• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Allah's Messenger peace be upon him said,

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A wise man is the one who calls himself to account (and refrains from doing evil deeds) and does noble deeds to benefit him after death; and the foolish person is the one who subdues himself to his temptations and desires and seeks from Allah the fulfillment of his vain desires."[/FONT]

[Hadith in Al Tirmidhi]

Cordoba

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Do not hold back (from giving to people and helping them), or God will withhold (His mercy and blessings) from you.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Ibn `Umar and `Aisha (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Jibril (Angel Gabriel) kept recommending treating neighbours with kindness until I thought he would assign them a share of inheritance".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet once slept on a reed mat and got up with the marks
of it on his body. His companions saw the marks and expressed
concern that they should have made him more comfortable. The
Prophet replied: "What have I to do with this world? In relation
to this world, I am like a rider who shades himself under a tree
and then (continues on his way)."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1351​

Cordoba

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]"Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and continue to stretch His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west".[/FONT]

[Hadith in Sahih Muslim]

kassi

Peace said:
The Messenger of God, upon whom be peace, said:"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry."

It was related in Malik's Muwatta, Book 47, Number 47.3.12. Sahih al Bukhari (8:135) and Sahih Muslim (#6313)
I like this saying. It would be nice if we all could do this.:)

Cordoba

Yes, indeed.

(Don't get angry) was the advice of the Prophet to someone who came to him seeking advice.

Cordoba

`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"The best of companions with Allah is the one who is best to his companions, and the best of neighbours to Allah is the one who is the best of them to his neighbour".

[Hadith in At-Tirmidhi]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Whoever pursues a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will thereby make easy for him a path to Paradise." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"God is Beautiful and loves beauty" [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"Three follow a dead body (to the grave): members of his family, his possessions and his deeds. Two of them return and one remains with him. His family and his possessions return; his deeds remain with him".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“The servants God loves most are those most sincere with God’s servants.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Worship God as if you see him, and remember that even if you do not see God , God still sees you"[/FONT]

Cordoba

Abu Yahya Suhaib bin Sinan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer.

If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is good for him".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

The prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Everyone of my Ummah (i.e. Nation) will enter Paradise except those who do not want to." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]He was asked: "Who are those who do not want to?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]He said, "Whoever obeys me, shall enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me, does not want to (enter Paradise)."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah
(peace be upon him) said,

"He who desires ample provisions and his life be prolonged, should maintain good ties with his relatives".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Honesty & Trusting in God[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]This story is in a hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari, narrated by Abu Huraira:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Prophet said, “An Israeli man asked another Israeli to lend him one thousand Dinars. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The second man required witnesses. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The former replied, ‘Allah is sufficient as a witness[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The second said, ‘I want a surety.’ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The former replied, ‘Allah is sufficient as a surety[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The second said, ‘You are right,’ and lent him the money for a certain period. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The debtor went across the sea. When he finished his job, he searched for a conveyance so that he might reach in time for the repayment of the debt, but he could not find any. So, he took a piece of wood and made a hole in it, inserted in it one thousand Dinars and a letter to the lender and then closed (i.e. sealed) the hole tightly. He took the piece of wood to the sea and said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]‘O Allah! You know well that I took a loan of one thousand Dinars from so-and-so. He demanded a surety from me but I told him that Allah’s Guarantee was sufficient and he accepted Your guarantee. He then asked for a witness and I told him that Allah was sufficient as a Witness, and he accepted You as a Witness. No doubt, I tried hard to find a conveyance so that I could pay his money but could not find, so I hand over this money to You.’ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Saying that, he threw the piece of wood into the sea till it went out far into it, and then he went away. Meanwhile he started searching for a conveyance in order to reach the creditor’s country.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]One day the lender came out of his house to see whether a ship had arrived bringing his money, and all of a sudden he saw the piece of wood in which his money had been deposited. He took it home to use for fire. When he sawed it, he found his money and the letter inside it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Shortly after that, the debtor came bringing one thousand Dinars to him and said, ‘By Allah, I had been trying hard to get a boat so that I could bring you your money, but failed to get one before the one I have come by.’ The lender asked, ‘Have you sent something to me?’ The debtor replied, ‘I have told you I could not get a boat other than the one I have come by.’ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The lender said, ‘Allah has delivered on your behalf the money you sent in the piece of wood. So, you may keep your one thousand Dinars and depart guided on the right path.’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]” Source: Sahih Bukhari (Volume 3, Book 37, Number 488h)[/FONT]

Cordoba

“Exchange gifts, and mutual love arises; shake hands, and enmity will fall away.”

(Hadith reported by Ibn Asakir)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“A Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.”

(Hadith narrated by al-Tirmidhi)