• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

The believer is not the one who eats his fill when the neighbour beside him is hungry.

(Hadith in Al-Baihaqi)

Cordoba

"Eat together and not separately, for the blessing is associated with the company."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one boasts over another, or oppresses another

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

seed757

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."
- Sahih Bukhari

seed757

Book 035, Number 6473:
Hammam b. Munabbih reported so many ahadith from Abu Huraira and one out of them is this that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said that Allah thus stated: When My servant draws close to me by the span of a palm, I draw close to him by the space of a cubit, and when he draws close to Me by the space of a cubit, I draw close to him by the space (covered) by two hands, and when he draws close to Me by the space (covered by) two hands, I go in hurry towards him.

- Sahih Muslim

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“True spiritual excellence is devotion to God as if you see Him; and though you do not see Him, you at least know that He sees you.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

“The most rewarding visitation of the sick is the one that is appropriately brief.”

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“Honor scholars, as they are the inheritors of the prophets. Anyone who honors them has honored God and His Messenger.”

Cordoba

People will not sit remembering God without the angels surrounding them, mercy covering them, peace descending on them.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Modesty is part of faith and fosters only goodness."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Allah (SWT) said:
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]If you spend (to help others), O son of Adam! I [God] shall spend on you.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]When a man dies no further reward is recorded for his actions, with three exceptions: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Charity which continues to be supplied, or knowledge from which benefit continues to be reaped, or the prayers of a good son to his dead father.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The most perfect in faith among you are those who have the best manners, and the most virtuous among you are those who are good to their wives."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“True spiritual excellence is devotion to God as if you see Him; and though you do not see Him, you at least know that He sees you.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Exchange gifts, and mutual love arises; shake hands, and enmity will fall away." [/FONT]

(Hadith - Ibn Asakir)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“May God have mercy on a servant who spoke well and gained good, or kept silent and avoided harm.” [/FONT]

(Hadith - Ibn al-Mubarak)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Fear Allah wherever you are, do good deeds after doing bad ones, the former will wipe out the latter, and behave decently towards people".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

“Those who show mercy have God’s mercy shown to them.

Have mercy on those here on earth, and the One there in Heaven will have mercy on you.”

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)