• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest film of all time

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Greatest film of all time. Man, that would be a tough one. I'd have to list my top-ten picks, and then I would probably keep adding to it as I remember this one and that one. :D

I liked Titanic a lot though. Great soundtrack. :yes:

Titanic

Greatest film of all time. Man, that would be a tough one. I'd have to list my top-ten picks, and then I would probably keep adding to it as I remember this one and that one. :D

I liked Titanic a lot though. Great soundtrack. :yes:
Yeah I understand thanks for liking Titanic.:yes:

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
It's hard to decide the best one. I have collection of 300+ movies and all of them are good.
:D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I can say some of my favorites are:
Interview with the Vampire. Probably because Anne Rice wrote the screen play and it followed fairly closely to the book.
Star Wars (the original trilogy, not the prequel stuff)
Final Fantasy: Advent Children and the Underworld movies are also good.
Super Troopers, meow that's a movie that never gets old.
I also really liked Avatar. That movie I am glad to say I watched the 3D version, even though it was cumbersome and awkwards trying to wear my regular glasses and 3D glasses. But most definitly seeing that movie in 3D was an experience.

ron4711

There are many movies I loved as a kid and adult. But looking back at them I see flaws that really annoy me. Maybe not technical flaws but flaws in emotion, sentiment and spirituality.

Titanic in particular annoys me with its sugary ending, though I pretty much enjoyed the rest of it. Spoiler - Rose's spirit is reunited after death with Jack and the rest of the dead passengers of the Titanic. This is giddily romantic at first view, but if you think about it, it is pretty dark. Why would you want to spend eternity in a watery depth where you had the most horrific night of your life. It seems like hell to me. What about all the other loved ones in her life. It appears that Rose led a long fulfilled life, married happily and had children. What justice is this to her husband's spirit for her to be with Jack. If this was a religiously based afterlife, shouldn't her spirit be with her god?

Oh well, one of my favorite movies is "Life of Brian". I think it says a lot about the human condition and how our supernatural stories come about in a funny and irreverent way.

Titanic

There are many movies I loved as a kid and adult. But looking back at them I see flaws that really annoy me. Maybe not technical flaws but flaws in emotion, sentiment and spirituality.

Titanic in particular annoys me with its sugary ending, though I pretty much enjoyed the rest of it. Spoiler - Rose's spirit is reunited after death with Jack and the rest of the dead passengers of the Titanic. This is giddily romantic at first view, but if you think about it, it is pretty dark. Why would you want to spend eternity in a watery depth where you had the most horrific night of your life. It seems like hell to me. What about all the other loved ones in her life. It appears that Rose led a long fulfilled life, married happily and had children. What justice is this to her husband's spirit for her to be with Jack. If this was a religiously based afterlife, shouldn't her spirit be with her god?

Oh well, one of my favorite movies is "Life of Brian". I think it says a lot about the human condition and how our supernatural stories come about in a funny and irreverent way.
I get were your coming from but I still think it was a awesome movie and I am a guy too.:D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Titanic in particular annoys me with its sugary ending, though I pretty much enjoyed the rest of it. Spoiler - Rose's spirit is reunited after death with Jack and the rest of the dead passengers of the Titanic.

That was my favorite part. :p I was like "The kids finally got a break!" I mean, they had to die to get it, but no relationship is perfect.

ron4711

That was my favorite part. :p I was like "The kids finally got a break!" I mean, they had to die to get it, but no relationship is perfect.

Yeah, it was my wife's favorite part too, and I liked the end originally. But the more I thought about it the more I disagreed with it on several levels.

I mean, I dated this girl once who was just a load of fun and great to be with. We broke up cause she didn't want kids. In some ways she had a bigger impact on who I am than my wife. But I would not want to go back to her and if I thought I would or could I would never have married.

So its like Rose cheated on Jack the rest of her life then dumped her husband and went back to Jack.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's apparently been so many years since I have seen Titanic that I really do not at all remember what happens. But then again all I really do remember was that look on Leonardo DiCaprio's face as he was handcuffed to whatever and seeing the water raise above the window he was looking out of, and then when his dead body sank into the water. Oh, I also remember the group of musicians playing one last song.
I guess I am going to have to watch Titanic again as I really do not even remember Rose and Jack being reunited in the afterlife, or the other passengers.

Titanic

It's apparently been so many years since I have seen Titanic that I really do not at all remember what happens. But then again all I really do remember was that look on Leonardo DiCaprio's face as he was handcuffed to whatever and seeing the water raise above the window he was looking out of, and then when his dead body sank into the water. Oh, I also remember the group of musicians playing one last song.
I guess I am going to have to watch Titanic again as I really do not even remember Rose and Jack being reunited in the afterlife, or the other passengers.
Its a really good movie you should watch it again if you want.:D

WyattDerp

It's just so hard to pick a "super favourite" movie...!

There are so many good movies. "Lenny" from 1974, about Lenny Bruce played by Dustin Hoffmann, "Tsotsi" from 2005 is also sad but good, and I'll always love "Magnolia", even if it was just for the scene where they all sing. "Logan's Run" I also want to mention, because I have a soft spot for older science fiction movies with a message ^^

But "Spinal Tap" just makes me grin when I think of it, and I do think it's incredibly well done, it's genius. So, yeah :D