• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“One beneficial scholar is better than a thousand worshipful devotees.” [/FONT]

(Hadith reported by Ad-Daylami)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A believer never has his fill of good deeds until he ends up in Paradise."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“A kind word is charity"[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“O people, Greet others in peace, feed (the poor and needy), behave kindly to your relatives, offer prayer when others are asleep, and (thus) enter Paradise in peace.”

(Hadith in Al- Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"God condemns the one who takes, pays, witnesses, or notarizes a usurious transaction"

(Hadith in Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

A man asked the prophet, peace be upon him, about the Hour (that is the Day of Judgement) saying "When will the Hour be?"

The prophet said "What have you prepared for it?"

The man said "Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Messenger"

The prophet said "You will be with those whom you love."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

The Excellence of Knowledge

The Prophet said, "The best of men is the learned believer who, if he is needed, he will be useful; and if dispensed with, he will be self-sufficient."

The Prophet also said, "God said unto Abraham, 'O Abraham! Verily I am knowing and I love every knowing person'."

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Give the worker his wages before his sweat dries."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)
[/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“If a Muslim consoles his brother during some crisis, God will adorn him in garments of grace on the Day of Judgment.” [/FONT]

(Hadith reported by Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

Narrated Abu Huraira: [FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Allah's Apostle said, "All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action".[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"I guarantee a house in the surroundings of paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he is in the right, a house in the middle of paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he is joking, and a house in the upper part of paradise for a man who makes his character good."

(Hadith in Abu Dawood)

Cordoba

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"None of you is a (true) believer until you love for your brother what you love for yourself."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"If you did not commit sins, Allah would sweep you out of existence and replace you by another people who would commit sins, ask for Allah's forgiveness and He would forgive them".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"(Of the) major sins are: to ascribe partners to Allah, disobey parents, murder someone, and to take a false oath (intentionally)".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“Be mindful of God wherever you are, and follow up any misdeed you might do with a good deed that will wipe it out (being weightier in the scale). And deal with people on the basis of good character.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"Fear Allah wherever you are, do good deeds after doing bad ones, the former will wipe out the latter, and behave decently towards people".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"If you guarantee me six things on your part, I shall guarantee you Paradise. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Speak the truth when you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with something fulfill your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your gaze (in modesty), and restrain your hands from injustice."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)