• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"By Him in Whose Hand my soul is! You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you shall not believe until you love one another. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]May I inform you of something, if you do, you love each other. Promote greetings amongst you (by saying As-salamu `alaikum - i.e. peace be upon you - to one another)".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"When there are three of you, two of you must not talk privately without including the third."[/FONT]

(Related by Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

“If a Muslim consoles his brother during some crisis, God will adorn him in garments of grace on the Day of Judgment.”

(Hadith in Sunan Ibn-Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'Honesty leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]A man remains honest and concerned about honesty until he is recorded as an honest man with Allah. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Lying leads to sinfulness and sinfulness leads to the Fire. A man keeps lying and remains partial to lies until he is recorded as a liar with Allah.' [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'Wealth does not come from having great riches; (true) wealth is contentment of the soul.' [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahîh Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"In Paradise there is a gate called al-Rayyan. Those who have fasted will enter by it on the Day of Resurrection.

There will be an announcement asking, "Where are those who have fasted?" Then they will get up, and none but they will enter by that gate. As soon as they have entered, the gate will be closed and no one else will enter that way."

(Hadith in Sahih Bukhari)

Cordoba

"You are not better than people (of other races) unless you excel them in piety."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"Ruined are those who insist on hardship in matters of the Faith.'' He repeated this three times.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

The meaning of this hadith is that the religion of Islam is easy. The Prophet, peace be upon him, advised his companions and all Muslims not to make it complicated.

Cordoba

"A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith:

The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance.

As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"When Allah loves a slave, He calls out Jibril (Gabriel) and says: `I love so-and-so; so love him'. Then Jibril loves him.

After that he (Jibril) announces to the inhabitants of heavens that Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; and the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him and then make people on earth love him".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.'

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"A wise man is the one who calls himself to account (and refrains from doing evil deeds) and does noble deeds to benefit him after death; and the foolish person is the one who subdues himself to his temptations and desires and seeks from Allah the fulfillment of his vain desires."

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you.”[/FONT] [/FONT]

(Hadith in At-Tabarani)

Cordoba

“Do not hold back (from giving to people and helping them), or God will withhold (His mercy and blessings) from you.”

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

kalkan

[FONT=georgia, verdana]Prophet Muhammed (s.a.v) said: narrated from Abu Hurairah[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, verdana]"The [/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana]rights[/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana] of a Muslim on the Muslims are to follow the funeral processions, to accept invitation and to reply the sneezer. ( Hadith No 331 Bukhari) [/FONT]

Cordoba

“Abandon desire for this world, and God will love you. Abandon desire for others’ goods, and people will love you.”

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

kalkan

[FONT=georgia, verdana]The Prophet said, "[/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana]faith[/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana] (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness [FONT=georgia, verdana]and scruple, etc.) is a part of [/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana]faith[/FONT][FONT=georgia, verdana]." [/FONT] (Bukhari from Abu Huraira)[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Shall I tell you who is kept away from Hell and from whom Hell is kept away? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]From everyone who is gentle and kind, approachable and of an easy disposition."[/FONT]

Cordoba

The believers whose faith is most perfect are those who have the best character.

(Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)