• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going topless, an equal rights issue

Should all women have the right to go topless wherever men do?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

waitasec

Veteran Member
I am repeatedly amazed by the assertion that female breasts are in any way comparable to penises. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. Breasts are not reproductive organs. They are not genitalia. Just because they may swing or flop does not make them comparable. They are not even anywhere near the same area of the body. Just how in the world are they comparable? Is it the idea of possible sexual attractiveness? Because, hate to burst a bubble here, it's not like penises are really what women swoon over. It's not like we see a penis and our eyes bulge and we just can't rip our eyes away and we start drooling and our panties become all moist instantly. It doesn't work like that. I mean really, if you want to honestly compare female breasts to something physical about a man...I would honestly compare it the chest and abs on a man. Really. What? You don't think a woman looks at this and thinks "DAMN!"?

Now, honestly, if he can go without his shirt, why can't I?

because you have boobies
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Draka

Wonder Woman
That seems a bit one sided don't you think?

I mean, you present of pic of him without a shirt to help the question along....

Well, I have a point don't I? Attractive men can go about without their shirts on. Totally unconcerned with the affect it may have on the women who many see them and our poor sensibilities. So why is it women can't go topless?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Well, I have a point don't I? Attractive men can go about without their shirts on. Totally unconcerned with the affect it may have on the women who many see them and our poor sensibilities. So why is it women can't go topless?

must be nice to have that potential POV or lack thereof

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Because there are far to many prudes in position of power.

Does this mean youa re not going to level your playing field?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Oh would you shush and let me make my point :slap: :D

but i am... :yes:
i think you are making a great point...!!!!

i just wanted to emphasis what stuck out to me. guys are in a position to NOT care what women think about them...
wish women could be in that very same position.

perhaps it has something to do with the perception of brawn...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I assure you, Chris Hemsworth without his shirt on is much more of a distraction than I would be topless. ;)
The real issue would be how accident prone the group doing the leering is.
Thor would affect women & gay males, both notoriously safe drivers....except when texting & gossiping.
Hetero men are much more dangerous, so that's why women must cover.
Fair? No. But life ain't fair. Women can expose hooters in public for the natural function of feeding an ankle biter.
But men can be prosecuted & put on a sex offender list just for the performing the natural function of whizzing behind a tree.

Let's hope things don't head in this direction...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...athers-wear-masks-beat-suns-harmful-rays.html

Draka

Wonder Woman
but i am... :yes:
i think you are making a great point...!!!!

i just wanted to emphasis what stuck out to me. guys are in a position to NOT care what women think about them...
wish women could be in that very same position.

perhaps it has something to do with the perception of brawn...

Sorry, thought you were inferring otherwise. :p

That is it though, isn't it?

Men, when hot, can just pull off their shirts when working outside or at the beach or what-have-you, and not give two thoughts to what they look like or who could be looking. Whether they have a big beer gut or are built like Thor himself. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter to the law either. The law doesn't concern itself with topless men as long as they put a shirt on when in businesses that post that a shirt is required. Otherwise, walk down Main Street without a shirt...just fine. But if a woman does the same thing...suddenly it's a crime.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The real issue would be how accident prone the group doing the leering is.
Thor would affect women & gay males, both notoriously safe drivers....except when texting & gossiping.
Hetero men are much more dangerous, so that's why women must cover.
Fair? No. But life ain't fair. Women can expose hooters in public for the natural function of feeding an ankle biter.
But men can be prosecuted & put on a sex offender list just for the performing the natural function of whizzing behind a tree.

Let's hope things don't head in this direction...
Meet the Face-Kini, the latest craze to hit China's beaches as bathers wear masks to beat the sun's harmful rays | Mail Online

And again I am seeing the comparison that shouldn't be made. Exposing a breast...exposing the penis. Not comparable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And again I am seeing the comparison that shouldn't be made. Exposing a breast...exposing the penis. Not comparable.
I made no such comparison.

Do you have POBS (penis on the brain syndrome)?
I've heard it's going around, possibly delivered by infected mosquitoes.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Sorry, thought you were inferring otherwise. :p

That is it though, isn't it?

Men, when hot, can just pull off their shirts when working outside or at the beach or what-have-you, and not give two thoughts to what they look like or who could be looking. Whether they have a big beer gut or are built like Thor himself. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter to the law either. The law doesn't concern itself with topless men as long as they put a shirt on when in businesses that post that a shirt is required. Otherwise, walk down Main Street without a shirt...just fine. But if a woman does the same thing...suddenly it's a crime.
from one thing to the next...but related in a twisted sort of way..
on another thread...men dressing more than women, i brought up the issue of
uniforms at the work place as they reflect what society deems as acceptable attire...women in skirts and men in slacks...
and on cold, snowy or rainy days, women still have to show their legs, while men can wear pants...

go figure
:shrug:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
and on cold, snowy or rainy days, women still have to show their legs, while men can wear pants...
go figure
:shrug:
Yeah, but on hot summer days, women can wear skirts, & even go commando.
Fashion (especially haute couture) ain't fair.....that's why I boycott it.
Nothing says respect & power like a Hawaiian shirt.
(Btw, NEVER NEVER NEVER tuck one into one's pants. They're meant to be free.)
tom-selleck-magnum-hawaiian-shirt.jpg

Gallery-Hawaiian-shirts-E-003.jpg

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yeah, but on hot summer days, women can wear skirts, & even go commando.
Fashion (especially haute couture) ain't fair.....that's why I boycott it.
Nothing says respect & power like a Hawaiian shirt.
(Btw, NEVER NEVER NEVER tuck one into one's pants. They're meant to be free.)

good point...the moo moo rules in my book

:D