you are willing to risk your eternity on 'some sort of concept' (without full confirmation) ? Because majority of the early christians didn't believe in that stuff and not to mention that Jesus himself didn't preach Trinity.

Oh yes. I can claim -- and, in fact, I do claim -- that God is One. Once again, God doesn't have parts. I never claimed God did have parts. You make that claim. I fail to see why you make that claim, unless it's just to knock down the Trinity. You're never going to do that, though, making up false claims about it.
I am not making up anything. As soon as you say that God is Father, the Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit - you are creating the parts yourself. And when you say that Jesus alone came to the earth (not the father, and holy spirit), you are separating one out of the three - then again you are creating the parts even more evidently. At least if you believed combined 3 = 1 and the entire 1 = 3 combined came to earth, you could claim that God is 1 part. But that's obviously not the case.

Last edited:

sojourner

I believe in Islam, which is sent via a messenger of God to humanity from God Almighty.
Uh huh. Yeah. At least that's what he says. And I'd be willing to bet that he's got some lovely swamp land he'd be willing to sell you, too. But... the hook has been firmly set and you've been reeled in. What are we to do?
So if God didn't tell us anything about Him, how do you know what is God and how to get to Him ?
If you need a religion -- or worse yet, a book -- to find out about God, you're worse off than I thought.
Then there's no reason to follow Jesus in particular, you can follow Buddhism or whatever you wish.
Yup. It's all about the metaphor that works for you.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And how do you follow Jesus without the Bible ?
How did the early Xtians follow Jesus for the first 300 or so years without a Bible? The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard is needing a book to know about God.
How do you know what Jesus wants you to do (without the Bible - that is the only source of Information you have about Jesus) ?
How did the early Xtians know what Jesus wanted them to do for the first 300 years or so without a Bible? The bible is only part of our source.
Do you get special room service revelation sent to you regarding how to follow Jesus ?
We have the community that is the Body of Christ. We have the same mind in us that was also in Christ Jesus.
And what do you do with the Church without the Bible ?
Surrously? ... Surrously! I... Really?!
And you are willing to risk your eternity on 'some sort of concept' (without full confirmation) ?
I trust God to have my back. God is love, wants a relationship with me -- and all of us -- and will search until we are all found. Where's the risk? It's the knowledge that there is no real separation between us and God, because of God-made-flesh that precludes any need to scramble for cover.
Because majority of the early christians didn't believe in that stuff and not to mention that Jesus himself didn't preach Trinity.
Of course he did. I and the Father are One. Those who have seen me have seen the Father. I go to prepare a place for you. I am the Vine. You are the branches. Etc.
I am not making up anything. As soon as you say that God is Father, the Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit - you are creating the parts yourself.
Nope. One God. No parts. But three Persons.
At least if you believed combined 3 = 1 and the entire 1 = 3 combined came to earth, you could claim that God is 1 part. But that's obviously not the case.
Nope. Again, this isn't math, it's theology.