• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest film of all time

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just so you know, the movie titles in my posts in this thread are links to the IMDB page for them.

How about 80 Steps To Jonah?

Six Pack?
Spaceballs?
JFK?
Ghostbusters?
three Amigos?

That is a good one as well, though not in my top favorites.
Ghostbusters I love, and I recently fell in love with it again after I watched Zombieland and saw Bill Murray's idea of West Coast hospitality (I think I never associated Bill Murray with pot before because I've watched many of his movies, such as Ghostbusters, since I was a little kid).
Spaceballs was all right. IMO Robin Hood Men in Tights is a good candidate for a greatest comedy. But with Mel Brooks how can you really narrow it down? History of the Earth, Dracula Dead and Loving It, Young Frankenstein, just too many good ones to choose.
As for Three Amigos, I must ask how could you narrow it down to one Steve Martin flick? He even ties in with Mel Brooks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well. For one of the best known I really go for The Wizard of Oz.

For the least best underated , I am partial to Thor at the Bus Stop.

Titanic

Many, people would say the godfather was the greatest film of all time. I am not one of them but it is still a decent film and worth checking out. for a cinematic experience watch avatar highest grossing film of all time at box office. does anyone vote it the best?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
'Fraid I didn't like Titanic. Couldn't get over DiCaprio, and in any case, I'm not a fan of the genre.

For the longest time, I considered Amadeus the greatest film, but lately I've been giving a LOT of props to Quest For Fire, for having a narrative wherein the story is simple enough to follow, yet there's not a single line of recognizable dialogue. Nevertheless, I knew exactly what was going on, I knew the four main characters very well, and its a very inspiring story to boot, an hour-and-a-half illustration of the bit from the Dao De Jing:

"Give a man a fish, and you teach him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well, ever person has their on opinion on what is the greatest movie.

One guy I know of thinks King Kong is the greatest. ^_^

What is Quest for Fire?

It's a move from the 1980s that follows a group of Neanderthals on a, well, quest for fire.

The plot is that after an attack by a rival tribe, the tribe of the character's the main plot follows loses their source of fire (since they don't know how to make it, they have to steal it), and they have to go find another source and bring it back. On the way, they come across a Cro-Magnon girl who... well, I refer you once again to the quote.

It's definitely a bit on the artsy side of movies, but as far as art films go, it's MUCH more coherent, easily understood, and isn't freaking DEPRESSING!!

Titanic

Thanks for the info, I think King Kong was a big letdown. I might check out that Quest for fire. What is your opinion on Gone with the wind.

Shadow Wolf

I will say that I think hardly anything new is great. It seems that all to often movies have to be dumbed down, crammed with action, and filled with shallow plots lest the audience gets lost. Prime example, the original Clash of the Titans compared to newer one which considered a divinely inspired mechanical owl commissioned by Athena herself that could fly and only the hero could understand a piece of junk. And apparently having to use your brain to solve riddles and use a special shield to defeat Medusa is just too much to ask of a "hero" that can only rush in with sword swinging. And apparently the endless inexplicable defensive advantages a helmet of invisibility would have just isn't good enough for our stupid hero. But a sword that can cut cleanly through marble is good enough, because our dumb hero does not know the best offense is a good defense.

Shadow Wolf

Thanks for the info, I think King Kong was a big letdown. I might check out that Quest for fire. What is your opinion on Gone with the wind.
I cried during the newer King Kong, watching the poor gorilla getting shot to death, the look in his eyes, the look in girls eyes, it was more heart breaking than the guy's wife with amnesia in The Notebook.:sad4:

Titanic

I cried during the newer King Kong, watching the poor gorilla getting shot to death, the look in his eyes, the look in girls eyes, it was more heart breaking than the guy's wife with amnesia in The Notebook.:sad4:
I just could not get in to it and the 3 hours and seven minutes it lasted was too long it could not sustain it's self for that long in my opinion. I like the book of the notebook better than the movie of it.:yes:. :sorry1: about the gorilla dying.