• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"A wise man is the one who calls himself to account (and refrains from doing evil deeds) and does noble deeds to benefit him after death; and the foolish person is the one who subdues himself to his temptations and desires and seeks from Allah the fulfillment of his vain desires."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you.”

(Hadith in At-Tabarani)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Abandon desire for this world, and God will love you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Abandon desire for others’ goods, and people will love you.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

The prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Each of you is the mirror of his brother, so if he sees any fault in him he should wipe it away from him." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Another version has, "The believer is the believer's mirror and the believer is the believer's brother who guards him against loss and protects him when he is absent.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"My Sustainer has given me nine commands: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]to remain conscious of God, whether in private or public; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]to speak justly, whether angry or pleased; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]to show moderation both when poor and when rich; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]to reunite friendship with those who have broken off with me; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]to give to him who refuses me; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]that my silence should be occupied with thought; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]that my looking should be an admonition; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]and that I should command what is right."[/FONT]

Cordoba

"No one can be given a blessing better and greater than patience."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'It is not proper for a man to keep away from his brother for more than three days, and then when they meet to turn their faces away from each other. The better of the two is the one who greets the other first.'[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

'A merchant who hoards goods in order to raise their price is a sinner.'

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'It is not just for a man to sell his merchandise without disclosing its defects. It is proper for the vendor to tell the buyer of any defects of which he is aware.'[/FONT]

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

Cordoba

The best sustenance is that which you earn by your own industry. The Prophet Dawud (David) used to earn his sustenance with his own hands.

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Whosoever visits an ailing person or a brother of his to seek the Pleasure of Allah, an announcer (angel) calls out: `[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]May you be happy, may your walking be blessed, and may you be awarded a dignified position in Paradise".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Virtue is noble behaviour, and sin is that which creates doubt and you do not like people to know about it.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Allah is Gentle and He loves gentleness, and rewards for gentleness while He does not reward severity, and does not give for any thing besides it (gentleness).'' [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"No one of you shall become a true believer until he desires for his brother what he desires for himself". [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"He who is not merciful to people Allah will not be merciful to him.'' [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) Health and free time for doing good." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Allah will cover up on the Day of Resurrection the defects (faults) of the one who covers up the faults of the others in this world"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Allah the Almighty has said:

"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.

O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A believer should not be stung twice from the same hole.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

Richness is not having many belongings, but richness is the richness of the soul (contentment).

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)