• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

A person asked Allah's Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) who among Muslims was better. Upon this (the Holy Prophet) remarked:

One from whose hand and tongue Muslims are safe.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

The Compassionate One [God] has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on earth, He Who is in heaven will show mercy on you.

(Hadith in Sunan Abou Dawud)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, was the best among the women (of the world of her time) and Khadija is the best amongst the women (of this nation)."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 642)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him said:

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry."

(Hadith in Muwatta' Malik)

Cordoba

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"If anyone strokes an orphan's head, doing so only for God's sake, he will have blessings for every hair over which his hand passes.

And if anyone treats well an orphan girl or boy under his care, he and I shall be like these two in Paradise," while putting two of his fingers together

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said,

"Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam)."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Narrated Muawiya:​
I heard Allah's Apostle saying,

"If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion.

I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established."

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)​

Cordoba

A man asked the Prophet ,

"What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?"

The Prophet replied,

"To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know"

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you; and speak the truth even if it be against yourself."

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The person who perfectly maintains the ties of kinship is not the one who does it because he gets recompensed by his relatives (for being kind and good to them), but the one who truly maintains the bonds of kinship is the one who persists in doing so even though the latter has severed the ties of kinship with him".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"O Allah! I seek refuge with You from distress and sorrow, from helplessness and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from being heavily in debt and from being overcome by men"

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"If anyone of you looked at a person who was made superior to him in property and (in good) appearance, then he should also look at the one who is inferior to him, and to whom he has been made superior. "

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

The moral of this hadith is that by remembering those who are less fortunate, one become grateful for the many bounties he/she has

Cordoba

The Prophet said,

"Jesus, seeing a man stealing, asked him, 'Did you steal?,

He said, 'No, by Allah, except Whom there is None who has the right to be worshipped'

Jesus said, 'I believe in Allah and suspect my eyes."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari - Volume 4, Book 55, Number 653)

Cordoba

"God...will say on the Day of Resurrection: 'O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed Me.'

(The person) will reply: 'My Lord, how could I feed Thee when Thou art the Lord of the worlds?'

(God will then) say: 'Didn't you know that a servant of Mine (once) asked you for food, but you did not feed him. And were you not aware that if you had fed him, you would have found him by My side?'"

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"There will be after you days which will require (much) patience from the one who clings firmly (to the religion). There will be (for the one who clings to the religion) the reward equal to fifty of you in those days."

They said: Or do you mean fifty amongst them?

He said: "No. From amongst you."

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"If you are kind to your neighbor, you will be a believer.

If you like others to have what you like for yourself, you will be a Muslim."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong.

Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil."

[Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi]